THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

So with my fever business and now the flu running rampant, my daughter hasn't been able to come over with Reiya. We chat on messenger everyday and she sends me pictures and videos.

So here's a picture of how baby Reiya feels about the current situation.....

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Last edited:
:rofsign: @Susan209 Yes infact it's all brains, beauty, and tongues out! :yahoo:

It's 1am and I'm struggling to sleep tonight. I'm so tired but these intermittent sharp pains where my incision is are driving me nuts. It's like dozens of needles driving deep into hip and thigh. I'm not doing anything when it happens either. It's super frustrating....*insert selfie of tongue sticking out here *
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounding normal @danabanana! Are you still itching? We get so many twinges, needles and sharp pains during recovery. Are you taking something for pain? Granddaughter is adorable. Think about time you will spend with her sooner than you think.
 
Hi @danabanana
First.......that baby! So cute!!
I recall those incision pains but not super painful. A lot of prickly sensations, stuff like that. Believe it or not you kind of forget, at least I have.

Don't know if you're trying this but I fell asleep every night with a decent sized ice pack wedged between myself and the arm of the recliner I slept on (on my back) for the first 3 weeks. I slept regularly and soundly for 3-4 hour shifts, wake for bathroom break, hubby would get me fresh ice pack and I'd sleep soundly for another 3-4 hrs. I swear it was the ice that helped me!!
Try it overnight..if you're not already.....
 
@Layla yes...I do sleep with icepacks. I couldn't imagine trying to cope without them.
Happy to know my incision pain is normal.....I'm really frustrated today at my inability to be normal. All the guys are at work, hubby until midnight, so it's me and two sick people, whom I'm not to be around because of my poorly immune system. If I get sick, I won't be able to start back on my Crohns medication next week and I need to be back on it as I'm suffering terribly without it. I'm curled in my bed with icepacks to soothe my aches and hot tea to soothe my anxiety. Hoping my sons can manage some sort of dinner later.....and not set fire to the house.....I haven't showered so I don't want hot firemen showing up! Hahaha
 
Cute baby!!

This recovery nonsense is very trying. I've been really drained the last few days so just taking it really easy. @danabanana ....I've had sleeping tablets for the past 12 nights and going to wean off them now. I'm sure it'll be insomnia for a few nights for me. Its crazy because last time I had the op I slept 10 hrs a night without aids.

Mmmmmm....hot fireman....
 
Ah yes I remember sleeping with ice packs. The things we do lol I hope you’re feeling a bit better soon and you definitely don’t want those germs :bignono:
 
@beckylou good to see you.....glad you're doing okay aside from this recovery **** feeling endless. Good luck with the sleeping tablet weaning....and no insomnia. I get insomnia often and it's the pits! I lie there contemplating all things of great importance such as where did my favorite pair of socks end up, do toilets really flush in the opposite direction in Japan, and where is Waldo?:bored:

Thanks ladies for the continued heaps of support...I sure appreciate it. :roseshwr:
 
:hi:Thanks for the laughs....you're a joy!
I'm so sorry you're having a rough day. Also that you suffer with Crohn's and especially now without your meds.
That's a lot!! Add to that, boring old recovery :blackcloud:
I suppose it gets lonely even with others in the home
when you need to isolate in an effort to protect yourself from getting sick. At least when hubby's home you have company. But the great thing is in all of this you still find the humor. You're a sweetheart, @danabanana :loveshwr:
Hope your sons fixed you a yummy dinner by now and you're feeling better with them back home, not as lonely. Tell your sons no fires unless you're in "full drag". That's my terminology for hair and makeup (on)
 
Oh no. No flu, I mean it.
Hope today is a Good Day.
 
Ohhhh dear....despite my hiding in my room pumping vitamins and H2O while binging on Netflix and choccies, my throat is feeling icky and I have a headache. :groan:Mil is still in the throws of it (As I hobbled past her room to get a new ice pack I noticed she's got the covers over her head), little man is coughing but is feeling better than he was because his mood has improved significantly -hes no longer saying he's dying (so dramatic, just like his Dad haha), and Hubby went to work but was saying he's feeling hot and cold flushes. So far my two older sons are okay. Fingers crossed, because if all 3 guys go down I'll then have 3 man-children to care for, and one manchild is already more than enough-one manchild is the equivalent of 3 toddlers.:gaah: Haha NOW, If this hits me, I'm gonna be super bummed....like the kind of bummed when you are looking forward to those delicious leftovers for dinner when you get home only to open the fridge and see someone ate them! :bignono:
Anyhow...hip is hurting. I think I moved wrong last night in my sleep because my other hip was aching. Lots of ice today. Oh the joy. This feels like forever and it's only been 2.5weeks!!!! :banghead:
 
Right now it does feel like forever @danabanana but it has been a short time. We are impatient people, especially her in th U.S., we are not good at giving time time. Hope you can avoid the sickies!
 
Oh NO! @danabanana
After all your efforts to stay well! Fingers crossed it disappeared over night :fingersx:
Hopefully with hubby home this weekend you won't feel as isolated having someone who's
not sick to talk to now and then. I remember recovery does get kind of annoying at this point.
You feel good enough to not be lying down constantly but obviously not good enough to
go out Christmas shopping. I hope you are feeling better and have a good day!
 
Back
Top Bottom