THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Oh dear it doesn’t take much to make us happy sometimes.... May you poop very soon! Hope you’re feeling better soon too. Lots of happy vibes aimed your way :hi:
 
Just think about how much weight you can lose in a single day when the Poop Fairy does come! (If the Poop Fairy gives out money like the Tooth Fairy, I'm not sure I want to find out where it's hidden).
 
3 ply - gotta find some of that! And I'll be trying to track that Poop Fairy down real soon. Either that or start taking the BP meds they started me on just before last THR. I didn't realize the major diarrhea they gave me until I stopped taking the pain meds - then I understood why I hadn't had any problems with constipation!
 
So while I'm on my pity pot (not pooping....still:gaah:) I may as well say it......I'm grieving over shoes. Such a first world problem, I know, but I have oodles of cute sandals and flip flops that now I won't be able to wear thanks. Oh darn....now cue the waterworks.:bawl: Seriously?! Over shoes!? I'm tragic!:doh: My Tear Towel just finally finished drying! :cry:

Covers are now going over my head. I'm done life-ing for today. :swoon:
 
Why won’t you be able to wear them?
 
You may find you will get back to the shoes. However, as you will find others have said, you may need to replace due to the old wear pattern. The flip flogs, uhm, have the reputation of being not good for hips--but you are a different drummer, so who knows?!
 
I remember it ALL...oh my stars.
If you want some distraction on the misery loves company front...look at my old posts from this time.
What a whiner I was.:bawl: Rightfully so! This is a major surgery and poor us for having to get through it...and Yay us for getting through it.
I walk beautifully now, if I can say so myself...I look and feel ten years younger.
All temporary and worth it.
Hang in there new hippies.:friends:
 
Just catching up here, first of all big Yeah for those of us past the menopause....and no more of that other stuff.
Second, please ladies no poo to be under the pillowcase for the Poo Fairy, we might have issues to deal with but we do have standards lol.
Third, shoes oh yes I remember feeling really miffed that my nice shoe days were over. Last year I had to have a raised heel insole made for about 2cm difference. It did help, and I did tell surgeon at first meeting, I have a fleeting memory of mentioning this again to anaethetist (still can't spell) at the very last minute. Since the op I never used the insoles and quite honestly never noticed the difference, no more limping over to one side. So perhaps surgeon did do something after all. I'm not going to put insoles in as I'm now walking much better. Perhaps he just chopped a bit of the longer leg but I'm not complaining. But maybe maybe I might be able to look at new shoes later.
 
Why won’t you be able to wear them?
My leg length difference is quite significant. I'm going to need an orthodic lift. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun but at night I can't help the crazy neighbourhood my mind walks into all alone. Haha
 
Last edited:
My leg length difference is quite significant. I'm going to need an orthodic lift. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun but at night I can't help the crazy neighbourhood my mind walks into all alone. Haha
Oh no that is a shame :sorry:
 
So here....check out the difference. Crazy!!!! :flabber:


[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
I have shoe issues too @danabanana I'm in mourning over it somedays.
I look at them wistfully and sigh. Some too high. I fear twisting an ankle, then falling.
Others...not supportive enough for the new equipment I'm sportin'
Some too much of an effort to get off or on. BUT I guess the tradeoff is losing the pain
AND the limp. Many of the shoes gathered dust as the limp took center stage.
The limp, coupled with some of the shoes, was not a hot look!
Boo-hoo-hoo :boohoo:
 
:happydance::happydance:WE HAVE POOP!!!! :happydance::happydance:
I am not even exaggerating when I say last night, after my shoe meltdown, I decided to meditate on pooping. Hahaha oh my word am I a crazy person! I got out my DiGize essential oil (it is wonderful stuff, always helps my gut pains and tummy woes when my Crohns is being difficult), as it's said its also good for constipation if you massage it around your abdomen in a clockwise pattern, tracing your digestive tract. So I did that for about 5 Min's and prayed to the Poop God's, bring me poop! HAHA It was like a rain dance, but for poop! :rofsign:

Anyhow, no clue if that is what finally brought it, but no doubt the combination of Restoralax, Stool Softeners, h2o, prune juice, and no more Dilaudid did the trick! Haha I sound like I'm 80! :heehee:
Now I'll just have to see if the Poop Fairy leaves me a treat. Hahaha
 
So happy for you (it's the little things in life). It could be the combination, and also the fact that after any container has no more room . . . .
 
@Layla You're so right....being rid of the pain is definitely worth more than any pairs of cute shoes and mine were collecting dust as well, cuz I couldn't wear them with all my pain going on. That and it would have looked ridiculous limping in platform Sexy shoes with a cane. Hahaha
 
:wowspring:Well, I'll bet that took a load off....literally :heehee:

Yahoo for you :yay: :happydance:
 
Yay for poop! :heehee:
Glad I’m not really into shoes. I’m all for comfort.
 
Back
Top Bottom