THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did you make some calls? Seriously -- what happened to you is a very BIG DEAL. They STOLE your RX opioid pain meds from you. Somebody is probably selling them on the street right now. And, they'll do this to somebody else, you know they will. A pharmacy around here got in a whole pile of trouble because someone working in the pharmacy department was shorting prescriptions a few pills and selling them on the side. Over time, a few pills from a few people adds up to a lotta pills and some pharmacy tech is making a whole buncha money off the suffering of others. How LOW can some people go??
 
Im not sure what Im going to do about my stolen script.I know what I want to do.TACTICAL.But in all seriousness what power do I have?What can I do?The reality is Ive been taken advantage of and stolen from and thats what angers me the most.The prescription was for 30,10 mg. Oxycodone for breakthrough pain,mainly in the middle of the night and after PT.Thankfully I havnt had any real pain that required them but thats not the point,its the principle.And it has affected my PT as I now find myself not so willing to push myself for fear of not having that security of knowing I have them for relief.Im telling ya Im obsessing about this so I may just have to let it go because if I push the case and get no retribution Im the kind of guy who will plot and scheme revenge and I dont want to go down that road.I just wish there was something I could do and get some tangible results cuz I would do it.Oh my god its driving me crazy.
 
Believe me, if you complain to the Board of Pharmacy and the DEA in your state, and the police, they will surely respond and investigate. The DEA has to investigate stuff like that, as does the Board of Pharmacy for your state. I would also call the corporate HQ of CVS. They do not want to risk their pharmacy license. The DEA is cracking down on abuse of pain meds like crazy, and this is pure outright theft!!! And it had to be someone in the pharmacy department. At least call the Board of Pharmacy. I'd find you the number if I knew what state you were in. It isn't right they get away with it. Did you tell your doctor's office?
 
That is appalling, what was the result of the study of the backup from the in store cameras?
 
When I left the store the" security woman " was reviewing the tapes.I sat there for 45 minutes while she was "reviewing the tapes " and left the store enraged but under control because noone was even acknowledging any thing to me.That was 3 days ago.The Pharmacist in charge took my phone number and assured me she would investigate..I felt she was just paying me lip service
Today I will return to the store and follow up and ask for superiors phone numbers and maybe make threats about going to the police and maybe the news.Ive been filling prescriptions at this store for 6 years.Morphine since my hip arthritus started getting bad and never had an issue.Honestly like I said the more I press this,which I know is the right thing to do,the more Im going to want retribution.Im just afraid of what I might do if I invest myself fully and nothing happens.
 
Roofmaster I somewhat understand your hesitation about going down this path. I have had to work through feelings like that but for a different reason. Now I am at the point that I do not allow myself to be imprisoned by “reacting”.
You have had some good advice in terms of actions to consider but choosing not to act is also a valid choice. This is an emotionally charged situation which you have done well to handle in a self controlled fashion ....... there is nothing wrong with making the choice to let it go in order to protect yourself. You will be out the money and would have to have a conversation with a doctor who doesn’t know you well. If it was me I might take someone credible with me for that conversation. True that the person will get away with it but they likely will anyway. Chances are that they know about the cameras and aren’t stupid enough to let themselves be filmed. The film will show the pills going into the bottle.
I am not suggesting you should do one or the other.......just presenting the other side as a valid option in an outrageously unfair situation.
 
Goody2Shoes3 I agree with you that choosing not to react is a valid decision in Roofmaster's situation. I just hate to see people get taken advantage of and hurt by the actions of others.

What did you do in order to get the the place where you "do not allow yourself to be imprisoned by reacting" and what exactly does that mean? I'd like to get to a place where what others say or do does not always impact me so strongly, but I haven't been able to manage it very well. My issue isn't anger type reacting, but rather internalizing things I should not internalize, as in buying into others' opinions or criticisms as though they were true, even though I may know they are not.

Peace and love to you.
 
Roofmaster, do let us know how it goes when you go back to the pharmacy...

Remember the old saying.. You catch more bees with honey... Cool, calm and collected and most of all in control.... Gets them every time good luck :)
 
Update on the great CVS Pharmacy caper.I went back to the store yesterday and spoke with the " head of security " and she said all the security tapes checked out,ya no kidding,and presented me with zero options although she said it was still under investigation as they take this stuff seriously.Ok so Im standing there and there are literally 6 girls behind the counter filling prescriptions and a woman head of security.Im not a chauvanist nor a masoganist but I felt as though all these women were covering for each other and patronizing.From the first day I brought back the empty bottle not one of them appeared sympathetic or offered any appology.So I asked for superiors phone numbers and was given a managers and loss prevention numbers.I went out to my truck and called both and left massages briefly outlining the situation.The manager returned my call and appeared to be genuinely sympathetic to my cause and was apologetic.Again he said they take the potential theft of narcotics seriously and he was doing all he could,blah blah blah.I thanked him for being a little more human and told him that was as far as I was willing to take this.I see the writing on the wall,as far as Im concerned Im done with this and that store.I will pursue this no further and lesson learned,open your prescription before leaving the pharmacy and check.As far as calling my doctor for a new script,no Im all set.I still have some of my time released morphines if I need them.Besides I think I can tough it out from here.Yesterday I was walking pain free on operated side with a cane and was actually walking a lot without my cane,pain free on operated side.The left unoperated hip is still killing me.You know whats the most awesome part of this whole ordeal so far.My twin grandaughters are 4 years old and Ive never gone for a walk with them.Now every day I go to my sons house and as soon as they see me pulling in they run over and say " Ready to go for a walk Pa so we can help you get better? " and we walk and stretch and do all my PT exercises together.I call them my little physical therapists .If that isnt food for the soul.Its so awesome watching them participate in my recovery.Theyre beautiful and I love them more than life.Makes all this pain worth it.Peace on earth,except at CVS Pharmacy.
 
Dear roof master,
Same thing happened to me at a c.v.s in mass. I was missing 10 Percocet from a script of 30.
My husband went back in & got treated like a drug dealer.
Do you know they count the opiod's every night ?
The next day we got a call from them to pick up the missing meds. Not a sorry sir or anything for that matter.
Do not let this go.....keep on them....someone in the pharmacy is selling on the street & must be stopped.
This is a federal offense....
Don't leave the store until you ave your prescription filled. Ridiculous..?
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Bravo Roofmaster. I think you handled the situation the very best that could be expected in the situation and you are keeping your focus on what's important... your beautiful grandaughters. Don't dwell on it any longer because that is like a tire spinning in a rut making a bigger and bigger hole. They might have your oxycontin but they don't have you a prisoner of your emotions.
new knee in June Sorry to hear you went through a similar situation and i can understand your desire for justice to be served. Once the pharmacist and manager have been informed it is their job to do the follow through. As customers there is a limit to what we can do within the law.
 
Roofmaster I can completely identify with the grandchild part. The ones nearby are always offering to help me do things and keep commenting on the fact I'm part robot. They are 2 and 4. With my first hip replacement, the little guy was 3 and when I was on the floor, showing my daughter I could finally do a straight leg lift (took quite a while after surgery), the three year old said "That's nothing, look at what I can do!" and proceeded to throw both of his legs behind his head and touch the floor with both toes. Little smarty pants!

The CVS people at that pharmacy should remember how many people you can tell about your experience and do a bit more. Your story certainly would not inspire your friends' and neighbors' confidence in them.
 
Roofmaster I hope I didn't upset you by pushing you to do more. I didn't mean to. You have to do what you think is best for you, of course.

I have learned a good lesson from this, though -- from now on I will look at my prescriptions -- maybe even count them, before I leave the pharmacy area.

It sounds lijke you are doing well. I'm so glad. Have you had any trouble with everyday th ings, like fixing something to eat, etc? I can't wait to feel better, even though I am really scared. Your progress gives me hope! Have you decided whether to move right away or not?

Peace and love to you.
 
HI Butterfly . You asked me...
What did you do in order to get the the place where you "do not allow yourself to be imprisoned by reacting" and what exactly does that mean?
What I mean by that is that people or situations can trigger emotional reactions in us. Sometimes they are not healthy reactions for various reasons eg they take up too much of our thoughts or cause us to be distracted or tie our stomach in a knot. Sometimes it is hard to forgive something that another person has done to us and that holds us prisoner because we harbour resentment. We suffer, not the person who hurt us.
How did i get to this place? I think by recognising that forgiveness is a gift I gave myself not the person who wronged me. I also read and gave some thought to The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. These are agreements that you make with yourself 1. Be impeccable with your word, using the power of your words in the direction of truth and love, 2. Don't take anything personally 3. Don't make assumptions 4. Always do your best.

They aren't something that I ever go around purposefully trying to follow but they did give me some insight and there are times as i go about my day, that words from the book come back to me and have helped me avoid getting tangled up in something. It might be for example that I need to avoid taking something personally because I believe i know what someone is thinking but it is just an assumption. If you google the book you will find more on it.

The other thing I did is recognise who I live for. The work i do each day is with the strength I have been given by my Creator and that is the only person to whom I rise or fall . So instead of feeling angry because a person I had a contract with decided to dump all their responsibilities on me, I remember that each day I live, I will take on the responsibilities I have irregardless of how I aquired them and I will do them to the best of my ability
 
Roofmaster, I'm glad you found a solution you can live with and you've put it behind you. I stopped by your thread because I thought about you today as I was picking up my prescription of Oxy for my upcoming surgery. If it wasn't illegal I'd send you a few. :heehee:

Today the pharmacist handed me my bottle and said check to make sure it's the right prescription, then she took it back and put it in the bag. I swiped my card to check out and she out the receipt in the bag. You DO know that I opened that bag back up touched the pill bottle and shook it! lol Going to the pharmacy will never be the same for me after hearing your saga.

I forgot to count them though when I got home, :doh: let me go do that now. :yes:
 
Roofmaster.... I am so shocked, but I am pleased that your little physiotherapists are looking after you, helping you recover and keep your sense of humor.. Hard to keep in that situation though.

Sounds like you are doing very well with your daily walks :)
 
Thanks everyone for your advice and support.Ive decided on my end to just let it go.Its a relief to know I have the power to not let this consume me.Im with my little physiotherapists now,gotta run,er ah I mean walk.Peace.
 
Roofmaster, I feel that leaving reviews on their facebook page, yelp.com , and any other sites that has the stores business listings that allow you to leave reviews, especially submitting your story to ripoffreport.com to be very beneficial as you can find other people that had problems with that store. That kind of reviews shows up in searches and is indexed at the top of the search engines. I did that to a contractor that ripped me off for $10K and I ruined his name. You can't do a we search on him and all my stuff comes up on the first 2 pages.. It's greatness.
 
Roofmaster My friend told her young nephews that she was part robot now and they thought that was really cool. Being girls tho' I'm not sure how your two little P.T.'s would react to that news.:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom