THR Roofmaster's new hips, part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is even better than i would have thought you'd be doing :spin: I imagine your family is thrilled to see you up walking and not in pain.
Oh yes......the flowers :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: Happy recovery!
 
Welcome to recovery, Roofmaster!!! It sounds like you're doing just fine with this first hip.

I've merged your two recovery threads together. We like to keep each members' updates, questions and concerns in a single thread. It tells your story much better that way....plus it makes it so much easier to go back through your posts if needed when you have a question. So.....please post here in this thread unless you have a question of a general nature not related to your own recovery.

If you decide you'd like a different thread title as you go along, just post what you'd like and we'll get it changed for you.
 
Roofmaster Congratulations! I wrote to you earlier, but I don't see the post so maybe I put it in the wrong place. Anyway, good to hear from you and that you are doing well. Thanks for the reassurance about the spinal. Hope your pain is well managed and and you get sprung from the hospital soon!

Peace and love to you.
 
Roofmaster WOW! You are doing great and you give me great hope!! Glad to hear the other hip is feeling better, too. Can't BELIEVE you are walking all over the hospital and even doing stairs when your op was only yesterday. Wonderful! You had the posterior approach, no? That's what I'm going to have and it is good to hear you are doing so well. 'Course, you are a lot younger than I, and probably in a lot better shape, but still gives me hope that I'll do well, too!
 
See Roofmaster before it was us reinforcing you can do attitude and now after the first one you are encourging butterfly. Glad to hear the first one went well. Peace be with you.
 
Hey Roofmaster , Sounds like you are doing great with the new hip . I'm going tomorrow for mine . I hope it goes as well as yours. Hope you get back home soon .
 
Roofmaster, Congratulations on your new hip. You sound wonderful. Keep on top of your meds and ice...ice..ice...Give in to all the naps....Take care.
 
Hi everyone.@Butterrfly your going to be just fine.Yes I had the posterior like your going to have.I was pretty prepared for my surgery but never the less I started feeling a little apprahensive the day before and the morning of surgery but the friends I made here including yourself helped walk me through it.To be honest the worst part for me was the IV needle the anesthesiologist gave me before surgery.And that wasnt bad once it was done.I have a way of working myself into a crenzy whenever I so much as see a needle and now Im giving myself shots every morning of anti blood clot stuff.I was given ma.y options by the anasthesiologist from eing cully awake (mental patient option) to being completely out of it.The option I chose.So aside from the slight pinch of his needle I didnt feel or remember a thing after they wheeled me into the OR.It seemed like ten seconds later I was waking up in recovery.The 1st day I experienced quite a bit of pain but it was no worse than the pain I had the day before surgery so it was actually like a normal say for me.Your going to breeze through this seriously.Then all you have to look forward to is improving.Its an awesome feeling knowing there is an end in sight.randy62 Rangers lead the way hoorah.One more day seamoose and your up.Then you can confirm what Ive said.My Doc came in to change my bandage this morning and offered me the opportunity to go home today.I opted to stay in the "hotel" one more night.We also discussed getting the ball rolling on the left hip and it looks like 4 weeks out.I feel reborn.Peace.
 
Wow Roofmaster! You are really on your way! Seeing the benefits of this surgery already - well done!
 
Good idea to take the extra day. I did the same and it was helpful. Be sure you have the meds working properly before you leave. You'll need them at home where you will be doing more. Glad you are well.
 
Roofmaster. Guess you are "home" now wherever that is for the time being. I hope that is working out okay. You have been pretty quiet since Wednesday. You wouldn't be sneaking around helping your family move furniture now would you? :heehee:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Roofmaster's new hips, part one
Roofmaster, and welcome to the "other side" and the wonderful world of recovery!!! Glad to hear things are going so well and that you'll be home soon. Just follow those BoneSmart mantras!!!! Don't let yourself get over zealous and do too much----the hip will make you pay :heehee:! One down, one to go!!!! Gosh, there'll be no stopping you when you get that second new hip.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Hi everyone.Sorry I havnt posted in a couple of days.No Goody2Shoes3 I have not been moving things,even as good as I feel that would not be possible.I will not abuse this second chance Ive been given.95% of my stuff is in storage and what I have here is just stuff to keep me entertained during recovery.Art stuff,couple of guitars,video games and books.I have a couple of days before I either move out and bounce around or pay another months rent and take advantage of the comfort here for recovery.I am seriously considering the latter.Felt really good today.Went for 2 walks for a total of about a half mile.Gonna push a little bit more each day.Im still useing crutches but theyre really a technicality for a little support.Felt great when my grandaughter said to me yesterday "Pa you look so much taller now" that was awesome cuz I feel so much taller.This is crazy,almost to good to be true.I have to keep poking my incision to make sure Im awake and this isnt some dream.I love my new hip.Im even sleeping a bit better.Goodnight all.Peace.
 
Roofmaster so glad you doing well but please don't push this recovery. It really doesn't pay to try harder everyday. Better to take the slow and steady route. Still very early days!
 
Your last post put a smile on my face Roofmaster. With your attitude, resilience and surgeon's skill you are doing amazingly well....... outstanding in fact. For your next surgery you will be able to have 110% confidence in his ability to do the job well. As far as sleeping goes, that will probably improve even more down the road because a common complaint after hip surgery is insomnia relating to the pain meds.
Well I have my PT assessment on Tuesday at the orthopedic hospital where I will have surgery. The wheels turn much more slowly here in Canada with our healthcare system. Next I am assigned to a surgeon who has a wait list of between 4 months and a year depending which one i want to go with. I could hang in there for awhile.... I walk with a limp and have trouble lifting my leg but the pain isn't like what you experienced. I do have severe muscle wasting in my left leg though. I think it is possible that this has gone on for many many years being misdiagnosed as "back" until x rays were taken.
Well enjoy another beautiful day with your new hip......every day a little bit stronger. I noticed our friend seamoose is home from surgery. If you are looking for him, he posted on his "old" thread last night.
 
Well I have my PT assessment on Tuesday at the orthopedic hospital where I will have surgery. The wheels turn much more slowly here in Canada with our healthcare system. Next I am assigned to a surgeon who has a wait list of between 4 months and a year depending which one i want to go with. I could hang in there for awhile....​
Wow Goody2Shoes3, I can't imagine having to be in "wait mode" all that time. Last November 2012 is when my pain got to be intense and I didn't have surgery till the end of March 2013. I have scheduled my 2nd hip replacement for the end of October 2013, because I knew I could not make it thru another winter with the kind of pain I experienced last year.
I truly hope you don't have to wait another 4 months to a yr for your surgery. Take care.
Annie
 
Wow Goody2Shoes3 Canadas health care system seems a lot more convoluted thanI would have expected.Im sorry to hear you have so many obstacles.Dont downplay your pain.Our pain is probably similar if you take into consideration age,gender and tolerance.Im not saying mine is worse or yours is less.I am saying Im sorry your feeling any pain at all and hope you get the help you need as soon as possible.Pain sucks no matter what level it is.Its all relative.Ya my pain pre-op for me was a 100 on a scale from 1 to 10 but I remember when this all started and the pain was a 5 it sucked.The last thing I would want for anyone to have to go through is waiting around while the pain progresses.Been there done that.No matter your pain level its to much.Hope your THR is expediated.Makes me feel bad.Peace
 
@RoofmastWould you please put your surgery date in your signature, as well as what surgery you had (i.e., LTKR, RTHR) like the rest of us do? You can find the instructions here: How to create a signature. But please also remember that our membership is international and for clarity use the International Date system being Jan. 10, 2013 or 10 Jan. 2013 rather than 1/10/13 or 10/1/13. Thanks so much for your cooperation.​
​
​
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom