Guest viewing is limited

TKR Scared but I made it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you really did over do Natalie. But don't beat yourself up - we have all been there. Just rest and let your body recover - then start again!
 
Well, puzzled was I last night. I cut the Lunesta in 1/2 and thought I was in for a good nights sleep, first in a week...
UP ALL NIGHT!!! 1 mg pill didn't work... I will try the 2 mg pill (not cut) tonight, if that does not work, I will call the doctor for the next step, I can't go on with no sleep, I can't even sleep during the day, could it be the VOLTAREN that is keep me awake?
 
I like the idea of the buzzer, but knowing myself, if I felt good, I'd just hit the 'snooze' button and keep going.
I guess that is why I had a slow recovery (oh yeah, forgot about the sciatic compression from a degenerated disc that set me back)....
Finding that line between doing enough and doing too much is difficult.
 
Nope, it is not the Voltaren. Please do not get frustrated about this sleep issue---it is normal, and you just need to relax, not try to fight it, and sleep when you can. I learned mine the hard way, too---I was going to beat the sleep issue if it took me all night, and I was up all night; in fact, I was up many nights.

I ended up napping when I could; just do not panic about this; things will subside.
 
I am going to try the Lunesta ONE more night, I think that I was waiting and thinking about it and waiting for the sleep to come, and my mind is whirling, and that is why it didn't work, last night when I was still up at 1 AM, I got up and took 2 benedryl, and did sleep some, maybe 4 hours total...
Anyway, noticed that my knee didn't hurt as much today... I didn't do anything, was lax, didn't exercise at all... last night I rode the stationary bike for 10 mintues, it was tuff to get that pedal to go around, but I did it.
Tomorrow is PT... will come home and ice and elevate.
Only going to take the Voltaren tonight, not tylenol too.
Went to the OS today, last visit until January, he gave me flying colors, said I could do anything I wanted, hike, bike, swim, golf... YEAAAHHHHH!
 
YES!!! That is what you wanted to hear from your OS. Isn't it great to know that you can now get back into life? Well done and keep it going. :biggrin:
 
Congrats! It is great to hear you are doing so well and that you are free to live! Keep up the great work...and I do hope sleep comes soon.
 
Natalie,

Great words that you heard from your OS. I think when I heard my OS say the same thing every thung started to feel better. Felt like someone took the ball and chain away and said go and live life the best you can. I haven't gone oveboard with things but it sure felt better than sitting around worrying about how I ws doing.
 
Tis great news from the OS.

Took the Lunesta and no sleep.....got up and took two tylenol and two benedryl.

Maybe sleep will come.
 
Natalie, its great to hear about the knee, not so good news about your sleep, however, I do think that it will work itself out in due course, I believe I was a full six months before I can say that I was sleeping normally, but when sleep is avoiding me, I used to get up and on my laptop and spent time talking with my BoneSmarty friends in the US!! Then I felt better for unloading and sleep came.........

Take Care
Aretha:doggieshmooze:
 
grabbit97 ~

Congratulations on the great report from your OS! That should make you feel great - and ready to conquer hiking, biking, swimming and golfing! I hope the sleep issue resolves itself soon as well. :thumb:
 
Can someone tell me how often I can take Advil and Tylenol for pain and how much and what is the limit.
Thank you
 
Well, it should be written on the box or on the leaflet in the box but it is thus:
Tylenol Extra Strength 500mg x 2 tablets (1,000mg) every 4-6 hours and no more than 8 tablets (4,000mg) per 24hrs
Advil (ibuprofen) 400-800mgs 3 times a day and no more than 2,400mg per 24hrs.
 
New delvelopment, went to the doctor, having cramps in the back of my legs, esp. the rtkr one...there is something called an IT BAND that is causing me some bad pain, under the kneecap and up the side of the right leg. Doppler was taken of the knee, and let, no blood clot, that was good.. so now, what we do, doc says ride biek good for it, moist heat and massage, PT to use ultrasound, and elec stimuls.. some stretching exercises?
All these sound good, what else,
Will this pain in my knee below the kneecap go away?
 
I have terrible cramping pains in both legs, mostly in the R leg where I had the surgery. I am going to PT, where they are going to show me some stretches, and do the ultrasound, and the stim, and doctor told me to put heat on the IT area, not near the knee, but 1/2 way up the leg (R).. and then after heat to massage the area to loosen, also said that bike riding would be good for it to loosen it?
Any or all of this true?
 
All good advice. But it's called broken link removed: https://www.unc.edu/%7Ewrightke/what2.html therapy.
 
I hope you get some relief. On the sleep problems, I tried Lunesta and it never worked for me. I switched to Ambien 10 mg and 1/2 pill works for me sometimes. Benadryl doesn't put me to sleep but keeps me awake. I hope you are able to take naps during the day. At this point, any sleep is better than nothing.
Greda
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom