TKR SadKnee Will Be Smiling Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadknee your scar is completely different to mine. Mine is like 8" long and a straight line. Funny how we all differ. It looks very good since you only had the op in February. Mine was in October and is now starting to fade a bit. Especially in the middle bit for some unknown reason. You seem to be progressing really well. Well done. I thought I was doing quite well but my ROM seems to be getting worse because of the swelling and like you last thing at night its worse than ever. Its always nice to get into bed and relax it. Nice to catch up. Take Care
 
Well today I finally made it past 65 to 72 so a little progress :). So right now I am at:

Extension: 2
Flex: 72

Now if I could only get to 90 by April 1 when I go see my OS again. But if I don't I will keep at it!
 
Your in the right place. Do keep a journal of all your meds. It helps so muvh. Praying for you to have aspeedy healing. Grest site with very knowledgeable support. Lot of good wishes. Keep us posted
 
Keep going Sadknee you will get there. Nice scar and it does look like it is smiling at you! :heehee:
 
Hi Sadknee...maybe you should change that to happy knee...I reckon with the water exercises and the others you have started maybe soon we will have to call you bendyknee :egypdance: . You know it's okay doesn't matter how long it takes s long as you can see some little improvements as you go. We are all so different aren't we..I can get all te bends but mine still looks like a rockmelon by lunchtime. Some days just have to do very little except lots of icing. Oh I know its' nowhere near as big as it was when I first came home but gee it takes a lot of patience to be on this recovery ride doesn't it. :console2:

But we are all winners just by being here...I reckon by April you will have the numbers you want...just keep chipping away at them. :cheers:

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Brilliant progress. Keep on going. Im on a two week mission to improve my ROM or go back and see the OS. Lets hope we both get to hit our targets. :)
 
Hi Sadknee, your scar looks very neat and it is healing well.
I hope you are having a good day today.
Each day is a day nearer to full recovery. It is so encouraging when you can notice a little improvement. I find it helps to think back to my op day and how I felt then and I can then appreciate the progress I have made.
Take it easy and be happy,
Toothfairy x :happydance: :egypdance:
 
But if I don't I will keep at it!
This is the best attitude. Just keep on keepin' on! It may be a slow process, but it is a process! It is a journey that we have taken and, like those who have reached their destination, you will get there, too.

As slow as it is, it makes it even more rewarding and enjoyable when you finally reach your destination!
 
Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support! It is truly appreciated! I don't know what I would do without this forum! Hugs to you all!!!
 
I feel like we are all truly in this journey together. Some further andsome so very supportive. At least we are all on thesameteam. Hang in there.
 
Hi Sadknee,
Thank you for your post on my thread.
How are you doing today? How are the stretches doing?
Take care,
Toothfairy x
 
Hi! Yesterday I started my outpatient PT and it went GREAT. He started off by doing a wonderful and slow massage, then he stretched my knee very gently. I was on a recumbent bike moving the petals each way but could not make it very far. I then went to a hip machine and worked on that. I finished with ultrasound and some time on a Tens machine with a pulse setting. Really liked him and I hope that lasts.

Update: Pregnancy scare has been resolved. Must have been stress from the aTKR.
 
O dear. What a worry. I honestly havent heard that being a side affect before. Maybe go and see your GP and have a talk with him. I was 41 when I got pregnant with my sixth. 42 when I had her. She's what we call our little surprise. So pleased all went well with your outpatient PT. It sounded really good. All I got was a quick look, yes scars ok. See you in 3 weeks. O the difference. Maybe I wouldnt be here now with these ROM problems if I had got more help early on. You take care. Rest ice and elevate tonight. Keep up on those meds. x
 
Hi Sadknee,
Brilliant news about your outpatient PT, I really like the sound of a massage.
On the other matter I agree with Pat that it would be a good idea to see your doctor to check things out. Good luck.
Hope things work out well for you,
Toothfairy x :spin: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi SadKnee!
How are you enjoying those warm baths? Hasn't it been amazing to get back in there and just relax? My knee feels great when I'm in the tub. I also do some knee bends after I've been in there for a while. I just slide my heel along the bottom of the tub and try to pull it back as far as I can. It's not that far yet, but I can see some improvement.

Thank you for all of the encouraging posts that you have left for me on my recovery thread. It has meant a lot to me! Our surgeries were only a week apart and we definitely know what the other is going thru right now.

We will get thru this and someday it will just be a distant memory!

Vickie
 
Hello......fantastic news about your PT session. Each improvement no master how small we think it is.....it is easy to be our own worst critic. Nice PT day!

Best of luck on your other matters.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom