THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Roofmaster , Sounds like you are doing well . I'm happy for you . I 've been out doing stuff ,back in the gym and doing pt for my knee and new hip . knee is coming along good and the hip is doing great .I'm hoping to return to work in Nov. and working on getting strong for my nov doc apt . The sooner I get back the sooner I'll be able to get the other one done . Get well, seamoose
 
Roofmaster. It sounds like you have been through a lot but I love your positive attitude...well done

cnydutch. Cute kid!!!!!
 
Thanks seamoose Im doing better.This time around is a little more challenging.Went into the 1st surgery strong healthy and positive.I thought I went into the 2nd one the same but Im thinking the body was still in recovery mode then got hit by a truck with the second surgery so reacted a little slower on recovering.All seems to be going as planned now.Slow and steady wins the race.Peace brother.
 
Yes Vetgirl been through a lot but no more than any one of us.Thanks for your kindness.Have no choice but to stay positive,I have the world watching.My sons,grandchildren,wife,coworkers and all of you.I promise to persevere and excell to the ens.Peace.
 
Roofmaster, how is your pain level now? How much more pain was your second surgery than your first? I wonder why that is or you think that since you still recovering from your first the pain is compounded? How are you doing on walking now as far as your progress from Saturday as you stated you had some difficulty just getting to the bathroom?
 
bsilvers Im doing much better than Saturday.Yesterday I was up to walking a half a block twice.Today I already completed a full block going back out later to repeat.The pain has gone down considerably.I think yes I was still in recovery mode then hitting the pelvic region with 2nd surgery was overwhelming.Things are much brighte today than they were just 4 days ago.I think you can over rest which is what I did when released.I layed in bed from Wed. evening till Sat. morning thinking thats what I needed.I think I was wrong because once I got things moving things have progressed rather rapidly.A body in motion tends to stay in motion I ghess.This has been an exercise in trial and error for me since day one as I had no physical therapy to go to.Im trying to use what I already know about the body,nutrition and some common sense.Plus bonesmarts collective experiences.Since I dragged my but up out of bed Saturday Ive seen measured improvements daily..Gotta go stretch now.
 
Oh yeah the pain level from the moment the spinal wore off till probably Sunday afternoon was way worse than the 1st time around.At this point though things are feeling much better and about on par with the 1st surgery.
 
Dude. You. Rock.

Sounds like you are getting your feet back under you! Great news! Keep it up and don't overdo.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Saturday I could barely walk to the bathroom.By Sat. night I walked the length of my driveway past my truck several times.Sunday walked the length of my sons dead end street several times,about 75 yards,Monday walked a half a block in my hood a couple of times throughout the day.Yesterday I walked 2 full blocks throughout the day.Today Ive already walked 3 blocks with one scheduled for later.All these walks interspersed with PT exercises,stretching,eating and resting.Plus lifes activities,food shopping yesterday etc.Also todays "milestone" for me was having the last set of staples removed at 1:30 this afternoon officially sealing the solution to my ( insert adjective here...debilitating,degenerative,excrutiatingly painful etc.)...hip osteo arthritus.Slow and steady wins the race.AWESOME.Peace.
 
The therapist twins and I on break.
[Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one
 
That didnt work,let me try again.The therapist twins and I on break. [Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one
 
Wow Roofmaster. What cute therapists!!! :wink: :wink:

I totally agree with you that moving is great once your pain is under control....nice to see you doing so well. :yay: :yay: :yay:
 
Way to go Roofmaster. Looking pretty good with your team! It's so nice to be able to get out and enjoy the world outside!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Yes @inthebeggining we live outside,only go in to sleep.Wouldnt have it any other way.Hey cnydutch how you doin guy?Havent heard from you in a while.A lot of water has passed under the bridge since Ive heard fom ya.Ya these girls are quite unforgiving,they dont know I cant quite yet do all the things they can do and theyre 4.Im trying to keep up though.Peace. [Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one
 
Roofmaster, we are outside a lot too! Every once in a while we have to take it inside!

[Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one


I'm doing the same. Getting stronger every day! I think the weather change here the pant few days gave me some extra aches leading to a 'rough' sleep last night. Still better than a few weeks ago, so there's no complaining here!

You have a great looking team there! I have a number of years until I can claim any grand kids :) my oldest is still just 10.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Yeah @inthebegining I still have a tough time getting a good nights sleep but like you said I feel way better than a few weeks ago.Now its the occasional ache or pain from moving the wrong way or working to hard.Most of the time barely perceptable.Back then,6 weeks ago it was 24-7 agony.It all seems to good to be true.When do I wake up and find this has all been just a dream and Im still living with the nightmare of osteo arthritus?And to think my personal physician and I discussed hip replacement 6 years ago and I was like " no that aint for me " to think of all the time I lost.
Its funny this left hip surgery got off to a bad start but since I got out of bed last Saturday its progressed more rapidly than the right one.Ive already ditched the crutches for a cane,did that 2 days ago.
The twins in the picture are the youngest of my Grandkids.I have 8 altogether,5 girls and 3 boys.The twins are the most enthusiastic in my recovery.My oldest grandaughter Paige is 13.Hey have a good night,hope you sleep better.Peace.
 
Roofmaster You seem to be doing great! Just don't overdo it, so many of us are tempted to go mad when we lose that dreadful bone-on-bone pain and forget we've just had major surgery (and you have had the double whammy!)
Your therapists are lovely, I just hope they don't talk as much as my 5yr-old grandaughter - when she goes quiet, she has gone to sleep! The young ones do keep you going, 3 boys (ages 10,9 and 1) as well, and now a grandpuppy to take for walks too when I am doing the school run:puppysmooze: as there is a park and playground opposite the school.
Look after yourself - our families need us grandparents!
Anne
 
Thanks Nannyannie.These grandchildren are my driving force.Especially the girls.I raised 3 sons and always wanted a girl.Now that I have 5 of them and the oldest is 13 going on 20 Im second guessing what I wished for.Not really,but I do worry about the girls more than I ever worried about my sons.And talking girls,my god the twins are in perpetual competition and it doesnt end at talking.My grandsons are the question factories though.You know at the deepest depths of my depravity,on the coldest or hottest days at work,the most painful moments in the middle of the night,when life buckles my legs,I see they're little faces and I know life on this planet for them will be easier with me there next to them.Peace on Earth is all I ask for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom