THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Sounds like you're going through what I did when I first found out I needed by first THR - the news affirmed the pain I'd had before and my brain refused to continue the denial. I hope you are able to get in soon. Any chance your OS would be willing to help expedite a second opinion? If he's so sure everything is fine, let him help prove it! Yeah, I know, probably ain't gonna happen!

Take care and try to get a baby fix- that usually helps your spirits!

I really love you all so much. I'm so grateful for every word!!!

Tuesday I see the Pedorthist so I'm hoping they can offer some direction. I can't get into my gp any sooner than the 26th because he's away on Holidays....I have my appt on his first day back in office.

So Curling.....sadly, I have no clue how the sport works. I make a terrible Canadian. Hahaha APPARENTLY it's loads of fun to play and if you play, it's then fun to watch. From my standpoint it's a bunch of yelling at rocks sliding down the ice.....oh being real good at handling a broom! Hahaha I like more aggression in my sports....Gimme loads of Hockey and Football!!!!

Last edited:
We love ya back, Dana
Hope your Saturday's been good...Hurry up 26th!
I wish you could get in sooner but sadly...it is, what it is.

I didn't realize Curling is Canadian. My nephew Curls and I've watched him a few times but didn't get it.
I guess they say it's like Bocce on ice :what:
My mom and I just watch and cheer like a good Auntie and Grandma
and then we look at each other and do this > :shrug: :heehee:

Good luck with your Pedorthist appt on Tues. Hoping it's insightful.
A great Sunday to you, Dana.....Hugs!
@danabanana

Gretel, I love ya....seriously. I don't know what a pedorthist is either:heehee:
Obviously someone who may be able to help her....someone has to help our Dana!

Don't like to be bothersome expecting people to answer questions. Annoying!
@Gretel

Last edited:
Pedorthist- a professional who has specialized training to modify footwear and employ supportive devices
to address conditions which affect the feet and lower limbs. They are trained in the assessment of lower limb anatomy and biomechanics and the appropriate use of corrective footwear.
So that would be to aid in her LLD.

Actually not a podiatrist, but an orthotist/prosthetist. I have a friend in this field, although she's mostly into the prosthetics part of it (artificial limbs). Hopefully none of us need that yet!

I had to Google it as well. At first I thought it was a type or an autocorrect but after 3 or 4 mentions with the same spelling, I decided it was time to check it out. One thought on that, Dana... I think it is good to get their thoughts and opinions but I think I’d be hesitant to do much without getting a second opinion on the hip first. I don’t know. It is a tough call but that was my initial thought on it. Whatever you decide to do, we are all here to support you and cheer you on. I know you will get this all sorted out. :yes!:

Me too. Thank goodness for Professor Google!
Dana, I hope your issues are resolved. Love your sense of humor. It's what gets us through tough times.

I'm with you on the curling. I never know how you would cheer on your team...sweep, sweep,sweep!:chinstroke:Get after that broom, you sweeper!

Hi Dana,
Just wondering how the weekend was for you. Hopefully you had many pain free moments.
Hoping your visit with the Pedorthist tomorrow proves beneficial. Wishing you luck.
Let us know how it goes..
A great week to you!
@danabanana

So....okay bear with me, I've had a 4 day long headache and my brain feels cloudy and my thoughts muddled.

My appt went well. The Pedorthist video'd my gait, measured, and then examed how my pelvis hip knee and foot compensate. I'm trialing a 15mm lift. It definitely felt better on my pelvis. This doesn't mean the pain I'm feeling though is related to the LLD. But.....if the pain is because of Trochanteric Bursitis, the lift could help eventually. I have to see my Dr to find out, which I will be because he agrees there's definitely something going on either way. It felt good to walk some with the lift after the appt to get groceries. I wasn't bumping up and down like a yoyo haha and my back felt better.

The internal shoe lift is not ideal for long walks or bouts of being on your feet as it's just at the heel lift so not very comfortable. So I will need to get some shoes modified with an external lift. For now I will be getting a new pair of athletic shoes to take in to have modified as sadly my couple pair I already have won't work. Sad cuz two pairs were almost new and don't fit with the interbal heel lift either. Dr gave me a list of what styles to look at that work best for the lift. I'm feeling hopeful that I can afford to do it sooner than later. Part of my depression is medical expenses that haven't been covered and I'm on a fixed income being off work until I'm well enough to return. It's stressful. Just that appt yesterday with the Pedorthist cost $100! Anyhow, I'm just going to use the lift in my boot for now and go from there. I NEED to get my mobility....the junk in my trunk is about to burst!!! Hahaha

Next up is my Dr appt with my GP on the 26th. It's been explained that if he feels ( and I'm truly hoping it is) the issue is Trochanteric Bursitis...from there I'd get an appt with the Sports Medicine Dr I saw prior to the THR and they'd do a novocaine/cortisone injection into the Bursa to diagnose it. If that works, great. If not, then we'd be looking at the stem.

In the meantime, ice and antiflammatories. I'm now out of my Tramacet and can't afford to refill it so I'm also just taking Tylenol. I'm also applying Voltaren rub....which helps a little on the side but not for the thigh.

In other news Valentine's Day. I'm not one to make much of a deal about it because it can be a sad day for so many people. But.....I do love it for the kids so look at my little Valentine !!! :roseshwr:
FB_IMG_1518651924699.jpg

Great pic! Maybe the sports medicine doctor could be a way to jump the line to see another OS - take xrays with you just in case you can get him/her to look at them. Happy Valentine's Day! :loveshwr::roseshwr::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

@SaraK he will have my xrays in the system because the offices are connected. Super Handy!!

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!! I'm presently celebrating it with an icepack on my hip......and an icepack on my head trying to keep what feels like my IQ from oozing out. Haha

Yummy baby! Draped in all those pretty colors!
First off...sorry about the headache, how awful....4 days?! :banghead:
I'm happy to hear the lift allowed you to enjoy a leisurely grocery shopping trip. I'll bet it felt wonderful!
I'm sorry the medical expense is depressing you and causing anxiety. You have enough going on, don't need that also. Prayers that the doc can figure out the problem at your next visit. Hopefully it's something treatable and not the stem. Prayers to that end!

I view Valentines Day as a day to express love to anyone so I'm sending you a hug :friends: some love :loveshwr:and a pretty flower too :flwrysmile:
Hope your evening is peaceful!
@danabanana

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88