Guest viewing is limited

TKR Right TKR is done

Wow what an amazing, roller coaster journey you have had. I admire your courage and hope that you continue to post the rest of your journey now that you have finally acquired your rtkr. You have enormous strength and perseverance. I will keep looking for your posts.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@amrn46 and @sistersinhim and all other tkr patients healing, I pray your day is going well for you. Happy Friday -already!!
I got through my first night at home in my own bed......ahhhh. only up once in the night for bathroom and meds and successfully did so on my own.
I've got my toes above my nose, ice, tv remote and pain meds at hand. Life is good.
Wishing you all a great day! Sending healing goid thoughts!
 
Have a restful and blessed day! Get lots of sleep!
 
There's a lot to be said for a surgeon's approach to the patient. You've found a compassionate and knowing surgeon, and that's made all a big difference. I really respect the way you kept looking until you found this one!
 
@GingerP,
I am thrilled for you! And your bend is fantastic. You are doing everything right. I hope you have a good day and continued good recovery.
Keep on keeping on!
 
Today was my first pt session at the hospital after going home. I got in the car to go with my son eas
 
Easier than I thought. They did measure my bend at 91 and straight leg at 11. So there is work to do!
I know that part of my straight leg problem is the large bruise in the crease of my leg, but not to terrible foe a week out.
My biggest issue is the need for a bm. I have been taking lots to get some action, but to little avail. Finally, this afternoon I was able to get some out which helped a lot. Amazing how much different it makes you feel to have a bm. :)
I have 2 more therapy sessions this week and my son is headed home in the morning so I'm on my own soon. I have been doing well getting into bed on my own and the shower went better today, so I think little by little I should be ok.
I will have the taxi get me for pt and the fridge is full and set, so I should be ok for a while.
Thing is I seem to fall asleep pretty easy even watching TV programs I enjoy. Guess that isn't all bad, since rest is good too.
We had a lot of rain today, which for Wisconsin is very odd in January. Warm weather is nice, but I'm always leary of ice!
Wishing all my dear tkr friends a good night of rest and healing thoughts.
 
Be careful with that “work to do”. You are just days out of surgery. Your leg will relax and straighten as you heal.

I’m glad you’re doing well.
 
I’m glad to hear you’re doing well, Ginger! Yes, falling asleep mid tv show or mid conversation was typical for me too. Miralax helped me a lot, it was still unpleasant, but got things moving. Don’t worry about your numbers right now, you know they’ll come when the swelling diminishes.
 
Good to hear from you, Ginger! Nice to have your son home I bet. Sounds like you are doing well! Where are you in WI? My son is at the U of MN and they got whallopes with snow today! Rest well!
 
@GingerP, I was starting to get worried about the lack of bowel action too. Yesterday, I had my husband pick up some kale salad from the Winn Dixie deli. It had worked in the past and didn't fail me last night. Yep. All okay now. It might have just given the Miralax and Colace company but together, all is well. Just to make sure, I had him get me more today! There must be so much fiber in kale and although I cannot stand it cooked, raw is fine by me. Hope it helps you, too!
 
May have to give it a try too. I’ve been going a “little bit”, but need more. I even downed some milk of magnesia today, yuck!!!
 
@GingerP, be careful to not do too much 'work' on that infant knee of yours. You know the BS guidelines and that we don't recommend any PT for the first month or so, just your normal ADL. The ADL will work your knee enough. You don't want to increase your swelling. You also know what that does...less bend! Just take it easy! Take all the naps your body wants! Your knee is healing even more when you sleep.
 
I didn't know they still made that awful stuff! Hopefully, it comes in pill-form today.
 
So far, so good with the recovery and your knee movement. You’re doing just fine with ROM. The straightening can take time to get to where you want to be, so don’t be tempted to try to rush it. Once you start walking regularly, you can also add in some gentle extension exercises. Plenty of time for that. Whatever you do, don’t allow the PT to try to “help” your extension along by pushing down on your knee.

Your son was such a great guy to help you out. I’m also glad the Wisconsin weather has eased up, if only temporarily. There’s still a lot of winter to go, but you’re holed up and cozy in recovery. :thumb:
 
Greetings all. I pray all are doing well in healing. I had a good therapy agaiN on Tuesday. Measured 95 on the bend and 10 for straight leg. I think there must have been some exercise that 'released' something in my knee to straighten out better. Even in my lift chair I can put my leg down and raise my leg which I couldn't before.
Today I learned a big lesson on pain management - I got busy working on some card making at my dining room table, got a call from a dear friend and over an hour later was time for supper. I couldn't figure out why my knee was hurting me so much and low and behold, I had forgotten to take my pain meds. So....got the ice out and pills taken and now I'm in a better place again. Lesson learned. ...take the pain meds. I'm doing less of the Norco and more Tylenol and tramadol. Hopefully that will be kinder to my bowel movements.
Tomorrow the staples come out after my therapy session. Hoping that all goes well.
Rest well dear friends.
 
You’re doing so well. Isn’t it nice when you forget to take pain medicine? It really makes you feel like you’re getting better. :wowspring:
 
Yay, your staples are coming out today! I pray all goes well for you.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom