Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking!!! I am not THAT crazy to believe I could run again.... Well maybe I am:whistle: But no ! Walking it is!
 
I am THAT crazy, I want to run! Maybe not long distances but short spurts sure would be good...:wink: ! Rollerblading is next on the agenda (or not), lol!
 
I am THAT crazy, I want to run! Maybe not long distances but short spurts sure would be good...:wink: ! Rollerblading is next on the agenda (or not), lol!

Well, don't tell anyone, :snork:, but I was sprinting through the ladder on the floor drill last night!:rotfl:
 
Not saying a word....) I am typing them...hahahaha!

Sounds like fun what you are doing, me I get to slip and slide on the ice that's underfoot! I have only fallen a few times no harm done...a couple of wee bruises here and there, the pride has been hurt the most :P !
 
@RestAssured I was watching a preview to the Olympics, I didn't see a mention of you, wondering what sport you are competing in? :heehee: You shouldn't have to try very hard to guess the sports I am competing in, hahahahaha! Its off to bed I must go, need ti get well rested so I can go out and win a few gold medals!!! :rotfl:
 
Well, if you look at the shalom jumping you should see me! I am also going to race downhill doing a triple twist double somersault that you won't want to miss either! After we are finished, we can go and drink some sugar free cocoa together!:cheers:
 
Its taken 1 year and about 9 months for one knee and 1 year 4 months for the other, but this past week I realized I can do a full squat. I was out and about taking pictures when I wanted a certain shot, I squat down without even thinking about it....it wasn't until I was uploading the photos that I realized I had done this. I had to go try it again, and again...yes I can do it! :egypdance:
 
I am doing full squats also! Hey, maybe we could put on Sumo Wrestling suits, and have a go!:rotfl:
 
Tessa, so good to hear that you are out doing all the fun things again. Skiing, skating and sledding, living life and enjoying yourself is wonderful. I am not going to take up running, but then I was never a runner. I am hoping to actually be biking once spring is here, but for now I am loving all this snow that we are getting. I am out snowboarding regularly with the other board instructors who are mostly 30 and under. I recently did a clinic with 9 other board instructors all aged 19-25 and kept up with those youngsters, and that felt sooooo wonderful. I did draw the line with doing the jumps though because my knee said, "um No!" and I listened to it.
 
@BJ Mac This seems like my winter activites :snow dig::snow plough: lol! I am not taking up running either, I am getting a new bike in the spring hoping to get back into that too. We are looking at taking our kids downhill skiing in the next couple of weeks, my son will be 5 next week, he wants to go skiing and to a movie.

Wow, you are doing really well and its wonderful to hear about your snowboarding....I am not sure I want to try snowboarding, not sure the (L) knee will like it much.
 
12 days ago my left knee went way wonky, like never before wonky and very painful. This lasted for five days, its still having moments where I can hardly take a step because of the pain it causes. Here's what happened...I stepped out of the van the same as always, when I put weight on my leg, the pain just shot through my knee, the back, front, medial side and but up the back of my leg and down my calf to around to the top of my foot. I couldn't straighten my knee the whole way for a couple of days but fortunately that disappeared. Sometimes this pain that seems to shoot everywhere (that radiates out from my knee) happens when I am walking others it happens when I am standing from a sitting position, it almost brings me to my knees and I audibly scream (though I try hard not to, its just the pain takes me by surprise each time)...I cannot find anything from research that is like this although I find its a little like this or a little like that thing but never its just like this. I have been thinking it could be the Baker's Cyst but the pain isn't just presenting itself in the back of my knee. (I am going on the 28th to see the O.S., hoping he can diagnose what is causing this).
 
Let me tag @Josephine and see what she has to say. Glad you are going to the doctor soon.
 
No doubt about it whatsoever - one or both components are loose.
 
Oh Tessa! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. Perhaps your OS can move your appointment up!
 
Denial is a comfortable place - unless you define it as a river in Egypt!! :heehee:. I guess I am just one of those folks who wants to know what is going on and deal with it. On the other hand, that philosophy does not explain why I put off having my knees replaced for 4 years in the first place! :what: Good luck either way!!
 
Thanks Lynn...I do want to know what is going on its just that I can't think that this is what's wrong with the dang knee. It shocked me to see that may be a reason for what's happened!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom