Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Angel1978

I have loosened implant, so it needs to be released revised, I have been putting it off as long as I can.



Oh that is not good. It olny causes more problems. And the sugury and recovery takes longer. My heart and prayers is with you. Soon as possible get it fixed. I am 3 months from my revision. Not where I want to be. Not where the doc wants me to be. But I am progressing the best way I can. So I know my knee will be safe. And I won't be in danger. It's a roller coaster.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
What bad luck to need a revision although I bet once its done you will be very relieved and happy!
Its rotten to be worried about the meds side of things - my sympathy to you.
I had my first knee done at a hospital in NY and suffered very badly with the anaesthetic and pain meds - I was even worse this time around despite being able to warn the staff that I'd react! The anaesthetist did a great job using a very alternative mix of stuff but after the intravenous painkillers ended then the problems started. It was no fun and I have never felt as poorly - my blood pressure dropped dramatically alongside a load of other very unpleasant symptoms.
I had an unexpected 4 extra days in hospital.
Anyhow, I was reading a little about the first hospital recently on their knee pages and it looks like they have devised some alternatives to help those who react badly to the meds etc. so it looks like things are moving on and they are advertising the fact.
I haven't taken any painkillers since I left hospital because even those they carefully devised for me to bring home to give minimal side effects were just awful. I've managed by icing loads. However, I know thats not ideal or even possible for most people.
If I ever need another op I dread to think how my body might react as my intolerance seems to have increased steadily over the years.
I do hope you find a solution and feel confident that you won't need to suffer.
 
@Jamie could help you if you have not found a doc.... She did me. To make a long story short. My knee had done dec 1 was pop crack lock. And throw me forward lots pain. Could not stand it. Was sad all time. Well went to doc she told me. Lots things I was told about knee. Could not wait cause would have to start over. So went to my reg doc. Was honest. He was apologetic. And fix it. Have few issue but progressing well since revision in March. I was sick from meads. And was given Celebrex and Nucynta. And it helps a lot. I don't get sick if I eat crackers after I take the the Meds. Good luck to you. Don't suffer. It olny makes the recovery harder. I will tell you the whole story later after I awake. Xxxx hugs to you...


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Hopper

Yeah, the thoughts having to do this again without pain meds when I get home, not pleasant thoughts at all!!

@Angel1978

I cannot take anti-inflammatory medication at all, even if I eat a full meal first. They really do a number on my system so its really not worth it to even try.
The doctor situation here is a bit different than it is there and we don't have insurance like you do, our medicare is free to everyone! As for finding another dr, that's not so easy either for here either.
 
Bless your heart. Does your place have charity?


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Hopper

Yeah, the thoughts having to do this again without pain meds when I get home, not pleasant thoughts at all!!

@Angel1978

I cannot take anti-inflammatory medication at all, even if I eat a full meal first. They really do a number on my system so its really not worth it to even try.
The doctor situation here is a bit different than it is there and we don't have insurance like you do, our medicare is free to everyone! As for finding another dr, that's not so easy either for here either.



@Jamie can help you. Or @skigirl. Charity is where the hospital helps you pay for procedures.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Jamie and ski girl helped me get another doctor. But I did not go to him. Cause I'd be waiting for ever.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Charity is where the hospital helps you pay for procedures.
No, we don't have that here, not in this province that I am aware of at any rate. We have a government funded medicare system that is universal, no one has to pay out of pocket for any of their procedures. Yes, there is private insurance available if you want it but its used more for things like physio therapy, dental and such.
 
Wow I'm sorry. I wish you the best. (Hugs) this sight is wonderful. Any question will be answered. If they can't help fast. They will do research to help.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Angel, Canada's medical system is much like Great Britain's National Healthcare System, Australia's universal healthcare system and other countries that have health care provided to all citizens at no direct cost to them. It is different than the way we do health care in the United States and pretty hard to make comparisons between the two concepts (national health care versus insurance-based health care). They are just too different in the way they work. Both have good points and bad points. The important thing for people is that they know how THEIR system works and that they use it to their greatest benefit.

I can help people locate doctors in the US, but not in other countries. Jo is able to help with surgeons in Great Britain, but only because she has so many years in the field working with them personally.
 
Oh wow did not know thanks!!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Angel1978

Yeah the system here is quite different than the one there, my husband is from the US so I have been well versed in how it works. Also because of where I live, its hard to change from one Dr to another because they work together in the same hospital. Jamie explained it better than I could, our system, lol!

Yeah, this is a great site, been coming here since my first pkr 3 years ago.
 
Wow. I'm so sorry. Best luck to you.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
JustmeT said: ↑
I have to have a revision of my lpkr to a tkr due to aseptic loosening of the implant...the OS (orthopedic Surgeon) said he will be doing a computer assisted surgery. He also said that he will have to do a cut horizontally to take out the old hardware? I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this?
Had the PAC (pre admission clinic) today, asked about the horizontal cut, there won't be one, phew! I have to have more blood work because something came up...one more thing to add to the list of why I am so apprehensive!

I got an education today though, nothing like when I the pkrs... When I had those done I just went for blood work and an EKG on my own time, nothing scheduled. This time it was the works, lol!

Soooooooooo, if all can taken care of with the new issue I am having, I will be having the revision in less than 7 weeks!
 
@Hopper
I have to deal with a little bump in the road that was discovered this past week if that gets righted then its a go for the surgery, if not, it will have to be postponed. I am not putting the horse before the cart so to speak, but its good to be aware!
 
Will be praying for you. Hope they discover the issues and fix them. . There is something wrong with my leg. Docs is not wanting to fix. Be glad u have a wiimg surgeon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Angel1978

Its not an issue with the knee that I have to get checked out, other than the need for a revision of course! :)

Do you know what it is that is wrong with your leg?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom