TKR SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Amab and Bottomshollow :). bottomshollow you were so right with your posting. She was like a mother to me. I posted a pic of her on her 90th birthday. I got along better with her than my mother! She was a true lady. I went through a sad and depressing two weeks but I am back to normal again.

I am back from Chicago and doing pretty good :). My knee has healed up from the kicking incident and my husband seems to think I am walking better. My family is happy and healthy so I can't ask for much more :)! I hope you are both doing well!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon
    image.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 172
Surgery had to be moved due a change in my ORS's schedule. It's now set for 9/17.....only a week's difference, so no big deal. We are heading for a nearby metro area late this week just to get away for a few days. Planned it so we'd get out of town prior to my RTKR.

Good to get back to a normal schedule after your loss. Best to you!
 
Hi SadKnee
It sounds as though you are doing well.
Sorry to hear about the sad loss of your grandma, what a lovely photo, she looks amazing for a lady of 90 and very happy.
I am glad your knee has recovered from 'the kicking incident'
It just shows what a long way you have come that you did it. You couldn't have imagined kicking a few months earlier.
While we give ourselves a fright with these things and cause some soft tissue discomfort I don't think we are going to do the replacement knee joint any damage.
Take care of yourself, hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :wink:
 
How goes it for you? Appreciate your follow up on my most recent surgery.
 
Well last week I was working a LOT of twelve hour days and it seemed to make my knee regress. I am trying to cut down this week but have lots of deadlines and a particularly annoying user that likes to yell and try to bully me. It may be his undoing if he keeps this up.

On the bright side I have a job so I can feed my kids and my knee should pop back into shape. Still limping and stairs are still hard. My husband is still laughing at the kicking incident as I was doing so well until then :). Karma in full force can be scary. Thanks for asking!

I am amazed you can ask about others with you being in such the early stages of recovery. Rest, ice, heal and continue to be the nice person you are checking in here with people. Take care!
 
Thanks Sadknee! Hang in there on the work front!! So glad I'm retired after visiting recently with former colleagues and folks I led while working. Just one less thing I have to worry about...... :)

All I need to do is heal quickly to be able to handle the fall leaves and all of the holiday decorating my wife enjoys so very much.... :) . Not having to deal with work means that it's a doable task.

I had a supervisor several years ago that I had to remind constantly to take care of herself and know when to step away to regenerate......keep that in mind during those 12 hour days you mentioned.

Take care!!
 
Good morning Sadknee,
Those 12 hour days sound like killers.
I hope you can get a bit more of a work/life balance this week.
amab has given you excellent advice about taking care of yourself. :iagree:
I know it's not always that easy but do try.
Hope your knees are "popping back into shape"
I love your positive outlook,
Take care, hugs Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks for your kind post and advice amab it was greatly appreciated even though I did not post back right away. I had a really bad two weeks at work but this week has been better. Really trying to regenerate as you said but keep getting more work piled on me. Going to talk to my manager about this when he returns. I have been thinking of leaving IT and going back to the business side if things don't call down.

Toothfairy thanks for your kind post too! Knee has not quite popped back into shape but hope springs eternal! i hope you are doing good with your knee as well! Hugs to you too :)!!

You and Amab need to do a commercial on knee replacements.
 
Good luck on your discussion with your management on getting back to the "business side"......

I know first hand on that......was moved to a project the last 18 mos of my career for my "business knowledge" .....project work was not a strength in my skill set.....to top it off, the project I was assigned to was defunded just a couple of weeks ago......geesh! Glad I'm outta there.

Keep up the good work while you ask about the change!

How's the knee????
 
Appreciate your kind words from yesterday! I see my ORS tomorrow following my PT session. I'm anticipating being released and no more PT other than home exercises. At least that was the impression I got as I wrapped up my pt session last Thursday. Will update once tomorrow's visit is completed.

How's the knee?
 
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

:merry xmas:
 
Merry Christmas Sadknee. I hope your sad knee is a happy knee now.
Bets wishes for a happy and healthy 2014,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
:xmas-tree::xmas-merry::xmas-kitty:
 
[Bonesmart.org] SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon
bottomshollow
 
So.....how's your knee doing? You a closing in on your new knee anniversary as well! How's the knee responding to increased activity/exercise. Am sure work schedule makes exercise a challenge.

Also what's the update on your job? Make it back to the business side?

Appreciate you checking in on my progress!!
 
Congrats on reaching your 1 year mark!!! Your "AnnKneeVersary".....
 
How goes it? Just passed 1 year mark for my RTKR!

College football in full swing....heading to the Alabama Florida game on Saturday.....Roll Tide!!!!
 
Hi Amab so glad to hear life is good for you as it is for me. Lots of family activity over the last year, keeping myself quite busy and the knee is doing just fine. I 'm so happy that it really has not interfered with my kayaking to any degree as it is one of lifes gentler pleasures for me. Knee number two has nicely settled down so I think I may be able to nudge another year or two out of it :heehee:. thankyou for posting nice to know who everyone is getting on.
take care hugs Gami:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom