Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

You have so much to look forward to! November is just around the corner. An that precious new baby will be there!
 
My future granddaughter is already over 7 lbs! She’s due on Nov 14th so she’s going to be a big baby. My daughter sent me a copy of an ultrasound picture and she has very large, pincable cheeks. I can’t wait to meet her.

I’m winding down taking my antibiotics. I’ve been praying that the MRSA is gone so I can meet my granddaughter when she comes. I wouldn’t want them near me if I have an infection. My legs are very slowly getting stronger. It’s frustrating that BOTH knees feel stiff all the time. They are swollen by the end of the day. A large part of my right knee is numb and it’s weird to not be able to feel anything when I touch it. On the other leg there’s a much smaller area. Who knows if I’ll ever get back some feeling to them.
 
I still have numb spot on both of my knees, and have for years. I think the more surgeries you have, the more numb spots you have. Hopefully, yours will go away really quickly. And I hope there's no MRSA and you can hold that precious little girl!
 
Wow! Very excited for you! My 2nd great niece/nephew is due just two days before your granddaughter, November 12th.

There were large areas of numbness for a loooooong time. I figured it was due to the two surgeries, but parts did return. Now I just have a patch on the outside of my right knee, give it time. The swelling and stiffness is probably due to being thrown into those longer hours at work. Hopefully it will get better with time.
 
Not long now until that lovely granddaughter arrives, Marian! I'm so pleased for your daughter and all the family.

I hope that you prove to be infection-free, so that you can hold her and cuddle her.

We shall expect photos!
 
Thinking of you.....Haven't heard if your new grand baby is here but I know it is due tomorrow. Sending happy thoughts your way!!
Also hope YOU are doing better each day and ready to give lots of cuddles. ;)
 
My granddaughter was born on the 16th. Due to a fever she’s in the NICU undergoing lots of tests. We’re hopeful that she’ll be ok. She is a big baby at 8 lbs 2 oz. blue eyed with dark brown hair. She’s absolutely beautiful.

I saw my OS on the 16th too. No signs of infection are present. He estimated my bend at 100 degrees and feels I should be able to gain another 10 degrees if I keep working at it. He has no plans to do a revision now since I’m about as good as he thinks I will get. I’m hoping that I can get more than another 10 degrees but we will see.
 
congratulations Marian on a beautiful granddaughter and also no signs of infection. my bend is about the same as yours; also hoping for more. enjoy your new granddaughter.:flwrysmile:
 
Congratulations! She sounds beautiful! What’s her name?

I’m glad there’s no sign of infection and I have no doubt you’ll gain more ROM in coming months.
 
Yeah! Hoping Miss Astella Jean was released to go home today. Congrats Grandma! Also, glad to hear there are no signs of infection as well. I bet you'll get that additional 10 degree. Where there's a will there's a way, right!
 
What wonderful news on both accounts...baby Astella Jean coming home and Marian with no infection and no revision!
 
Congratulations on becoming a grandma to your precious new grand daughter. What a beautiful name she has!
Also, congrats on the dr appt with good news about no infection! Sounds like a great big need to celebrate!
 
My knees have been fairly stiff every day. Suffering from a bout of depression. Just going to work and coming home. I’m hoping to make it back on the forum soon. Grand baby is great! Wish I could see her more often.
 
I'm really glad to hear from you. We have been concerned. Wonderful news that your new grand baby is doing good! What a blessing!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom