TKR SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going by Josephine sage advice and she was right.
Thanks for the kudos but whilst I am more than pleased to be tagged when somebody really needs me for something, please, please, PLEASE don't make my name a tag just because you're mentioning my name in the course of conversation!

I have something like 20 tags every single day which takes me a considerable amount of time to look at and reply to (when the need arises). It's very frustrating when I get to the post only to find I've just been mentioned in passing! Thank you.
 
Hi Sadknee, I have just been catching up with you.
Take it easy back at work. I am just going into my fourth week back. I found week one ok, week three ok but tiring but I found week 2 dreadful. I was very tearful and struggled to cope that week. Looking back I think I was doing to much that week.
I hope that you don't have the same problem but if you do feel a bit stressed about it all please be reassured that this seems to be normal.
Great news that your ROM is improving. You are just travelling your own individual recovery path.
Take it gently and make sure you get plenty of rest now you are back at work.
Hugs Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Hi Toothfairy, thanks for your sweet message. It was really helpful to me! :thankyou:

It has been on the tough side being back but I am adjusting. I still walk soooo slow and my knee sometimes gives a bit and I kind of lose balance but then adjust ... this happens when i try and walk fast too. Makes me very self conscious really hope this gets better.

How is your walking? You were a text book patient so curious if it gets better.

I hope all is going well with you! Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
SadKnee, I am so looking forward to the day we can change your user name and avatar to "HappyKnee"
[Bonesmart.org] SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon
Keep plugging away----you'll get there!


Take care and keep us updated. We care. [Bonesmart.org] SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon
 
Hi Sadknee,
I'm glad to hear you are settling back into work and are coping. It is tough but I am finding it much easier again this week. I hope each week gets easier for you too.

My walking is great thanks.

I know what you mean about your knee giving way a bit, mine went through a spell of doing that a little.
I now walk at a normal pace and am swimming and cycling regularly.
My knee is still a bit swollen but nothing excessive. It sometimes gets a bit stiff and it is occasionally a bit clunky.
I have the odd ache and pain but generally it is really good. I have been so very lucky.

Take it gently and walk at your own pace. I was walking every day before I went back to work and I found that my walking gradually became more fluid and the speed slowly returned.
Take care and enjoy your improving mobility.
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
bottomshollow Thank you for your nice message! I think that once I get my walking down I will be updating my knee to Happy Knee or something kicky :). I am making headway bit by bit. Each month keeps getting better! I did not think it would ever get better but it truly is ). Love all your cute graphics!!! Take care!!
 
Positive progress, no matter how small is always good.
 
Hi Sadknee,
My massage therapist told me to try walking around every day for a little while barefoot. She thought that it would help me "feel" the heel & toe connection when walking. I had limped for so long that I had forgotten how to walk correctly. I was skeptical, but to be honest, it did help quite a bit. I don't know if this will help you or not, but thought that I would pass the advice along.

Hope that you are doing better every week.

Vickie. :dancy:
 
Hi Vickie aka Poof,

Thanks for thinking of me and letting me know this advice. I DO walk better barefoot I noticed. How are things with you? I need to catch up on your thread. With going back to work it seems I never have as much time to stay up-to-date on the forum which I really miss.

Due to my own stupidity I have had a minor setback :(. I was actually doing pretty good before this setback. After a particularly stressful day/night I had a couple glasses of wine (don't normally drink wine) and I was feeling so good that I started goofing around and ended up kind of kicking my leg up in the air a few times and kicking my husband in the behind (softly of course) as he is much taller than I saying "look at how good my knee is doing".

WELL, I must have REALLY stretched the ligaments or something as the next day my knee was VERY swollen and sore particularly on the left side and started hurting again. It still have not recovered from this but the pain has diminished. I have no idea what I did except that I must have stretched something more than it wanted to go. This has put my ROM back about 10 degrees so hopefully after the swelling goes back down I will be back to where I was. Keeping fingers crossed :) or I may have to go sheepishly back to the doctor and have him take a look at it.

My own fault as I had just reached the point where it was feeling really good or I would not have ever tried this. If anyone reads this "don't try this one at home folks when you are only 5 months out". Be forewarned :).
 
Hi,
I will bet that your knee will be back feeling better within a week with a little icing and rest. It's good to realize though that your knee can stretch out and do a kick, right? The ligament on the outside of my knee acts up too when it has seen too much activity. The other day I strained my knee while gardening. It kind of bent sideways and scared me to death! I really thought that I had done some damage to it. After about 3-4 days it was feeling ok again. I go back to the ortho doc on August 12th for a six month x-ray to make sure everything looks good and then maybe I will be released. We are getting ready to do some traveling, so I'm hoping that my knee wants to come along and behave itself! Let us know how you are.

Vickie.
 
Hello! Good to see work is coming along! How quickly we are reminded of our limits only 5-6 months out. Sorry you felt pain but I still had to chuckle at your story......
 
Hi Vickie Poof

Yes it was good to know I could lift my leg and do that. I was a kick boxer that night for a short time LOL. I will wait until my healing is complete.

Sorry you twisted your knee that must have been scary! So happy you are feeling better. I am excited for you that you will be traveling soon. That should give you something fun and interesting to look forward to. Post and let us know of your new adventures :)!!
 
Hi amab

Work is coming along and I am getting back in the groove but I don't have the work drive yet that I had before the surgery. I am sure it will come back.

Yes my husband was chuckling about it the next day too ... silently ... but I could see it in his eyes :).
 
I am hoping the second time thru will be a bit easier.....not so sure my wife agrees on the good patient ....she was just so very patient thru the process. We both know what's ahead of us. Although the weather will be much better than the middle of winter! Trust your camping was successful....
 
Camping was good but received sad news that my Grandmother had passed away unexpectedly. So sad as I had a trip already paid for to visit her in September. I always tried to go back for a yearly trip just to see her. I lived with her off and on as a child and will never forget and be grateful that she always had a place for me. I feel so bad as I told her I would visit after my knee replacement and I did not get out there in time. She was 91. So happy that when I heard she was spending more and more time in her room that I sent her a new flat screen TV for her bedroom right before my knee replacement. I had sent her one for her front room a few years earlier. I guess she really enjoyed it. I loved to send her stuff and surprise her but she really just wanted to see me. She was an AMAZING and KIND woman. So I am off to Chicago tomorrow for her services.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom