THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Roofmaster , The pill thing sounds like one of my misadventures ! I hope you can get that straight with some phone calls . I would been in jail with my temper unless the wife took over which she does as I change colors .I'm not good with bull.
It is good to hear that you found some balance with pt and healing . I'm doing well except for the knee .We are still trying to find out what is going on with it .Its slowing things down but with me that might be a good thing .
We will talking to the os next week to see what to do about the knee and other hip . Stay Well ,!
 
Ya Moose the script thing was a real bummer but I learned at an early age Im not a loosing my temper kinda guy.Thats the guy in jail while Im out productively plotting.Vengeance is a plate best served cold.TACTICALLY. Ha ha,sort of.Not.Yeah.Who knows.Me.
Anyway sorry to hear about the knee.It sucks having so much success with the surgery and recovery to have your body fail elsewhere.My left knee was reconstructed 3 years ago from a 28 foot fall off the roof 11 inch piece of steel and 13 screws.Right now my left hip is a limiting factor but after Monday Im hoping that knee wont become a limiting factor.It hasnt bothered me once since I went back to work after the knee recovery it was always my hips that held me back.One things for sure nothings going to stop me short of someone clubbing me to death in my sleep.Good luck with that.We have lived with hip pain for years that would drag regular people mad.Maybe I am mad,good,helps me with recovery.Your right there,you know what I mean.Hey bro lets do this,all the way drill seargent all the way.Rangers lead the way.Peace on Earth,cuz I have grandchildren.
 
Roofmaster Is it Monday that you are having the left leg done? I think that's what I read somewhere. Do you feel differently going into this surgery? It will be so great to have them both done and overwith!:happydance:
 
Hi roofmaster ,I hope you are out enjoying your day today .I think you are going back for more abuse tomorrow.
The best of luck, hope all goes well ,Seamoose !
 
Roofmaster, Good luck on your second hip surgery tomorrow. Here is where your life changes significantly. Remember to take your recovery easy and allow yourself time to heal. Don't rush and do too much. It'll make all the difference.
 
Yes Goody2Shoes3 tomorrow begins the last leg of this journey so to speak. If I do feel it's definitely more anticipation to get it done. I'm not nervous,anxious ot scared in any way. Even the needles arent bothering me this time. My doctor did a phenominal job. I'm so satisfied with every aspect of this. The surgery the recovery the support here on bonesmart.

Yeah seamoose I spent the entire weekend with my sons and grandaughters and one of my grandsons. Had a blast teaching traps and snares and deadfalls and one spark firecraft. You're doing great. Can't wait for you to join the double hip club.

Thanks a lot bsilvers means a lot, bud. I know this is the final countdown and tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. It all gets better from here on out.

anniemg thanks a lot for the well wishes I'll try to get a post up tomorrow. Peace to all.
 
Hi Roofmaster Don't know which time zone you are , it's already 5pm here in old England and I guess you could already have your matching pair! Hope all goes well.
Your weekend sounds wonderful - that takes me back to my Girl Guiding (Scouting) days, firecraft and tracking. Not much opportunity for that in our part of Southern England now, so many wilderness areas are being built on.
Here's to the future:cheers: and remember - slowly does it, you still get there!
Best wishes
Anne
 
Good morning everone.Its 4:20 am tuesday morning and having trouble sleeping so here I am.The surgery went well,a lot of Deja Vu moments thats for sure.I also had an issue with bleeding all over the floor when I walked with PT.The nurses just reinforced the tape around the bandage and a while later I looked under the sheet and found a basketball size pool of blood all over my bed pad.I suggested maybe it would be a good idea to remove the bandage and see exactly whats going on beneath it.They just added more bandages over the existing one and more tape.She texted my doctor the situation report and I ghess those were his instructions and he will be here this morning to chanhe it up and investigate.I dont think thats how I wouldve done things but thats why hes the doctor.It didnt bleed or leak through like that again but its still leaking.Im hoping no staples popped,that would suck.Aside from that dramatic event Im doing great.Gotta try to get more sleep,I shall rreturn later.Peace.
 
Welcome once again to recovery RM... Do let us know what the OS says about the blood leaking, sounds unusual to have that much.. Oozing a little maybe, but not pools of blood.. Josephine, what do you suggest my friend?
 
Ok all is good.The Doctor just changed my bandages and was showing no outward signs of concern over the bleeding.He said everything looked fine and not to worry.As he was changing things there was no more bleeding.He said the surgery went fine and he told my wife she can put on her dancing shoes.Thanks Doc,I hate dancing.I feel better about the bleeding.Going for a walk talk to you later.Peace.
 
Roofmaster. Congrats on your new hip! :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
I guess you weren't able to walk too far with your leg bleeding or you would have told us how it felt to be standing on two new hips. If it was me I would want the bandage taken off to see what the problem was as well but hopefully it will get resolved shortly and you can try them out on the first day of your new life!!! Knowing you, you will be motoring around those halls in no time! Don't forget to ask for ice and elevate! :)
 
Hello again. Just got back from my first real walk. De ja vu all over again. Knowing what to expect made this a walk in the park. I even did the stairs today. The last surgery I didnt do the stairs until the 3rd day.

Last surgery I was released on 4th day, my goal this time is day 3 although I really like this hospital and the staff so we'll see. It's like a hotel you know what I mean. But my wife doesn't like being home alone so I'm gonna shoot for tomorrow. All these sensations which were alien to me first time around are old hat now, weakness, incision pain, discomfort lying down. 1st time around I was a little apprehensive at first when I was released, this time I know what to expect, what to do and more importantly what not to do.

I know one things for sure today is the 1st day of the rest of my life with 2 brand new hips. I'm so excited! If this left hip progresses as well as the right one has I'll be back to work in 2 months. I love life. Love love love it. Peace.
 
:goodpost:A stellar report......just what I was hoping to hear Roofmaster. It can only get better from here and will impact your family in a positive way. Plus you have two months to spend with them before you go back to work. It is really nice to see someone who truly appreciates a second chance and i know you do.
 
Morning Roof! Glad to hear it's going so well this time around also! Must be a good feeling knowing what feels 'right' versus 'wrong'. The bleeding would have freaked me out a little too! I had a drain while I was in the hospital to catch the extra!
Can't wait to read your going home post soon. You're doing great! Keep it up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
How excited you sound Roofmaster.... I can sense your excitement all the way down under to OZ. I am so thrilled for you..
 
Just had a pow wow with my amazing doctor and Im being released today.Thats one day ahead of last release.Im quite ready to go.Although Ive enjoyed my stay here and the staff have been great Im anxious to get back to home turf,plus once I leave here its official the healing begins.I had a slight leg length discrepency after the first surgery which was a source of anxiety.That issue has been resolved,both legs are once again the same length.I dont know how to describe how I feel but before the first surgery every minute of the day and every fiber of my being was consumed with osteo arthritus hip pain.Now I feel reborn,brand new,positive,I have a future ahead of me.Im having a hard time describing the feelings.There arent words to describe it but you all know what I mean.Life is awesome again.
 
Way to go bro! Great post! Glad you're grade home today. Now the real work and real fun starts!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom