Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RestAssured Why would he torture himself on the side, isn't PT enough torture?

Not to this Nut! I met him before surgery as he was trying to "gut it out" while power lifting 300 pounds! He is the type that has the "no pain no gain" philosophy drilled in his brain!:flabber:
 
:chinstroke:, Sounds like someone who would not listen to any other way to do things. Hope he does not set his recovery back.
The pain of this recovery is all the patience you need waiting for your knee to heal, harder than watching water boil.
 
@RestAssured & @Pumpkln
Sounds like someone enjoys pain! :yikes:

Yes Chris, you are right about the patience you need for this recovery without doing something to set you back and prolonging it. I kinda, sorta did that with the 1st pkr, seems it never really recovered, lol! :rotfl:

Question for ya (anyone), I am 9 days out and still get waves of nausea and pain, is this normal?
 
@Celle
I sorta kinda knew that! :oyvey: I'm thinking the anti-emetics are the same as what have here known as gravol (anti-nauseant)?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@RestAssured
I agree Sonja and I believe it takes a "special" type of person to push themselves to that point. They may need some sort of help, more than TKR to help their knee.

A good point there @Pumpkln regarding patience, you sure do need plenty of it during this type of recovery. I am a week and a half out and searching for mine already....it only gets better from here, right?
 
Hi. Just came over to say hello. Just saw that you are also in Canada. Maybe we need our universal health care plan to include PATIENCE training! An election issue for next time maybe :rotfl:
 
@Randi
Thank you for visiting, always nice to see a fellow Canadian!
I will write out my journey to a revision and all that when I can sit at the computer for more than a few minutes. I have been using my tablet and it's not so easy to type out longer posts with it. (Too many errors with the corrective typing, lol)

@Pumpkln
I would like to buy $5 worth of patience please Lucy! I wish it were that easy...

I have to say though I have come a long way since the rpkr 3 years ago, I am letting my husband and kids do things in their own way and don't feel the need to go behind them to do it my way.
 
@Celle
I sorta kinda knew that! :oyvey: I'm thinking the anti-emetics are the same as what have here known as gravol (anti-nauseant)?
I think Gravol is a herbal mixture, with ginger as one of its components. While ginger is very good, a prescription anti-nausea drug from your doctor could be better.
 
Actually Gravol is an anti nauseant sold over the counter in Canada. There is a form that is an herbal compound with ginger but that is not the original. It works very well.
 
@Celle

I think we can get both the herbal with ginger and the other OTC (over the counter) here. I have to go out to vote and with my son to get his hair cut (he's 6 yrs old and hubby is driving), I will stop at the pharmacy to get some gravol.
 
OK, but if the Gravol doesn't work for you, then ask your doctor for a prescription anti nausea medication.
 
@Celle
I will give the Gravol a go this evening. I was talking with my OS' nurse this afternoon, if the Gravol doesn't work she will get a script faxed out to the pharmacy I use for something stronger. I didn't realize I was getting this while I was in the hospital, I didn't think to ask because I didn't feel nauseous, go figure! :heehee:
 
I am off in a little while to get half the staples out, got a get my nerve up, I so dislike this part of it! :yikes:
 
It will be behind you soon, and you knee with thank you for getting them out!
 
After all this, getting the staples out should be a breeze! Just think beautiful thoughts... You'll do great
 
I haven't been posting here lately because we are dealing with a sudden tradgedy in our lives. My husband passed away suddenly last Tuesday evening. It was a total shock, so unexpected! I made him a promise that I will take care of my knee, I am trying to do just that.

I did go to my first physio, the knee is coming along fine, just one thing, my left leg is now measuring 4.5 centimetres longer than my right one which is quite the difference. @Josephine @Pumpkln What do you think could have happened for it to be like this? I am not really complaining because I like the added height...lol!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom