Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jamie could I please have the !??? Taken out of the title with ... there instead?

Thank you, I think it's time to try to get back to living without pain. I know it was my choice to wait the extra 13 months but there were extenuating circumstances.
 
I had to go to my family doctor today to get a script for more pain medication...(I was given enough for three days when I left the hospital). I didn't have any problems getting more. What I had a problem with is almost everyone who saw me while I was out had a story to tell about this one or that one what an easy time they when they had their replacements...today was a rough day for me and I wasn't particularly pleasant (nor was I rude), so the last one who deemed it necessary to tell me about their uncle and how he only took Tylenol for a couple of days after his TKR....I said, for heaven's sake will people stop telling me about the superhero's, either talk about a "normal" recovery someone else had or say nothing. I know most people are only wanting to help and encourage but couldn't they see I was trying to get out to to the car before I either threw-up, fall down or both because I was hurting a lot!

This experience with the revision is entirely different from either of the pkrs I had three years ago...in some ways this is easier, I have to admit the hospital stay helped tremendously. It was because I was in the hospital that I was able to get the pain med situation figured out and the pain under control.


I hope to see some updates from some of the October Fiesties crew who've had their surgeries...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What I had a problem with is almost everyone who saw me while I was out had a story to tell about this one or that one what an easy time they when they had their replacements...
I think of those as I do the Abominable Snowman, Bigfoot, or the Yeti. Everybody talks of them, but nobody has ever seen one.
 
@referee54 Lol! I have met one who said how easy and pain free their recovery was, she had a replacement the same time I had my first pkr...funny thing is, I remember how much pain and discomfort she was having at that time...guess in three and a half years some memories become eroded!
 
I have been having a sharp pain just above my knee (lateral side), it sorta feels like near the quadriceps, it happens with weight bearing and sometimes when I do leg lifts. I haven't experienced this type of pain before, it concerns me because it feels like my leg is going to go out on me. Has anyone else had a similar experience who has had a TKR?
 
I have been having a sharp pain just above my knee (lateral side), it sorta feels like near the quadriceps, it happens with weight bearing and sometimes when I do leg lifts.
If you can already do leg lifts, there's no need to keep doing them. So, stop doing them for a while and see if the pain improves.
 
Yes Abby was gushing the other day about a man who had a ZtKR and was already running! I said "really, like a 5K" and she said no on the elliptical. Well, I checked out the story, and he was pushing through the pain. He told me he was going back to marathon running and I wished him luck. By the time he was finished, he was hobbling, so I suggested ice. [emoji4]
 
And here I though he had a Zippy TKR, best for running :rotfl:. Why is Abby letting this man over do?

JustmeT,
How is your knee doing after your dropped the leg lifts?
 
You are less than three weeks out, it probably just needs time to heal. You are right, this is a plugging along recovery.
 
@Pumpkln

I am just one week out actually...and for once I am not over doing it, surprise surprise, lol!

I had the dressing changed this afternoon, wasn't due until Sunday but it was irritating me to no end. A couple of spots still bleeding and one looks a wee bit icky, I was assured that it's really nothing to be concerned about it should be fine. I get half the staples out on Tuesday, my first physio on Wednesday then the rest of the staples out on Thursday. The reasoning he hind the staples coming on two different days is because I have physio and the nurse is concerned that I may do something to break it open. As she said, some physiotherapists think they have to get you to do too much. No worries there, I won't be allowing that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Jamie I was wondering if I could have the date of the revision in the title? It looks like I had my revision back in 2012 when it actually October 8, 2015.
 
I finally gave in this morning and used an ice pack! Not that I gave in really, it's just that until today there wasn't much swelling so I didn't think to use it.

I have been having a lot of pain in the top of my foot, it's the same type of pain I experienced the first time my knee went out on me when the implant loosened. I am trying to figure out how all this is related to my knee?
 
And here I though he had a Zippy TKR, best for running :rotfl:. Why is Abby letting this man over do?
?

He is in "physical therapy" still and does his own torture on the side. Abby noticed him because we had both seen him in the earlier stages w his PT.
 
@referee54 Yeah, it does feel more like muscle pain more than anything else. I have eased up on the exercises and I don't do the leg lifts atm...maybe add them again later ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom