Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the hematologist gives you the high 5 soon. It will be what it will be, but it would be nice to know.
 
Thanks Lynn (@NightQuilter)

I had a call from the hematologist's office this morning to get more blood work done. I had a call back from them this afternoon and its about a 90% sure thing I will be getting the knee revision on October 7th! I'm not sure whether I should be relieved or not...lol!
 
The knee revision is a go for Oct.07th! I am less stressed now than I have been since August 20th when I found out there was an issue with the blood work! Maybe by Monday I will be a bit more nervous about the surgery, really I haven't had time to be THAT stressed about it....good thing me thinks! LOL
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Relief is in sight! .... Good luck as you get prepared for this JustmeT. You have a forum full of Bonesmarties rooting for you!
 
Good luck next week. I hope it goes well and will look forward to an update.
 
Celle, NightQuilter and Hopper:
Thanks all....appreciate your support!

My surgery has been been moved from the 7th to the 8th soooooooo it will be one more day to stress, lol! Not really because I will work right up to the end of the day Wednesday instead of Tuesday!

We will be having our Thanksgiving dinner a week early this year because I am not sure now what day I will get home from the hospital...I am still hoping for a two day stay not the 3 or 4 they have suggested...:)!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Keep busy, this will be behind you soon. Happy Thanksgiving on the 12th, you are wise to celebrate earlier.
 
Knee revision done this afternoon. ..feeling pretty go so far, some achiness but no pain. Hope the others who had their surgeries today are doing well...
 
Thanks for the update, glad to hear your revision is behind you! @wberry is doing well after his revision.
When you get a chance add your Revision date to your signature, Thanks!

Rest up and heal!

Here is a copy of the post op reading for you. I know you have seen it before, always good to have it handy.

First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Activity progression for TKRs

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Home physio (PT) and activity progress: suggestions
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

And then some wise words from members who have shared their experiences ...
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Five “P’s” of knee recovery
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Recovering a knee - from one who knows!
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's worth the wait for ROM
 
JustmeT,
Post what you would like for a new thread title and a moderator will change it for you. Hope you are doing well.
 
I am home again and what a great feeling it is! Before I left the hospital my my rom was pretty good, 92 flexion
And 0 degrees extension. Found a combination of drugs that are working well to control the pain, thank goodness because that was one of my greatest concern going into this, pain management. Thanks all for your well wishes.
 
It's day 5 and going well...I even skipped my afternoon pain med, I slept though it. I don't need it atm that's not saying I won't again soon. I was able to sleep in bed last night as well, I am so grateful for this. Loving the waterproof bandage on my leg...I was able to shower before I left the hospital and again at home this morning. The exercises are a bit of a challenge but I am not stressing about it, I will not push myself to recover and try to do things I am not ready for. This forum has taught me so much, I also noticed that my OS is on the same page, it makes recovery easier when we are all communicating the same things.
@NightQuilter Thanks, I am not sure I earned it with my denial and whining, lol! I am however very happy that my fears about pain control so far are all for naught. I think that is what was holding me back the most.

@Jamie I am trying to come up with a new name for the thread, Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life!???
 
I think your new title is very appropriate!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom