THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Thanks @Layla it'll all work out, I'm sure. Happy Valentine's Day to you!!!!! ❤ ❤ ❤ :loveshwr:


My daughter made the cutest collage of Reiya...had to share. I told her that with the headband and bloomers, Reiya looks like. Yoga Baby! Hahahaha
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Came here this morning looking for my baby fix and there she is!! Adorable!
Something about girl babies all in pink, she sure looks like she is having fun with mamma and the camera.
 
I’ve been thinking about you so I’m glad to see your pedothist report. It sounds like a good visit to that office so now on to the GP. Hopefully he will agree you need to see someone else. It would seem to me it would be good to see an OS that is NOT affiliated with the same office. I would think an OS could administer that shot plus address your hip issue all at once. But maybe I’m being overly optimistic. I’m sorry about the medical bills but over the long run it will all sort itself out. You need the medical attention to improve so you can return to work. Hang in there, Dana! You will conquer and overcome this whole issue! :yes!::yes!::yes!:
 
So adorable! I can just imagine the little sounds she's making.
Makes me want a baby....I want a do over :tantrum:
Aaah, on second thought....maybe not :heehee:
Hope your day is great, Dana.
@danabanana
 
Hi @danabanana. Hope that headache is subsiding. Sorry that recovery is putting pinch on finances, you really don’t need that extra stress. Are prescriptions not covered under Canadian healthcare? Here in US coverages are determined by your plan. I’m fortunate in that my employer plan is fairly good (part of why I wanted to get hip done before retirement).

Hope you get some relief from your various issues. Hoping hip is just the bursitis ( which can be very painful).
 
I promise to comment more later, but I just had to pop in before I go off to LA LA land (so long as my insomnia and hip doesn't be a nuisance), to share today's Baby Fix picture because....baby Reiya turned 3 Mons old!!!!! I'm so blessed! No matter how tough the road feels at times for me, this little bundle of perfection makes it all fade away. She's my little pot of gold at the end of Rainbow.
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
. I would think an OS could administer that shot plus address your hip issue all at once.
Unfortunately he doesn't do those injections...the Sports Medicine Dr is the one that does. It's fine by me...he is a chill guy and will be much more informative to chat with about my issue vrs my OS who said the pain is just "Lack of exercise". OS won't care much unless the injection fails to confirm the bursitis, because then I'll he for sure pursuing the loose stem route.

Are prescriptions not covered under Canadian healthcare?

Yes and no. I'm on basic medical coverage, so loads of things are covered by my basic monthly payment but not everything. Prescription drugs, while loads are covered for me, there are certain ones that are not. Anything with Tramadol or Toradol, for instance are not covered. I can get Morphine however...but it's doesn't work. I can't get Celebrex but can get Naproxen which doesn't work. It's frustrating. The diagnostic injection costs 40....seeing the Pedorthist, Chiropractor, PT, massage therapist...all cost out of pocket unless you have extended insurance. Which I don't because I can't afford the premiums. When I'm able to return to work, I can get the extended health back.
 
Thanks for explanation @danabanana. That is really rather like it works here, different plans have different coverages- my insurance is different from my sons. Some scripts are two dollars, others may not be covered at all. Health care is just complicated.

Hope next doctor’s visit gets you some answers and relief.
 
Love the latest Reiya installment.
Especially bottom right with the tongue.....so adorable!
I wanna bite her cheek.....just a little nibble, I promise :heehee:
So precious!
Hope your day has been going well, Dana
Big hugs!
@danabanana
 
Very interesting, @danabanana . For some reason, I thought Canadians got free health coverage. I have no idea where I got that from but I learned something new. It is interesting how much health coverage and doctor access varies from one country to another. I hope you are able to get some answers soon.
 
Basic coverage is a lot. Honestly. My $75 /mon gives me oodles of coverage....mri, CT, my new hip...it's all covered. It's the additional things that start to add up....the extra expenses you may not know until the time comes...like a prescription. When all my other scripts are no cost and then suddenly one is $145 you go "Wait....what?!" and there's no coupon or alternative. The no-cost to me is already a generic so can't save more there. It literally becomes a choice of I either pay for it or go without.
 
Happy Sunday Evening Bone Smarties!!!

Yesterday I went to the mall with one of my Besties. I'm so thrilled to have the heel lift...while not perfect, I feel like I have gained back some freedom being able to walk without that such a huge gimpy waddle! Think less Penguin and more Hippo. Hahaha
I still brought my cane with me because I'm very sore; the leg feeling heavy and awkward and I can feel the stiffness and inflammation. We also got slammed with a snow storm that plunged us into December again and every surface turned into a slippery mess! Bleck!

Today was a chill day. I watched some mindless TV while sipping tea and icing my hip. Did some laundry and cooked some chicken for Caesar Salad and Wraps for dinner. Now I'm icing again after all my kitchen duties, watching "Worst Cooks in America"-The only cooking show that boosts my cooking self esteem. Hahaha
 
Glad you got the chance to get out @danabanana. Using the cane and the lift is better than no mobility. Hopefully some of the inflammation and stiffness improves. Do you think that is all result of thr or are some of your other medical conditions impacting it?
 
Great you got out. It feels so good to get out and be nearly normal! Sorry you’re feeling stiff and sore though :groan:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom