Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine
So just how long have you been resting it for? And what activities were you engaged in during this period?
- I rest it every evening after dinner, with the minimal of walking that I can do. During the daytime there is little opportunity to rest it but when I can sit I do. I am working outside the home, also have my own business and two wee kidets so it makes it difficult at times to slow down when I need to. I do however take it easy and forgo all the extracurricular activities that I would normally partake in since this reared its ugly head 4 weeks ago.

Have you tried anything like chiropractic treatment? Or done Acupressure massage yourself?
-No to the chiropractic treatment and sort of to the acupressure massage. I did the acupressure massage when I had an IT band problem a couple of years before the 1st pkr and since your suggestion I tried it on this, wow! It hurt just to press anywhere near that area, I stopped but will ice it then give it another go later.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh it does! I often yell out loudly when my chiro does it to me but it's a 'good' hurt and it does make things better.
 
@Josephine I think I would cry....lol! I tried it again and gosh it hurts, its suppose to feel better when you release it, right? Thanks for all your suggestions, I do appreciate them and do take them to heart!
 
No, it can feel sore for a while afterwards but not as bad as while you're doing it.
 
@Josephine I must have been doing it wrong, even though I watched it on youtube how to...my knee is not so good today, it feels like it did the day it went wonky almost 4 weeks ago..sigh* This is so not in the plans!
 
@Josephine...Yes I did read the Acupressure massage, actually I read it 2-3 times When I was taught to do this a few years ago, I used a tennis ball to roll up and down the IT band putting pressure on it, it worked quite well.

I am not sure if I can copy and paste the link here for the video?
 
Jolly good - just checking!

Was it a YouTube? If it was, get to the YouTube site and copy the url from the address bar at the top of the page and just paste it in here. The forum software will automatically show the video! Clever, ennit?
 
i was scheduled to have a partial knee on 3/24/14, but when i woke i had a whole new knee. i am not pain free yet and still taking pain meds but mostly on the days that I have pt. I don't like when its time for them to stretch my knee, they always try and push it alittle to much. How are you feeling now.
 
@donna s
Tomorrow it will be 2 years since I had the partial done in my left knee. It was a long time for that knee to feel better, it was months really. It took the better part of a year for it get to the point where I could forget about it. Every person and every knee is different, I had a second partial 5 1/2 months later in my other knee, I could measure in weeks how fast that one recovered. You just have to remember to not push it too much, its counter productive, makes the healing proess longer and is more painful. The second knee I had one physio session, a two week break, in those two weeks I did things at my own pace and just to the point of discomfort, went back for the 2nd physio appointment and didn't do anything other than measure my rom and said you are good to go.
 
2 year anniversary today for the left partial...there isn't much to day about it because I am having so much trouble with it...however, there has been good days in there where I could go and do just as before the knee was injured so it hasn't been all bad this past two years. Still as bad as it is now its better than that bone on bone pain I used to have...so all in all, mmmmmmmmmm better than it was not as good as it should be!
 
Yes of course. But I'd ask you put a link to this thread in the opening post of the new one.
Also say it's "knee #2"!
 
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/ive-had-the-second-one-done.16175/page-27#post-611714 (link to PKR #2 , the good one ;) ).

I was back to the OS on Monday (May 26th), he wants 8 weeks of physio then back again to see him again to see if that improves things. He suggested it could be the kneecap not tracking properly hence the physio. If that doesn't do the trick he will then investigate it further because an x-ray really don't show that much.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It is always a disappointment to have to go back and rehab the same knee again!! Remember not to stress the knee too much in pt. Keep us informed of your situation!!
 
@skigirl It so is a disappointment, its been just two years and really haven't had a good feeling left knee in all that time. He also brought up the possibilty of a total.....I am no where ready to even want to think about that, at all! I will try all the stuff in between to get this one worked out if at all possible!!!
 
JustmeT, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Now you know why I'm a little leery about partials!
In Jan 2011, I started keeping a log of members who'd had PKRs converted to TKRs.
I now have a list of 22!
 
I thought I posted on your thread---I hope someone else is not reading a thread and thinking--what is she talking about!! Sometimes a small brace will help with the knee to get you through the time until you can consider surgery. @maryo52 has been using one to avoid surgery for a while.
 
I have a brace because my knee has excess laxity. I almost never have pain but I have stiffness that never leaves which is due to synovitis which in turn is probably due to the laxity.

My mother had a superb PKR that served her well for the last two decades of a long life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom