THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

No words.... That prank (if you can call it that) was in a Netflix series called American Vandal...

Figures!!!! Im laughing now but only because it was just truly the most bizarre thing I've ever experienced. "Remember that time at the Mall I got Farted on by a stranger?" just never was a part of my imagined experiences. Hahahaha
 
You couldn't reach prankster with that cane Dana?
Glad you've got some things to work on and will be super helpful to see what revision surgeon might say.
I hope today is a Good Day.:roseshwr:
 
Hi Dana,
I'ts good to hear you had a positive visit with your GP. Hopefully you're dealing with Trochanter Bursitis
and not a loose stem. I guess time will tell. Prayers for healing and continued patience.

That Mall Stinker....what a foolish idiot. It's amazing what amuses some people. Can you imagine the level of intelligence that actually plans and executes such nonsense.
Hope you have a relaxing afternoon and evening.
@danabanana
 
@Mojo333 I almost did beat him with the cane....if my reflexes had been faster and my jaw hitting the floor hadn't almost tripped me, I would have definitely gotten at least one good poke! Haha

Happy to report, hubby and I braved the Mall to walk today and there was no random farters aimed at me. Lol Hubby did say though that there was a few fellows that were "TOTALLY, checking you out!" bwhahhaha omgosh, I laughed. He was quite serious. I argued with him almost another full lap of the mall that those guys were more than likely trying to figure out what my deal was with a cane and a wibble wobble. He simply said "Baby....I'm a Guy. I know that look. Cuz I'm a Guy!" :rotfl:
 
I have to tell you all something so funny.....So, there are certain words that if typed here at BS are automatically replaced with alternative words to keep things polite. So turns out the word "F a r t" is automatically replaced with the word "Man"!

:rofsign: sorry Guys!!! Not my choice.
 
Here's the screen shot of what I just typed before I hit "post reply"
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<


:rotfl::rofsign::loll:
 
Autocorrect can definitely give you interesting things sometimes. I had someone I was dealing with once who was a royal pain in the tush. Everyone I typed his name, my computer changed it to "headache". Well, yeah, I could agree with that but did .Have to go into dictionary and add his name so that it didn't accidentally (maybe accidentally on purpose) get left in an email or letter to him.
 
Hi Dana,
It's the profanity filter.
Just don't forget you have a weapon (cane) next time a man tries to man on you :heehee:
Hope your weekend is great!
@danabanana
 
Happy Sunday!!! Hoping this finds you all well. Not much to report...the weather has been a touch better so my Bestie and I have been walking outside rather than the Mall. There's a park not far from my house that has a 850m loop cement walking/running path. So, it's a nice and safe way to shuffle along seeing as the city has to keep it cleared of snow and ice. Lots of older folks go there to walk so I won't spend too much time bemoaning the fact that I'm getting lapped by 80yr olds!!! Hahaha

Still dealing with tenderness on the new hip side but the Gabapentin has been helping lessen the sharp pains and electric feeling spasms. I see my hospital Rehabilitation PT person tomorrow to go over how I'm doing and feeling. It's another stop along the way to getting to the bottom of my pain-trochanteric bursitis or loose stem. Frankly I'm bored to death with the entire affair. I'm contemplating just going into a cave for the rest of winter for a long nap and come out with the Bears as the berries blossom in Spring. Yah?

Okay, enough of that business....I'll close with this cutie patootie. She's growing soooooo fast it feels!!! Little Princess Reiya!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Hi @danabanana
Came to find a baby fix and there she is!!! She looks like such a happy baby! And I know I haven't seen her in the same outfit twice so she must be growing fast. I can just hear the cute sound effects going with the pics!

So I have trochanteric bursitis and wondered if you can have a cortisone injection or maybe not given your medical hx? Anyway I did have the injection and it had a local also. Doc wanted to use it diagnostically to see if that was really my issue last summer. It was. Well, one of them anyway, the pain quieted down quite well til the local wore off. Pain Came back and hasn't left. My OS's both believe it's tied into the hip at this point.

Anyway just wondering if you had tried the injection to see if you had relief from it.
Glad to hear you're getting outside to walk. Long lonesome winter this year!
 
Yummy, little cutie pie!
Thanks for sharing that lil dumpling with us.

I'm sure you are tired of this, Dana.
It's sad and frustrating and I'll bet it seems never ending.
Hugs, hugs, hugs! I feel for you....
@danabanana
 
I'm glad you were able to get out some and walk with your Bestie. That has to have an effect on your outlook - between that and that cutie, you must be walking in the clouds! I'm glad the gaba is giving you some relief and that things are at least moving along with getting input from more medical professionals to pinpoint the issue. Take care!
 
Hey, Dana, how's it going? I hope the session with the rehabilitation PT was helpful or at least illuminating. I also hope you've been quiet on here because you're out having fun with your Bestie or your hubby. I'm going to my mom's house this weekend (the Christmas trip that got postponed 3 times so far) so I won't be dancing. I'm going to need a baby fix to get me through it, so it's up to you to post some new pics!
 
Checking in. Life has gotten in the way of my being able to just eat bon-bons and sit on Bonesmart.org all day! Hahaha

The front leg pain isn't as prominent lately. PT has me walking and doing some daily stretching...the weather being Spring-ish is wonderful. My Bestie is my daily walking buddy and we are doing about 30Min's a day. Nothing like a marathon, so don't worry. I revisit PT next Monday. The Gabapentin has been helping the nerve pain but I just can't function on it during the day-i become narcoleptic and drooling all over myself LOL-so I only take it at night.

It's my daughter's 23rd Birthday today....so let me include a picture of her an I, circa 1995 before sleep deprivation and colic came into play hahaha

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Glad you are finding some relief @danabanana. 30 minutes is a healthy walk and is certainly an improvement. Hopefully your progress continues.

Enjoy your daughter’s birthday!
 
Hi Stranger! @danabanana
What wonderful news that life has gotten in the way.
That's why we put ourselves through this. It's great to hear you're finding some relief.
Such a cute photo of you and your daughter! I hope she has a nice birthday.
Keep in touch.....Big hugs!
 
Such a great picture! My son's 23rd birthday was March 7 so those two were born less than a week apart.

I'm glad you're getting some relief and having fun seeing your Bestie, getting some air and walking all in one fell swoop! 30 minutes a day is a good amount of walking.

Enjoy your daughter's birthday - not least of which because it probably means you get some cuddle time with Reiya!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom