THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Wonderful news on the trip to the mall. It sounds like you handled it well, Dana.
Nothing like some girl time and shopping :) :-) (:
I'm happy the lift has brought you some relief allowing you to feel comfortable getting out for a time.
Hopefully you'll soon get answers and be able to move forward without pain.
You're so positive through all....it's admirable.
Hope your day is peaceful!
@danabanana
 
@AgilityDog sadly, there's no such thing here...only to try a different drug that is covered, which we have tried. It's a drag.

@MammaT I'm pretty sure the inflammation and stiffness is the THR because that's where it's feeling like it is.

Thank you @Gretel and @Layla I'm so grateful for the little outings. I don't like the mall typically or shopping but I had a $25 gift card for Old Navy that I've had for ages so thought it a good day to use it. I found a zipup hoody that's got a thick fuzzy interior. Regular price was $54.99 and it was on sale for $13.99. It's a men's large so it's longer to cover my supersized toosh. Haha it'll keep me warm when I'm out shuffling around the block with my Bestie, looking for a good place to ditch the 25lbs I've gained. Hahaha Anyhow, next I scooped a T-shirt for around the house. Nothing at all fashionable, just functional. Says something on the front about partying all night long in New York. Maybe...one day. :heehee:
 
Sounds like you made that gift card stretch! For some reason, @danabanana,I can visualize you partying all night long in New York. Maybe have that as reward once you get your hip healed. In fact, hook up with @SaraK there (and post the video for us).

Hope hip wasn’t overly bothered by your outing.
 
New York is actually on my Bucket List, of places to go! So I would likely party all night.... And @SaraK would have to come too, absolutely!!! I need my hippy hippy shake buddy!!!

So that brings me to what is now not on my Bucket List of places to go....Australia.
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Hi Dana,
Its great to hear you enjoyed the mall. It sounds like you found some great bargains.
Hopefully you didn't suffer too much afterward.
A great rest of the week to you!
@danabanana
 
We have some decent spiders here :heehee:. I only kill the nasty ones. The others are fine. When I was a kid I used to pick them up and frighten Mum. Your shopping trip sounded very successful. Love a bargain.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
A lot of common house spiders can be the size of the palm of your hand. Some are bigger. Luckily they aren’t very venomous...a bite can cause swelling, redness, headache and nausea.

I was bitten by a much smaller spider (also considered fairly harmless) a few months ago. I ended up having to have surgery on it. You can see the puncture wounds.

Now funnel web spiders...eek.
 
I didn’t post the bad photo. Thought it was a bit too gross.
 
:thud: that's not the "bad photo" :what:
Oooweee.
We have brown recluse...they will rot flesh quickly also.
The little ones can be wicked too.
 
@Gidget - Most of us have had gross looking gashes (in the early days) on our bodies and you still think that picture would be too gross? I shudder to think of how bad it could be!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom