Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem to me that it would be a good idea to talk to your surgeon (and maybe even a second opinion from a revision specialist). THEN, when you have information, you can decide if or when to do something about your knee. If it is in fact loose, nothing is going to make it improve, so it's going to be pretty difficult to ignore.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. But please know we are here to talk when you need us.
 
@BJ Mac Thank you...the knee actually feels pretty good today so maybe this was just a false alarm (?) or its just the Baker's Cyst acting up again (?)....

@Jamie I am going to see the OS on the 28th to discuss what is going on in the knee, I am trying to think no further ahead than this for now. Once I hear what he has to say I will go from there, can't do more than that anyways other than keep telling myself, this too shall pass. I have had this type of pain/trouble with my knee off and on for a few months now but it would go away after a few hours, this time it took days and it still there at times just not as constant and the pain just went everywhere not as localized as before.

Thanks for your reply and comments, I sure do appreciate them.
 
I'm glad you're getting in to see the doctor soon. :console2:
 
@Josephine yeah I know but I guess I was just not thinking along those lines until that moment that's all. No harm no foul...

@kneeper Thanks! I am even taking the whole day off from work to go see the OS... ;)
 
JustmeT, this might be off base but I thought I remember reading in your previous thread that you had done knee bends for the first time. Might it have just been some recovery from that experience? Maybe I am
just doing some wishful thinking but I do hope for the best for you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks @pippi I wish I could say that's what did it but I know its not, this was happening before I did the knee bends :unsure:!
 
Pes anserine! This is what my OS thinks I may have, after a steroid shot below the knee and orders to rest the the knee for a couple of days, we shall see what happens. I have to go back again in 4 weeks...
 
@Josephine I think you mentioned this (Pes anserine) to me a while back, I couldn't find the post though. The Dr didn't suggest me what to or not to do other than rest the knee for a couple of days. Any advice would be appreciated.
 
Thanks @Josephine ! Yeah I am on here now perusing the library and any posts that pertain to this issue. The Dr is not 100% positive this is it but thinks the chances are it is. I am to go back again on May 26th to have it rechecked...

The steroid shot isn't working today,lol, wondering if its too soon to tell?
 
Aahh, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't! You can never really be sure!
 
Day 4 and no help from the cortisone shot...actually it feels worse than before I had it...could be a flare up from the shot? @Josephine
 
I'm afraid that does happen sometimes. Depo is good when it works, useless when it doesn't (there's a profound observation for you!). It rarely works when the arthritis is advanced.
 
Sometimes it takes a little while to work. I was surprised but that was the case for my last one.
fingers crossed for you.
 
@Josephine I had a wee chuckle at the "profound obsevation", its very true though. I don't have any arthritis in my knee to be seen so that's a plus.

@kneeper thanks and I hope that its just taking a little while to work, just gotta go back to that patience place and practice it again lol. You have had this problem too?
 
I never had before, but on my last injection it took almost two weeks to really kick in. But then it helped for months.
 
I don't know whether to be very concerned or to be totally ticked at this left knee of mine!!!! Its been getting worse, rest doesn't seem to help anymore than activity seems to harm it (anymore than it already is), maybe this is just wishful thinking (?).

I have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to, how long, usually does this pes anserinus take to get better? @Josephine
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness! Who can tell? It depends on all sorts of factors like the quantity and quality of rest and activity and how bad it was in the first place.

So just how long have you been resting it for? And what activities were you engaged in during this period?

Have you tried anything like chiropractic treatment? Or done Acupressure massage yourself?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom