THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Cheers to you and your first vino post op! Another milestone!

It's hot today and I've overdone it. Leg starting to swell for the first time. Ick!!!
 
Good for good days. You are doing just fine...hope today is good too...or as good as it can be at this stage.:whistle:
 
@danabanana that is awesome. I sobbed for a solid hour last night.....and woke up teary today. I've overdone it on activity and visitors and its the full moon. Not winning combo.

Today is going to be rest and more rest. Arrgghhh so bored.
 
Noticed you said you wer off the dilaudid. Sometimes those pills, while they help with pain, can make us feel strange in ways other than space. I remember years ago when I had thyroid removed they gave me pain pump and when doc came in a couple days later I just burst into tears. Pump went away and emotions got in check!
 
Sssh @SaraK
She probably doesn't remember :shrug:
It was one big glass...or three...remember? :martini:

I'm glad she has a sense of humor :heehee:
Notice she's not around either :yawn: :sleeep: Hahaha! Can't help it.....love her :loveshwr:
 
Hahaha gosh I love you girls!!!! The Vino was wonderful. Couple friends came over. Felt nice to feel somewhat normal! Then I slept a solid 4 hrs before first wakeup. :wowspring:
I didn't do much today except cuddle with hubby and watch movies, so wasn't on my phone. He was home today so it was very nice. We even had a late afternoon nap and I got a shower. :yes!:

I was sore and exhausted though from all the hobbling and socializing yesterday. Tomorrow morning my son is taking me to my OS to have my staples out and I'm gonna be asking
1. What's the dealio with this "centimetre" Leg difference that is actually a couple inches.
And
2. When can we resume Sexy time??? :eyebrows:
Hehehe
 
As long as you don’t break the hip precautions, @danabanana, the OT here said go for it when you feel like it. *giggles*


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Woo hoo for the Poop!! Ha ha bet you feel as light as a feather now!
I had a difference in leg length before my operation and had all of my sandals, flip flops etc altered to accommodate the difference which helped hugely and they looked great you couldn't see the difference unless pointed out (2cm difference)
However I didn't have any of my heels done so not sure how they would be!
i was lucky that my surgeon managed to correct my leg length I am now even again!
I even managed to wear some kitten heels at the weekend for a Christmas party :9)
Don't dispair too much right now it's early days, there will be away to have your heels on again I'm sure
:flwrysmile:
 
My post op xray. Those screws though!:flabber:

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Staples are out. Yay! I go back January 18 for next check. Still early days so just keep doing what I'm doing and try to treat it as "normal" as possible, only restrictions being the obvious hip protocol.

Nap time. I'm pooped!:zzz:
 
Great news @danabanana
Those first outings are tiring.
Time for a nice happy nappy :yawn: :sleep:
 
Back
Top Bottom