TKR Right TKR is done

Today I met with my OS on knee #2. He is very happy with my recovery and says that I'm doing well and will see me in 6 months. Said I will continue to gather more stamina and keep on going to 'open gym' at the PT facilities and my leg (as well as #1) will continue to get better. Keep working on weight loss too.
Those are instructions I can handle. Always good to hear 'keep getting better'!
That's my prayer for all my bone smart tkr friends, too!
 
Great report @GingerP I was told to come back in 6 months too. It really is nice to hear keep getting better. You sure went through an ordeal with knee #1, I’m so happy that knee #2 was well-behaved and that you’re doing so well.
 
I can only imagine your relief at how much easier this knee has been!
 
Have I mentioned how much I love your surgeon? You found exactly the best kind! What a great recovery you are having, and just in time to enjoy the upcoming Spring weather!
 
What a wonderful post! Your OS is dream come true and so have this recovery!
 
@GingerP, what a wonderful dr. appt. you had! And how happy I am for you that this knee is sailing through recovery. You definitely deserve it. When I saw my dr. for my post-op last week, I told him I'd come back to say "hi" but have no plans for any more joint replacements.

My husband keeps asking me about the Wisconsin cheese in the 'fridge. I told him I'm saving it for a party. There is a recipe I found online for cheese curds baked in the oven instead of fried. Have you ever fixed them that way? I put my Fitbit back on yesterday and am making an effort to lose the 10 pounds I've gained in the last six months so I'm trying to pay attention to what goes in my mouth (not fun!). I know that cheese isn't exactly diet food but somehow oven-baking doesn't sound as sinful as frying...
 
@MSgirl, I have not done anything with cheese curds in the oven! For us hete, we love them fresh from the bag! They would never last long enough to use that way!
I ordered several cheese trays on Thursday after my Dr appts and also added 10 lbs of cheese curds to the order. My mom is turning 90 on April 9 and we are having a birthday gathering for her. It took some convincing to get her to agree that 90 is something to celebrate and we anticipate there could be over 100 family and friends come, so part of the lunch is the cheese!
Wishing g you continued good healing days. I appreciate all the good comments from everyone! I did ask my new OS about any chance of this leg having issues like #1 had and he told me NO, it would be less than 1% chance anyway, because he took every precaution possible to avoid it! Yes, I love him too @SusieShoes !! It was about at this time in my recovery with #1 that my nightmare began, and I have thought about that a lot. I had no idea that it was going to be so long, involved and just awful - and am over the moon happy with #2 's recovery.
Blessings to all of you. Here's to a good next 6 months @jboles . @KarriB - so thankful that a tkr recovery can go well. With my past experience I wasn't so certain it would happen.
 
Reaching 90 is definitely cause for a celebration. How blessed to still have your mother, enjoy and celebrate each day. I’m definitely going to get some cheese curds next time I go to our mountain cheese factory. I may have to order some from your store so I can compare.
 
@GingerP i know what you mean to get a good report from your OS. I saw my OS at the two month check up, he said “ see you next year! “ Very glad you are doing great!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom