THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Scrumpdillyiscious!
That has to be the highlight of your day. Seeing her or getting those pics.
Hope your day is going well and your pain isn't overwhelming, Dana,
Enjoy the evening!
@danabanana
 
Hi Dana
You've been kind of quiet. I hope you're still hanging in there and feeling okay.
Best of luck with your GP appt on Monday. We'll be thinking of you.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
@danabanana
 
Hi @Layla and fellow bone smarties!

I'm okay, I have a few stressors going on financially that I just needed to unplug and go off the grid for a few days. I'm super frustrated at how helpless I feel to find a solution to some things....I'm such a natural optimist and I'm solution driven so when I can't find that magic, I feel lost, chasing that Unicorn. :catbutterfly:
Pain-wise....not much change. Not much walking this week either. The weather has been awful!!! Too awful to drive in even, so I couldn't get out to the mall to walk. It's supposed to settle back into seasonal norms next week. It's presently blizzarding out!!!!! :bawl:
Buttttttt....look at my little ray if sunshine!!!
:roseshwr:
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
She's precious, Dana.....so are you. I'm happy she brings such light and joy to your life.
I'm sorry for your pain and frustrations. Things can only get better.
Prayers that all begins to fall into place for you. You've been so patient through all.
My heart goes out to you. Sending hugs your way :console2:
@danabanana
 
I love chubby baby legs!!! She's such a cutie-patootie! I hope the weather does let up soon so that you can get out (and your daughter can come over). I think today's prescription is hot buttered rum! Perfect for blizzards.
 
Just stopping by to say "hi" to you Dana! I'm sorry things are becoming even more frustrating for you but I feel that your life will take a turn for the better now. I can relate to the blizzarding as we have similar weather. It can get depressing but we are on the downside of winter and spring will be showing up before too much longer. Hang in there! Just keep thinking about that adorable little sunshine you have there!! She is a sweetie!!
 
You guys are waiting for the weather to warm up and I’m waiting for it to cool! I hope things are improving for you soon Dana :SUNsmile:
 
Gosh I sure appreciate you all!!!!!:loveshwr:

@GrannyC that is hilarious!!!! :heehee:

Not much to report. Did some baking, not for me to eat! :no-fin:
.....today took my oldest son go get a haircut at the mall so my Bestie and younger son tagged along to mall walk with me. Felt nice to get out!!!

Tomorrow is my Dr appt. Woop Woop!!! :yahoo:

I'm tired so gonna be an early night. Translation: I'll be wide awake at midnight and an insomniac by 2am. Hahaha
 
Glad you got out today, Dana. A change of scenery helps.
Let us know how your appointment goes...We're all rooting for you!
Hope you get some sleep tonight :sleep:
@danabanana
 
I hope you get some answers at your doctor appointment today.
We all want you in the road to getting healed.
:praying:
 
I’m glad you liked the picture. I figured you could use a laugh. I hope your dr visit yesterday brought a few answers. Hopefully you’ll get a chance to give us an update soon. Thinking of you!
 
Okay.....so....*deep breath* first, I love my family Dr. For those that may have missed my mentioning him previously, I've been fortunate to have him as my Dr since I was 11!!!! Pretty unique! Ironically, he doesn't seem to age....I swear he still looks like he did even 20 yrs ago!!! I think he and his wife, who is also a Dr and does a couple days a week in the same clinic, have been dipping their toes into a secret fountain of youth somewhere. I asked him-whats up with this looking so young? He just shrugged and laughed....but didn't give me an answer...hmmm
Okay anyhow, so he did a thorough physical exam. He does believe I have trochanteric bursitis, BUT he also isn't ruling out the possibility that the stem is loose. Sooooo he's pushing through a referral to a surgeon. In the meantime, based my my other pain symptoms, he believes I have some nerve damage so I'm trialing Gabapentin for a month and will see him end of March to reassess.

I felt so good leaving the appt....he heard me out, examined me, didn't dismiss my concerns and questions, and honestly felt my frustration with me. The wait for an appt with a surgeon will still be awhile but I'm pleased with the direction we are going. Best case, the bursitis heals and the nerve pain calms and things improves. We shall see. He also said to come in sooner if my pain increases.

So...all in all was good!

Now, today I'm feeling tired. I will close with a ridiculous thing that happened the other day while mall walking. This is bizarre.....so brace yourselves....
I
Got
Farted on! :thud:
By some punk walking through the mall! He walked towards me, the girl with him was laughing and she sort of split off to the side, and just as he got next to me where I paused cuz it felt like he was going to walk right into me, he turns to the side so his Butt faces me, and let's out a loud gaseous noise, then keeps walking!!! I'm just standing there.....in shock and disbelief.... And I said to Hubby "That guy...he... just, Farted on me!" Hubby was like "What the WHAT!?" only more colourful language hahaha! The guy and the chick took off running.

So...ummm....that's a first! :nah:
 
Last edited:
No words.... That prank (if you can call it that) was in a Netflix series called American Vandal...
 
Oh good grief! What amuses some people....
Glad your doctors appointment went well. It makes such a difference when someone really listens to you!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom