Guest viewing is limited

THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're home :yay:...... that's awesome and one more big step in the process to check off. Surgery, hospitals.....all behind you now. You have learned what not to do but even if you are feeling good, take care not to forget that in these first days. Go at it slow. Not your nature I know but you will avoid the risk of any long term problems......rest, ice and elevate It will pay off in spades.:sleep:
 
Roofmaster, glad to hear you are home!

When you start feeling awesome like i have this week, my 8th week post op, don't go gung ho on exercises. I started going gung ho with standing knee raises monday night and pulled something in my right front hip or I sprained something. Now I feel like a dummy as I am limping when I first get out of a chair and have to work it out! Learn from my mistakes!
 
Roofmaster glad to hear you are home!

I thought about you tonight when I went to pick up my pain meds at the pharmacy tonight. The Script was wrote for 90 tablets and the only filled 20, but they didn't explain to my daughter that the rest would be in tomorrow.

Take it easy and rest.
 
Thanks inthebeginning theres no place like home,but theres also no place like a hospital to shoot Dalauded into your IV at 2 in the morning when that post surgery ache keeps you awake.Still feels great to be home.
You know Goody2Shoes3 I learned my lesson the first hip what not to do.Today and for the next couple of days Im not doing much more than eating, sleeping,elev.,and bodily functioning.Its in my nature to overachieve but its also in my nature to do things right,learn from my mistakes,have no regrets and take sound advice,yours will be well taken,thank you.
Yeah bsilvers thats definately one piece of advice Im going to have to keep reminding myself.Thats how I got into trouble the 1st week of my 1st hip.I felt so good I way overdid it on day 5 and 6 postop and payed a minor but goal delaying setback.Thanks for that advice I'll be sure to keep reminding myself,maybe with some post its or a talisman of some sort.
sunsetbiking I'll bet at first you were thinking "oh boy here we go" getting all nervous.Im glad it worked out for you because I wouldnt want anyone to have to experience the powerlessness I felt with my prescription ordeal.You know they never resolved that,Ive heard nothimg of theyre " investigation " not even a phone call.Sucks,getting me angry all over again.Yesterday I did go to a smaller mom and pop pharmacy here in town.Be careful from now on.
Thank you very much anniemg,inshallah,god willing my recovery will be unevenful and complete.
Need food,and sleep.Peace.
 
Roofmaster I am so glad you are doing so well. My first hip is on Monday the 30th, and I'm anxious about it. Can't wait to have both of them done and start to feel better. I really can't walk any more, without the walker. Just too painful.

I hope I do as well as you have done!

Peace and love to you.
 
Congratulations you are home with your shiny hip #2 - I like your slow and steady approach :)
 
I learned my lesson the first hip what not to do.Today and for the next couple of days Im not doing much more than eating, sleeping,elev.,and bodily functioning.Its in my nature to overachieve but its also in my nature to do things right,learn from my mistakes,have no regrets.
Wow - the BoneSmart mantra - you are living it! Well done Roof! And please remember, you have had 2 major surgeries in a short space of time. Big time healing going on now. Enjoy some down time. This is a new beginning!
 
Sorry I'm very late on the welcome home front Roofmaster but I'll look forward to following your recovery
 
Hey Roof, you've been busy in a lot of other threads....how are you doing?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sorry people I tend not to focus on my thread.Im more interested in you guys than posting my trivialities.Im doing well thanks.I like to wait a few days when something of signifigance happens.When I was released from the hospital I felt kinda pressured into it.The first surgery went off without a hitch.Recovery was going well aside from an overambitious 1st week which I correctedThe second surgery started off well and I had the same room with the same window bed which I liked.I was treated just short of celebrity status by the staff who were all familiar with my initial success.Thats where the positives ended.Obviously my body was still recovering from the 1st surgery,although I felt strong going into the second one,and was in a good spot in my head my body reacted rather quickly after the spinal wore off.There was a lot more pain than # 1,I had a substantial amount of bleeding from the incision.Enough to cause basketball size stains in 3 bed pads.When the bleeding stopped a red tinted fluid was coming out for a day.When I got home I was feeling a bit less confident and went into that place in my head for a few days.The pain,the swelling and the regret of leaving the hospital a day early was taking its toll on my mind.I literally thought I was doing myself a favor by lying in bed for 3 days.Well Saturday morning I dragged my sorry butt up by my bootstraps,and crutches and said this is the day I begin my final recovery.I could barely walk to the bathroom Saturday morning.Walked the length of my driveway to the wifes car went to my sons a mile away and spent the day with family.That was what I needed.Its difficult to focus on youre own problems when the world is about to end because Penelope has a green crayon and her twin sister Piper doesnt.Oh boy.They helped me walk several laps around the trampoline.Sunday was more of the same except we graduated to circuits up and down the dead end road they live on.We also stretched and did stationary exercises.Throughout the day did about 4 circuits of about 75 yards.This morning Ive already paralleled that and will repeat again later.The mind is where you lose it.The body has amazing recuperative abilities,if the mind lets it.Ok people lets rock and roll.Peace out.
 
I definately did not type the word donkey.There must be a moderator who objects to the word butt.See there it is again.I definately did not type theres a moderator who doesnt like the word donkey.Who wouldnt like the word donkey.
 
Donkey!

Dude, you're close when you said the mind is where you lose it. Turn that brain upside down, the mind is where you win it!

You've been here before. You can and will do this. Don't try to kill it but it sounds like you took some steps the right direction this past weekend!

You're doing great! Don't sell yourself short.
 
sounds like you are back on track roofmaster! keep on movin

and i hear ya with family, it just makes ya see things in a much
better light when they are around. keeps you up off your sorry a$$!!

here's a pic of the little guy yesterday while they were visiting:
ok, so tried to pick one picture to post but can't, so here's a couple:
[Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one

[Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one

[Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one
 
Ahhhhh...Lake George! Lived in Albany for a spell, loved going up to the lake and Saratoga for the races!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom