Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right TKR is done

Thank you @GingerP. I too was told the same thing about the nerve on #1, and I'm sure it will be the same for #2, but thankfully it was okay. I hope it will all work out for you as well. Like you said, you have been through an awful lot with #1, so I hope and pray that you have an uneventful recovery with #2, and be walking with 2 straight legs!
 
We're getting close, @GingerP. I wish it would be this Monday instead of the 15th. I'm ready to get it done.
 
@MSgirl - it will be here in just 10 days! I had to put off my date from this coming Monday to the 15th because my son was flying for a long weekend in NJ and the surgeon does knees on Monday - so, the 15th it is, but with the winter storm they got there, he ended up having his flight cancelled and since it was a pleasure trip decided to go later. Sometimes things just work that way.
My knee has been more achy lately. Don't know if it realizes it's time like it is, is short and maybe it wants to make sure I get that extra dose of pain before surgery! Ha!
Next week I need to get my inventory lined up sonce I will be alone after my son goes back home, need to get the cupboards ready until I'm able to drive.
Take care all.
 
@GingerP, our knees do seem to know that their time on earth is limited! Mine is giving me gasps frequently. Aren't you having some really cold weather? Has that made your knee hurt more?

I had hoped to be first on the 15th since I knew my caffeine cravings would be going crazy. Today the dr.'s office called to say my case would be later due to a diabetic patient needing to go first, or I could wait till the next day and be first. I'm psyched and ready so I'll probably go ahead on the 15th. I've cooked and frozen so much food that I'm almost out of space. We will probably never want spaghetti, gumbo or red beans again! I still need to get some pot pies.

Almost time to start setting up our nests...
 
Greetings all,
I have been through the wringer here these past 2 days! Had a 2 day stress test on Tuesday and Wednesday and they called after it yesterday and said that they saw abnormalities in the stress test results and sent me to see a cardiologist today! It was up to the cardiologist if I can have my tkr on Monday. Imagine the stress that is!!
Well, he was a very nice fellow and took his time explaining what they saw. It was Left Branch Bundle Block meaning that the electric charge in my heart wasn't working just right. They told me that yesterday at the stress test so I of course did some research on the internet. It could mean a pacemaker and who knows all, so of course I wasn't expecting that he would ok me for surgery.
Of course the weather was playing a role in life today - warm morning with falling temps and ice, rain, sleet, snow and whatever else expected about the time I was to be at the appt. Geez.
So long story short, he felt it was a "false" result, couldn't be 100% certain without heart catherization and knows that I need the knee replaced, so gave me the big 'OK' to have my surgery on Monday. I am on a medication though to be certain there isn't something amiss with me. I can handle a pill, as long as I don't have to postpone my surgery. :yes!:
It was a white knuckle drive home with ice apparent along the road and even on the 4 lane, traffic was barely 50 mph. Now, huge snowflakes are coming down. I have had to postpone my hospital pre-op appt 2 times and go tomorrow over the noon hour. Also, was to get a perm today and hair dresser says she will do it tomorrow, she is headed home. Good thing there is 24 hours in a day because it's not easy working through all these things pre-surgery.
I have been waiting since Feb last year to get this knee done because of all the things I had happen with my left tkr, I sure hope I can finally have an uneventful surgery. I'm ready for some 'down' time. With the mental anguish I've had the past few days, do you think I will be ready for post surgery? I'm thinking I will.
Lots of love to you all....in just a few more days! :yahoo:
 
Well, they had to postpone my surgery till the 16th. I was supposed to be first but they had a diabetic patient who needed my slot. So your second knee will be a day older than mine. All the best at your surgery. I'm glad the heart issues will not prevent you from getting your other knee. We'll have to catch up on the other side!
 
Look at you! Not even a heart block can stop you from getting that knee replaced! Seriously, though, the cardiologist knows what he's doing, so it's safe. And getting your knee replaced is the one best thing modern medicine can do for you right now. You will be rid of the pain and soon you will be much more active. That's all to the good. You've been through so much! You deserve only good things happening from now on. :friends:
 
You sure have had a busy few days, :tiredwheel: be careful on those slippery surfaces, glad the cardiologist didn't put a hold on your surgery. It's going to be a busy week next week for a lot of us.
 
Thank God your heart problem is minor and won't keep you from your surgery! Everything is falling into place! Even if you are having a never a dull moment!
 
@jboles, SusieShoes, sistersinhim, MSgirl , thank you all for those positive comments. I DO appreciate the support from this site. We all 'get' what it's like to go through things with our tkr.
I have a few more things checked off my 'to do' list pre-Monday so that's good. Finally sinking in that truly this knee is going to see the surgeon.
It's cold here today, but the sun is out so that helps with the mood too! Have a great weekend all....
 
You, too, have a great weekend, sweet lady! Your future is looking so much better!
 
Best wishes and prayers to you both, GingerP and MSgirl. I'm right there with you, I'm Monday the 15th, second TKR (left).
 
And to you, @amymj and @GingerP. Since I was moved to Tuesday, I'll be sending all my positive thoughts your way on Monday. I think we're all on #2 so I guess we know what to expect. And next Saturday night, we'll be on the road to recovery. Bless you! Ann
 
@jboles, it looks like we have quite a girl group going on next week! You will be in my prayers next week, too.

I have had an idea for rehab that some drs. are missing the boat on. What would you, @GingerP and @amymj, think about a rehab facility on an island somewhere? We could lay out by the pool, have massages and facials, and snap our fingers to ask Julio to bring us a margarita. Oh, and ice and elevate, of course! I think I'd be tempted. Gotta laugh, don't we?
 
Best of luck to you tomorrow! We'll be watching for you to post your status when you're feeling up to it. Glad the heart dr. gave you the go ahead! Wishing I was with you all doing my 2nd knee in Jan. but hopefully I'll be here in the fall/going into winter.
 
Best of luck tomorrow. Try to get some sleep tonight. Will be watching for your post after surgery.
 
@MSgirl, I thoroughly enjoyed your idea of rehab. We are in the midst of a cold spell expecting up to 3 inches of snow tonight. Do you suppose a blizzard could stop my knee surgery?
Last night I was having difficulty getting to sleep - kind of in denial that I'm actually going to have this surgery....it's been so long coming!
It should be all over in 24 hours. I will be in touch once I have it done. Thank you all and good luck to my tkr buddies tomorrow @jboles, @MSgirl , @amymj - prayers for your upcoming surgery!
 
yes, ladies! so comforting to have this site! Bless you all! I'm in Iowa, getting some snow today and tonight (my favorite!). I could definitely go for the facial and relaxation! I'm first tomorrow which is unusual because my previous knee and my hip I was last for the day. I hope that means only two nights in the hospital rather than three! I'll keep you all posted!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom