TKR SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duh.....no matter how small.....not "master".......geesh! :blush:
 
Hi Amab, everything is going great! I am now walking around house without crutch or walker but I am still wobbly. Still need crutch when I leave house. Rom is slowly gaining. The weather here is absolutely beautiful so I am going to get outside for a while. Outpatient PT is going well. I missed my swim classes this week but will get to them next week again. Have a nice day! :)
 
SadKnee
Sounds like you are improving well!
That is fantastic. Congratulations!
 
Good morning Sadknee , how are you doing?
You sound like you are making great progress. Enjoy your beautiful weather, sitting out on a sunny day sounds wonderful. :SUNsmile:
We had a sunny day yesterday but it was very cold and frosty, still it was good to see some sunshine.
Have a great day,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2:
 
Hello All! Well on Tue I was able to get to 75 and today I was able to go completely around on the recumbent but backwards not forwards. To some this will sound like small potatoes but for me this is GREAT progress!

I had a great week. I went camping early in the week and then spent the last three days in Palm Springs, CA. The weather was very warm and I was able to swim. Both my hotels had beautiful pools. Had a GREAT time and I am planning on going back in a few weeks.
 
Good morning Sadknee , how are you doing?
You sound like you are making great progress. Enjoy your beautiful weather, sitting out on a sunny day sounds wonderful. :SUNsmile:
We had a sunny day yesterday but it was very cold and frosty, still it was good to see some sunshine.
Have a great day,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2:

Hi Toothfairy, I hope you get some warm weather soon! It sure makes a difference! Take care!
 
You still exploiting that "Sadknee" screen name??? I think you just like the encouragement from all of the Bonesmarties. You realize of course that when you are fully recovered and no longer paying any attention to the knee, then you would just be "Sad"..........and we can't have that......so you better start putt'n in some legitimate effort to choos'n a new screen name. Especially for when you become a veteran on here giving advice to newbies.(they need constant uplifting, ya know) OK, so you don't like Kickboxer.......how bout.....Ladies & gentlemen......."now appearing on Bonesmart.......formally known as "Sadknee".......please welcome "Superknee". too much??? OK.....you work on it and I'll check back later.

Oh yeah......BTW..... great progress with your recovery.......I knew you would. :thumb:
 
Good morning Sadknee, great progress on the recumbent.
Backwards rotations are the beginning of great things. When I got on my bike at first I couldn't manage any rotations and just rocked back and forward.
I progressed from there to backwards rotations then to forwards rotations. I still need to start with backwards rotations before I can go forwards.
It is a slow and steady progression. Congratulations on your splendid backwards rotations, something to be proud of.
Your break sounds great, camping, hotels, swimming and sunshine, all sounds amazing.
I am looking out on a beautiful sunny morning here but still freezy weezy, brrr....
Have a great day.
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Or happyknee? :what: Your PT sounds great! I had mine yesterday, sooo looking forward to my six week out so I can bathe, swim etc.. :bow: . It's good to read of the progress you are making! Well done!! Keep up the good work & as Bill posted, sadknee? Maybe bionicknee, or uberknee? I'm sure you'll think of something & have a few giggles along the way! Take care :puppysmooze:
 
That is great! I still have to go backwards once on the bike to go forward. You will get forward soon! Sun sounds good we have fog here this morning and high wind warnings. You could be shinny knee. Hehe!
 
Congrats on your trip and the relaxation! Also, great continued progress in your recovery. Amazing isn't, how far you have come.....
 
Hi Everyone, thanks for your posts! I truly appreciate it!

While I am moving forward VERY slowly it has not been an easy process at all. I was doing great last week and then something hit me on Friday where EVERY bone in my body ached and I was in bed most of the weekend which is totally unlike me. This week I am forcing myself up and out of the house to keep on moving.

My new PT is very good and is happy with my progress but is concerned that even when he tries to bend my knee, and he is very gentle in a strong way, that he says it feels like he is pushing against a brick wall. This concerns me. I was at a bend of 65 a few weeks ago and I am now to almost 80 bit I am meeting other TKR patients in therapy that are in the same recovery time period that are ALL in the hundreds for bend. I do not seem to be the norm. I know we cannot compare as we are all different but at the same time I am not sure that some of us either need a lot more time or something is just not quite right.

II promise that as soon as I make some real progress I will update my name from SadKnee to something else. I do like Kickboxer but I am not there YET! :) :)

I goto my surgeon tomorrow so we will have to see what he says.
 
You still exploiting that "Sadknee" screen name??? I think you just like the encouragement from all of the Bonesmarties. You realize of course that when you are fully recovered and no longer paying any attention to the knee, then you would just be "Sad"..........and we can't have that......so you better start putt'n in some legitimate effort to choos'n a new screen name. Especially for when you become a veteran on here giving advice to newbies.(they need constant uplifting, ya know) OK, so you don't like Kickboxer.......how bout.....Ladies & gentlemen......."now appearing on Bonesmart.......formally known as "Sadknee".......please welcome "Superknee". too much??? OK.....you work on it and I'll check back later.


Oh yeah......BTW..... great progress with your recovery.......I knew you would. :thumb:

Recycled, you are too funny! I wish I had checked my postings this weekend as yours would have given me the kick I needed! Not exploiting the name as while I am slowly getting better this has been the hardest thing I have ever done physically! I was literally crying this weekend so I truly was being a SadKnee which is normally not like me. Once I get further along I am changing my knee to Kickboxer once I can "walk the talk"!! Ha ha!

Thanks for your post!
 
How about "ReKnewed Knee"? :dancy:

Good news on your new PT and good luck with your visit with your ORS!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom