Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear it. They can be real beggars some times!
 
Hey Tessa, sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. I have had a crazy busy summer, and my knee has not been fully cooperating either.
 
BJ Mac At times I wish I had never had the LPKR, its been at best a not so good an experience but the right one is awesome and that one I am very much pleased with. Despite the pain and aggravation from the left one I am determined to do whatever I can whenever I want...I cannot let that knee dictate my life anymore...the kids love that I no longer say, maybe not now because my knees hurt. I know its going to hurt regardless so I carry on...I do wake up each day though thinking this will be the day that it all turns around and feel good.
 
Wow! It was 10 months ago yesterday that I had my rpkr and it passed without me even giving it a thought, that is until I read here a moment ago that someone else had theirs 10 months ago today! I really do forget about the right knee, it just feels good, gives me trouble so rarely I have no reason to bother with it. Its a darn good feeling too because it was the right knee that was the worst going into all this and for it to be doing so well now, I am very very happy that I had the rpkr!!!
 
Just meT, congratulations on your 10 months out date. :egypdance:

I'm about to have my left knee done next month. My right one is still no where back to normal but I'm "moving forward." It's definitely stronger than the left one since the surgery, so I am looking forward to it. they are both painful in their own right. I haven't read your whole thread, so I don't know your LPKR drama. I'll go back over it later.

Question, Do you regret having a partial on the left knee, or just getting the left knee done period?

My OS is shooting for a partial on my left knee as well, since I only have bone on bone on one side of my knee. Today I was just wondering what would happen if during the surgery he discovered I needed a total, would my legs match? I'm already starting to feel like Quasimoto. :heehee:
 
Bionic woman2 There are times that I wish I had not had the left pkr, but its only those times when its really bothering me or something new and painful crops up with it. There was never any discussion of a tkr for either of my knees because my partials are more due to injury that osteoarthritis...! I had bone on bone on the medial sides of both knees.

Before I had the right knee replaced I was a bit wary of it all because of the less than positive experience I was having with the left knee but at the end of the day, I am very happy to say that having the right pkr was the best decision. Truthfully, I am still up in the air about the left one, some days I am happy with it and some days not so much!
 
Thanks, I must say that I am happy I got my right knee done, even with roller coaster of pain and emotions that came with it. :tantrum: The medial side of both my knees are(were) bone on bone and my OS said the left side of my right knee looked great when he operated.

What are some of problems you have with your left knee? Do you know your current ROM? I'm struggling with the tree trunk leg syndrome. It stiffens when it darn well pleases, but from what I read on this site that's normal. it's like that movie with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, Speed! You gotta keep it moving, but you can't move it too much. :shrug:

Even with the recovery pain, I can tell the right knee is already stronger. It no longer has the bone crushing feeling I get on the left when I attempt to squat. By the way, can you squat? This is gonna sound funny, but I dream about squatting down, then I'd wake up with 70 year old bone on bone knees. :cry:

I'm hoping my left will be just as good if not better. I'm looking forward to the day that I can squat down and tie a child's shoe. :egypdance: That's gonna be my new birthday. :heehee:
 
@Bionic woman2 I have had a few issues right from the onset with my left knee and no patience to deal with it, lol! I thought I was having a very slow recovery...its all on here but the left knee I had a different thread...I am not sure what it was titled but I will take a look and link it here!
 
Wow, its been a while for sure since I have been here!...I missed the RPKR 1 year update and that could be due to the fact that I forget a lot of the time that knee had any replacement at all. Its awesome after the dubious beginning but once it started recovering it just went text book, way more than I could ever have hoped for.

I went back to work in October (2013) then took a 2nd job in December but its just one weekend a month and I still have my own business. Two years ago this would not have even been possible, it wasn't even in my mind to go back to work. Having both knees done have changed so many things, I don't have to say no I can't because my knees hurt too much, anymore. I have been skiing, snowmobiling, sledding, skating and what ever else I want or kids want to do, its an awesome feeling to just be able to go without having to defer to the knees, its liberating, lol!

It took more than a year to get the left knee with the program, its still having many issues and there are days its says no but I tune it out as much as I can. If it gets too loud in protest I will make an appointment to get it seen to but usually after a couple of days its good to go again. It still does that going out on me thing when I go from sitting to standing, I am prepared for it or I am more used to it so its been put on the back burner for now.

I have been reading and catching up on some of the threads, good to see how far so many have come that had their knees replaced around the same time I did. The ones who are freshly replaced (:thumb:) just remember that no pain is the #1 plan and that patience is truly the key to a good recovery...it may seem like a long haul and it is, but you will get there, then one day down the road you will be happy that you did this, I know I am.
 
@JustmeT ,

Just! I was thinking about you earlier today! I was wondering if you had forgotten us! I am glad to hear that your issues with the PKR cleared up! I have a personal Trainer named Abby, who took over "PT" and got me to trust my knee again! I feel wonderful!
 
it is wonderful to hear that you have picked up your life again. I am happy for you.
 
Hey, so great to hear from you. We love knowing that our BoneSmarties are out there doing things and enjoying life!!! How wonderful that you took time to come back and give us an update. I know all our newbies appreciate knowing what lies ahead for them as well.
 
@RestAssured

Nope, didn't forget about you and I have been wondering how you are doing? Still shy I see, lol. One day there will be a cure for this.

That's awesome you are trusting your knee again....so happy that for you!

So what big stunt do you have planned for this year? Skydiving last year, how are ya gonna top that? hahhaha!
 
@RestAssured

Nope, didn't forget about you and I have been wondering how you are doing? Still shy I see, lol. One day there will be a cure for this!

So what big stunt do you have planned for this year? Skydiving last year, how are ya gonna top that? hahhaha!

I sure hope they find the cure for my shyness soon!:happydance:

I am going to walk a 5K with other BoneSmarties to raise awareness that life is indeed grand after replacements and revisions!:yahoo:

You will find my thread in the Social Room! I am out living life and getting my rear in gear with Abby my trainer!
 
I sure hope they find the cure for my shyness soon!:happydance:

I am going to walk a 5K with other BoneSmarties to raise awareness that life is indeed grand after replacements and revisions!:yahoo:

You will find my thread in the Social Room! I am out living life and getting my rear in gear with Abby my trainer!

When will the 5K walk take place? Its a wonderful plan to get out there with other BSers (said with tongue in cheek).

Can you send me a link to the Social Room, I cannot seem to find it.
 
@JustmeT just go up to the list under the blue bar. There is a category called "Social" and the Social room is right there under it.
 
Hello @JustmeT !

Thank you @skigirl for pointing out the bar to the Social Room! Hey Just, one of the 5K's I would like to do is in Houston! @RunA42K home town! I think that would be neat! We are discussing Portland Oregon, and I wouldn't mind Oklahoma City either! I would love to do all three!:happydance:

Houston would happen next year!
 
@RestAssured Walking or running? Wondering which you are striving for? I would love to run again but I am hesitant, the left knee can be so unstable at times. I am not hesitant to go sledding though even on the icy snow, sitting down is to do something is always easy, hahahaha!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom