THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow @Roofmaster
you're nuts to be up on those snowy/icy roofs this time of year!
ever thought of taking up building ginger bread houses in winter time?
safe, warm, and you are an expert at roofing you could do a
great job i'm sure!!
lol
great pic of the kids!
thanks for the update!
roof on my man
:cheers:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one snowy week at work. [Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one
 
@Roofmaster - Wow, you are one crazy guy! I can't take heights, but heights in the snow :thud:! Take is easy my friend!
 
@Roofmaster Hey, Roof, be careful not to fall!!! Glad you're doing OK. I'm coming along -- got a bit sidetracked with a back issue, but it is starting to look up. Slow, but steady (fingers crossed and touching wood) improvement. I'll be back on that bike by spring. I don't know how you cope with all that nasty snow and cold!

Love,

Milli
 
Hey @Roofmaster glad to see nothing is slowing you down. I can't even imagine living in snow let alone roofing in it.

Great to see your hips at work....lol
 
Hi everyone.Yeah lovin life.Its almost to good to be true.Constant vigilance at work.Safety is no accident.At work now.I try to write but forget.Sorry. [Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one
 
You really get up on the roof and do this in the snow? My word....
 
Well its been a little over a year now, August 2013 right hip replacement, Sept. 2013 left hip replacement.Went back to work roofing 5 weeks after left hip surgery.Was a little nervous at first but was also careful and listened to my body.Now a year later and things seem to be going fine.Still roofing and spending all my spare time with my family.I do have some days where I'm sore and tired but whatever, I am 49 and get up on a roof every day.One thing I have not experienced is the forgotten hip, my hips are still on my mind every day.Not because of pain at all but now its kinda an anxiety about wearing them out so I'm probably overthinking it.Having those surgeries was the best gift I could've given myself and my family and friends.It truly is a miracle of science.Peace.
 
Wow you really skated through this recovery! Great undate @Roofmaster !
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You've got a great story @Roofmaster !
Glad you and your family are enjoying the benefits of the replacement hips.
I hope to one day have a forgotten hip, and totally understand where you are coming from.
I wish you continued good days ahead.
We have to get our boathouse roof replaced. I will wonder if any of my roofers will have bionic hips or knees? :heehee:
 
Wow! Enjoy your life - it's like a new man up there!
Best wishes Anne
 
Ha ha @Jaycey yeah "skated" through.Funny that's one risk I'll avoid, skating, that ice is hard when you land on your hip.Kinda sucks a little, we're a skating family.Its all good though, plenty of other winter stuff to do.
Hi @MajorHeidi diggin that new hip you got there
aren't ya?Kiinda gives you a different view of living.Good luck with your new life, hope you and your family put it to good use.Careful around those roofers they tend to be jerks lol.If one of em ain't bionic yet will be someday.Although from my experience I don't know another roofer with any new parts except myself.Matter of fact I don't know and have never known a 49 year old roofer, that still roofs.Goes to show how stupid "I" am.Hey have fun, enjoy the hip.
Hi @Nannyannie ,how's life in the UK? Is that left hip taking care of you? It seems like just yesterday when you started helping me with my horrible hips with kind words and comfort.Thank you.And a peaceful pain free life to you all.
 
Hey @Roofmaster , good to hear from you!
i need a roof done, want to do a roadtrip? I'll help!

just an update on skating, we now have 2 of us old guys
that play twice a week with 2 new hips, and one other guy
that just has 1 replacement. yea, the ice is hard, and i fall
down quite a bit, but no harm done (yet). you outta give
it a try, even if just to coach or run around with the kids!

take care!
:cheers:
 
Pretty impressive recovery, I'd say! Quite frankly, I think you need to stop worrying about wearing out your hips. They'll likely perform for you for 20-plus years or more. Better to put your thoughts to more fun things in life!! I think you're wise to pay attention to your body. And, I also think that even without hip replacements you might have those aches and pains some days. Life's like that. So just enjoy each day to the fullest and smile. You've DONE IT!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom