Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

@Josephine would bone grow around the stem? That's basically what my OS said would happen when I mentioned the gap(s). But I recall reading in replies here from you that that's not really how it works. Any knowledge I have of this stuff all comes from reading this site to death! Haha

So truthfully, I wanted your input as my 1st second opinion before I went forward to push for a second opinion with a surgeon, although I am on a low priority wait list. It's such a hassle here in Canada.

I'm going to bring up what you've said when I see the Pedorthist on the 13th because they can help advocate for me. I'll be seeing my family Dr on the 26th and will discuss it with him as well. From that point I'll have a clearer idea of where to go to move this along.
 
and I think we are smart enough to recognize the difference between sore muscles and pain
RIGHT!?!? Gosh this is one of the single most things that has irritated me from the get-go...... I ran marathons for 8 yrs....I did regular cycling events and swimming events....I know muscle soreness!!! I know ITB pain!!! I know these types of pains and they don't behave like what I have been feeling. Ugh!

Anyhow, thank you!!! And I'm so glad you are feeling good. Big hugssss!!!!
 
Hey sweet lady,
I'm so sorry to read of Jo's suspicions. I hope that you are able to get a second opinion
with a different surgeon soon, either putting your mind at ease, or guiding you in your next steps.

While contemplating a revision causes anxiety it may be the necessary step to get you on track
and healing properly. You've been in pain for so long, my heart goes out to you in that. Waiting for all to ease and not finding any relief has to be very draining physically and emotionally.

You know we're here for you and will continue to be no matter what you learn.
Sending you a big hug and praying you get answers soon so you are able to move forward.
@danabanana
 
Thank you @Layla I've been so grateful for your comfort and support. You've been a constant that I've appreciated every step of the way. :loveshwr:

I need to throw out a public thank you to @SaraK who has become my soul sister and kindred spirit....bringing me regular laughter and rock solid optimism....also the occasional necessary nudge! Love ya!!!! :roseshwr:
 
One last thing.....my daughter sent me two samples of Reiya's birth announcement. I can't share them with anyone yet so I'm sharing with you all!

My heart!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
@danabanana Such a sweet newborn baby picture! She is precious.

I am praying for a quicker third opinion for you as our Josephine has weighed in as a second with her conciderable expertise.
Thank goodness you have the upcoming appointments with your two docs.
I'm glad you are trusting your instincts with your recovery.
 
Thank you Hun...my grandbaby seriously just melts me to pieces!!!

Thank goodness you have the upcoming appointments with your two docs.
I'm glad you are trusting your instincts with your recovery.

@BeBe exactly....my two docs have yet to fail me. My family Doc especially as he's been my Dr since I was 11yrs old!!!
 
Somehow @danabanana that all makes kind of sense, because you have been so held back by the pain that you are experiencing. Hopefully your GP or your Pedorthist can accelerate a referral for you for second opinion.

Reiya looks so blissful.
 
Dana, I'm glad we didn't have to cut ourselves and mingle blood to become sisters - the thought of anyone taking something sharp to cut me is just something I could never bear to consider! Good thing I've never needed surgery! :heehee:

Love the baby pics - top is my personal favorite!

I know the news from Josephine isn't what you really want to hear but it gives you the opportunity to take the next step in the right direction.

I love your spirit, your sense of humor and your optimism - it will get you through this!
 
Thank you so much @Descant I truly appreciate your weighing in.

I've been feeling bad that I've not been replying to everyone personally lately. Truth is I've been depressed....and depressed for me, the eternal optimist, is like a blood moon phenomenon hahahaha oy! No, but it doesn't happen often...it may simmer in the peripherals at times while I keep finding ways to laugh! I love to laugh!

I rolled the other day when my mom and I were texting on Sunday. We text often, every day. So Sunday she says "I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from church and discovered I had put my grocery list in the offering plate instead of my folded cheque." bwhahahhaha omgosh!!! HILARIOUS!!!!! Funniest part, is I can totally see myself doing something just like that. Hahaha
 
Thinking of you @danabanana . While it is great Josephine looked st your X-rays and info and gave you her thoughts, Im sure it isn’t isn’t what anyone wants to hear. However, I place a lot of faith in her opinions and I think most of us do also, so she has definitely validated your feelings of pain. Now to work on getting another opinion. Hopefully you can find a great OS not affiliated with the office where you had your surgery done. In fact, if you were able to find one through your GP or Pedorthist who specializes in problems, that would be even better but I imagine they are few and far between.

I admire your strength and fortitude through all this and I know you can get through it. I wish you all the best and pray for an appointment for another opinion fast.

On another note, I LOVED your post about your mom putting her shopping list in the collection plate. That is great! I’m sure it will give the counters a good laugh as well. Then the pictures of your little granddaughter are so precious! She is just adorable!!

Take care, Dana, and you can get through all this...:yes!: :loveshwr:
 
Dana, it's understandable, you've been trying with all your might to recover, reading of others hitting
milestones and you feel like you're spinning your wheels. You're stuck....through no fault of your own.
My heart goes out to you in that. You've been in pain and haven't received any satisfaction as to why.
But now there's hope! With Jo's suspicions, if confirmed, you'll be able to formulate a plan and move forward.
I just pray you can get on the fast track somehow and this doesn't drag on.
Prayers the blues lift and you get a confirmation soon so you are able to heal and jump back into life!
You have a very large cheering squad here.....don't forget it. We love ya lady :loveshwr:
@danabanana
 
I’m not surprised that you’ve been feeling a bit depressed @danabanana. You have had to wait quite a while to see your OS and then your symptoms were dismissed. If you’ve known your GP that long then I’m sure that you will feel that you’re getting somewhere and get back a bit more control when you see him on the 13th.

I also haven’t felt like posting because every night I feel as though I’m being admitted to a hospital ward whilst I struggle with diaphragm /abdominal spasms still. I now have a chiropractor, acupuncturist and physio on the case. But, they are not painful and I am making progress. At 10 weeks I walked into the village without a stick for the first time today. So not everyone is making dramatically fast progress!

That’s so funny about your mums shopping list. I LOVE reading other peoples shopping lists! You can’t help wondering why they wanted 3 bags of flour, or 6 packets of chocolate digestives, with hardly any vegetables.

I’m still not driving mainly because my wound has been so painful, so asked my partner if he’d drive me to a church with a lunchtime classical music concert today. Amazing world renowned Academy Of Ancient Music. Imagine my surprise when he said that he would actually come and listen as well. He is a country rock guy and not into classical music.

What he often does in church if the sermon goes on too long is to fall asleep, gradually loosening his grip on the piece of paper he insists on holding, so that I am completely on edge, trying to remove it from his grasp so that it doesn’t fall and make a noise. But then he wakes up just enough to fight me to hold onto it even though I hiss ‘give it to me’ and so the cycle starts again.

That’s what I was afraid of in this concert, but I managed to keep the programme from him and he only fell asleep right at the end during a very long Bach Cantata bless him.

Stay assured Dana that you won’t stay in these troubled times for ever. One way or another you are beginning to get it sorted.
 
would bone grow around the stem?
Here's the thing - the bony ingrowth into the implant usually takes place, as with all bone healing, in a 6-12 week period with most of it happening in the middle of that period. BUT, if the new bone doesn't grow in that period, the development of new bone cells ceases to happen and even slows down. You're almost 12 weeks out now so if this new bone hasn't developed by now, it's not going to. The likelihood is that it has stopped all growth. So loose now stays loose and there is no point leaving it another few weeks to see if it will happen because it just isn't going to.
 
@Josephine That xray was at 9 weeks.... So, ugh. How discouraging. Well, it is what it is then. Makes me wonder why my OS so readily said the Xray looked perfect!!! I certainly don't feel perfect!
 
They do that - heavens knows why! It's almost like they don't really look at the xray in case they find something!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom