newlybionic
Former BoneSmart Staff Member
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2015
- Messages
- 7,095
- Age
- 71
- Location
- The Poconos, PA
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
A very belated Happy New Year to all. I’ve been working through some depression and am starting to see some light at the end of the tunnnel. My knees are both stiff all of the time. There is swelling only at the end of my ten hour work days. I have decreased by work days to three a week on average and try not to work on consecutive days. It is depressing feeling almost as much pain now as I did before my TKRs. I’m not sure what else can be done for me. My OS thinks that I may be able to add more range of motion in the knee that had the infection but it is barely increasing at all. I wake up several times a night in pain and have to re-arrange pillows to try to find a way to sleep for a few hours. I’ve tried using some tramadol and I’ve also tried some sleeping pills from my psychiatrist without much help. After having had the infection I’m not considering seeing any other OS (or even my OS who I do trust) to discuss any type of a revision surgery.
One good thing is my weight is down 33 pounds. I still don’t have much of an appetite and I continue to lose weight slowly. I don’t eat dinner most evenings. I try to eat at least one healthy meal a day usually in the early afternoon. I will have a little something in the morning and in the evening have some cheese or some fruit. I know I’ve gained muscle in my legs which had atrophied quite a bit. Most of what I lost has been fat so far. If I lose another 20 lbs I’d be very happy. I thought my knees would be happier if I weighed less but it hasn’t been proved true.
One good thing is my weight is down 33 pounds. I still don’t have much of an appetite and I continue to lose weight slowly. I don’t eat dinner most evenings. I try to eat at least one healthy meal a day usually in the early afternoon. I will have a little something in the morning and in the evening have some cheese or some fruit. I know I’ve gained muscle in my legs which had atrophied quite a bit. Most of what I lost has been fat so far. If I lose another 20 lbs I’d be very happy. I thought my knees would be happier if I weighed less but it hasn’t been proved true.


