Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Sounds like progress @danabanana!

I had a teary day yesterday...period today and maybe even an extra special visitor called trush (or heat rash).

Otherwise I feel great for a week post op. Got up and dressed, make up and hair and all. Walk then rest. Made my own lunch and watched netflix. Lying down now to soak up sone healing vibes!

Over and out!

Oh yeah...sexy time when you ready for sure. Dont wait until Jan 18th....thats crazy talk. Ill be back on the horse before you!
 
@beckylou first day of makeup for me too. Felt nice. I would have done more than my usual hair piled on top of my head, but I wasn't feeling too well. My Crohns has been rearing it's ugly head...it's pretty crappy! Haha *groan*

Sexytime soon....as soon as I can convince hubby he's not going to break me. HAHA
 
Thanks Hun. It sure is! Next week I can resume my Crohns meds.....thought I'd be able to this week but OS said he'd like me to wait until next week, giving my incision time to heal from the staple removal holes. Pfffft fine! :blackcloud:
 
Sorry you’re not feeling well. Those screws are something!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Mine..One with..one without...don't know why.
 
Too much of that "walking" business yesterday .... My calves, quads, hams, and hip are all yelling at me. I already forsee my day as full of elevating and icing. But.....I'm happy to report.....there was hanky panky. Felt like virgins again, both awkward and unsure, and over before you know it. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofsign:
 
Oh, oh I think you won! @danabanana
Did you ever hear of a country song Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy?
It's really a song (Big & Rich) was on the radio and I don't even listen to country music.
Well, @beckylou said she was going to get back on that horse b 4 you,
sounds like you bypassed the horse :rotfl:

I feel like we're being naughty school girls and we're going to get sent to the principals office.
So most importantly, how are those hips......Hips Don't Lie says Shakira.
 
High five Dana! :wowspring:

Off to get my staples out....nothing to report but anticipate I will need a restful day after all that out and about business.

Day 10 post op and I am as active/well as I was Day 20 last tine around. I think my body has this memorized!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Mine..One with..one without...don't know why.
Amazing!!!! So, you really don't know why there are screws in one? My OS said it's common if there isn't enough bone for support. My pelvis isn't typical so he had a hard time. I don't know what the real deal is because you know they only tell you so much...either way, I'm screwed. HAHAHA
 
Wishing you a good one @danabanana
Hope yesterday's rest and icing helped and that you're feeling better.
Thanks for all the laughs you provide. It can be the best medicine :loll:
 
Awww thanks @Layla :roseshwr:

So.....hubby has put me in hiding because of my poor immune system. The Flu has infiltrated our house. Stepson who's 8, who first got sick Saturday with fever and aches is hacking and on antibiotics now for throat infection. My Mil is also hacking and has been in bed since yesterday afternoon. Both my sons are working today but thankfully hubby was off, so he's been Mr Nursemaid to us three but I can tell he's starting to unravel. But he's also feeling quite proud of himself at the same time, as he announced how he loaded, ran, and unloaded the dishwasher, put the laundry from the wash into the drier, made soup for little man, and now he's about to make some oven fish and chips. So I've been sure to praise his efforts above all else...stroke that ego before he comes unglued at the stress of being Mr Mom. Hehehe such a dear but oh so dramatic. And I'm getting some mild eyerolls when I ask for a new icepack or a beverage. :heehee: Oh I hear my one son helping...he got home from work early today....the kitchen racket has increased. Not sure how this is going to turn out....its almost the blind leading the blind. Time for me to turn up the volume on Netflix otherwise I could end up hobbling out there to micromanage. :whistle:

My hip is being ornery...griping away. A deep throbbed ache at the top of my thigh, where it bends...so naggy.... And then sharp intermittent pains on the side where my incision is. :boohoo:
 
Last edited:
Update: so far the fire alarms have not gone off. Hubby just came to humble brag. Haha then he flopped on the bed with a big sigh. I rubbed his head and told him how amazing he is. Then he flounced off, like a contented puppy that just had a wonderful tummy scratch. :puppysmooze:
 
Last edited:
It's always amazing how heroic and monumental the tasks are when they complete them when it's just a small part of what we do every day. But it is best to praise their work or they may refuse to do it! In my case, my only nursemaid is my 16 YO son and he's at school during the day - definitely had to learn to fend for myself early.
 
Back
Top Bottom