THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Woohoo for the poop fairy ‍♀️.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy crappy!

Want to play a game? It's called guess why Becky is crying....and you are guaranteed to win cause your guess is as good as mine!

A few things that made me person earlier:
My tan....Im gonna lose my tan....
My new boyfriend is nice.....
I want to swim in the ocean....
Why have I gained weight in 3 days...
Why cant I sleep.....
My ex is being so helpful.....
Boo hoo


Lolza
 
Hi @beckylou

Use a self tanner OR get outside and soak in some rays, just keep your incision covered and out of the sun.

Nice boyfriend is a blessing! Better than a mean, self centered, jealous, obsessive, nasty one.

The swimming will need to wait.....fighting an infection could be serious. You need to stay healthy to get a tan and enjoy the nice boyfriend.

You'll lose the weight. For some reason chocolate is appealing during recovery. My husband fed me Lindt Lindor Truffles until I had to say "STOP!!!!!!"

Sleep will come on its own.....don't stress over it. Just relax and occupy yourself till you poop out naturally.

A helpful ex is good. He's the father of your children, he's setting a good example, showing love, care and compassion to his baby mamma. That's what you want your babies (no matter their age) to witness.....

NEXT? ..... pretty young thing

This makes me feel so mature, experienced and helpful. Don't bruise my ego :heehee:

Sending a warm hug and lots of love :loveshwr:
You're going to do great!!!!
 
I have a teenaged son. As much as he and his friends joke about bodily functions, they would be shocked to hear us talking about praying to the poop gods! We had Mexican for my last supper. May not be the best choice but I did at least think twice and decided not to order the cheese enchiladas!
 
My sons are 18 & 21....they high fived me today when I told them the poop has left the building. Hahaha

I will be thinking of you, @SaraK! See you on the other side!!!!! ❤
 
Looking forward to the sedation So I can SLEEP! I got about an hour's sleep then woke up and haven't been able to get back to sleep. Aaaargh!
 
So other than my pooping, today sucked. I am so sore and tired. I am having muscle cramps and spasms through the night.....is that normal? Probably is but gosh it's driving me insane. Last night I was also climbing the walls with my knee screaming....so I hobbled out for another ice pack wondering what sort of joke is this, I go in for a hip replacement and come out with one longer leg and a knee that feels like it's out of joint! Hahaha I'm sincerely hoping for a more restful night. The sleep deprivation is starting to wear thin. :tiredwheel:

I felt bad too cuz my neighbour came over and all I could do was sound like Debbie downer. She was so sweet, asking if there was absolutely anything she could do....I just started to cry.....which made her cry cuz she's just so sweet and sensitive and perimenopausal she felt so bad for me...which made me person more and in turn she sobbed more. Haha AI YI YI Our husbands just shook their heads and went back to the garage. Hahaha :heehee:
 
Sorry you've had a bad day. All of it sounds totally normal and likely to pass very quickly! I recall the super sore knee for a few days last time. My entire back and pelvis are nauseatingly sore....I hear ya.

Tomorrow is a new day for you!
 
Oh dear there’s been a few tears about! All part of the journey though. I’m currently wearing my thermoskin on my poor knee. It’s been playing up on and off post op. And my back just went on me when I was washing up :groan: Now in my recliner with my dear little Bunny dog and I’m not moving till bedtime!
 
The sore knee is really a drag. My knee wats painful before surgery due to my hip. After surgery it was also painful. Muscle spasms are also part of the deal. I had a horrible one last night in right hip and it is sore this am from it-lets me know surgery plan is right. I know it is frustrating but you are only 11 days out. You are making good progress. Sounds like you have a wonderful neighbor!
 
Happy Saturday @danabanana
That poor knee took a beating. Imagine it being clenched and manipulated like a gear switch to dislocate that hip. Think about if you buy a whole chicken and cut it up yourself before cooking. You know how that goes....
Cracking and wiggling back and forth to separate...sorry for the visual.
Mine is still mildly tight, or swollen at 5 months out.
Your story about the neighbor is heartwarmimg and sweet, but funny too.
Can you imagine what men think of us blubbering fools! Oh sweet, danabanana you know it will all get better.
 
@Layla you make me so glad my procedure doesn't involve dislocation the hip that way!
 
Well, when you put it that way @Layla, I'm not surprised because that is certainly how my knee feels....abused!!!

So, Little man, my 8 yr old stepson, has the flu!!! Poor kiddo is running a temp and coughing up a lung. Mommy picks him up after work so just trying to keep him comfy. He shares his week between us and his Mom... With us Wed, Thurs, Friday, and usually half Saturdays or until she's done work. He had a good few days at least before this bug hit. Feel kinda bad though because he was at a birthday party yesterday after school and you're most contagious just prior to being symptomatic. That's how he got sick too, the cousins were over Wednesday evening and two of them got sick the next morning. Oh well...can't bubble wrap them. Just poor timing with me being laid up. My Mil is amazing, doing her usual load of work plus mine, but she's getting tired. She lives with us and honesty, she's the best Mil anyone could ask for. I just adore her and I'm so grateful.

Anyhow.....on a funny note, I was changing my bandage and little man was curious. So I asked if he wanted to see the staples, which of course he did, but I cautioned him, "You might see a bit of my Butt" to which he replies "COOL!!" bwhahahaha :rotfl: Like father, like son! :heehee:

My night was crappy. I was awake from 4:30-6:30 am....I would doze and immediately awaken with each twinge and ache and spasm. My foot was bugging me too....I have it sort of dangle off the pillows but it feels so heavy, so then I move it back and my heel starts to hurt. Then it kinda feels like my entire leg isnt quite getting enough circulation. I still can't get comfy on my side but I keep trying. I'm keeping a good attitude so my family doesn't get sick of me...but I gotta tell ya, I'm pretty sick of me hahaha
 
So sorry you're having trouble sleeping! Everything is so much better when you get enough sleep! You might check with your doc about getting a sleep aid to use short term.
 
Well to Celebrate my 12 days post op, I sat in a chair for the first time and watched a bit of Hockey with the fam, and since I've been off the Dilaudid since Tuesday and only Tramacet at night.....I'm enjoying a large glass of wine (I was told I'm permitted one glass, but it wasn't specified the size...hehehe) I imagine as I get more and more mobile I'll need to amp up the tramacet again to compensate for the aches and pains, but for today, I've earned this tumbler glass of wonderful fermented grape juice. Hehe Mmmmm it's beautiful!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom