THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

So, thought I'd take a moment to address the ol' hip....
I slept relatively okay last night but found myself feeling haggard and very sore today because of yesterday's shenanigans. Therefore, I didn't do much of anything except lay around with my icepacks. Hubby had a day off today, but was a little pouty......the icepacks are getting more lovin' than him. :heehee:
 
@danabanana Thanks for your thoughts about cancelled op just one of those things getting smacked up on painkillers and anti inflammatories for a week or 2 now had dropped most meds on run up to surgery hopefully get done early Jan cold on it's way out now but you know how bad this man flu can be :dead:! So sorry to hear you having to battle crohns on top of hips do wish you all the best. Little granddaughter looks beautiful we had 3rd grandson in March and another due in April certainly give you a reason to keep on going . Didn't lurk much last night as had better sleep probably painkillers and couple of red wines :beer:. Stay strong :wink:
 
Hehehe @mcopt "man flu"....oh yes, I know about that. Sniffle cough sneeze "Hunny, baby.... I hab a code...I'm dying" haha
Well I'm glad you're on the mend. I'll be crossing my fingers you stay that way and get a new date ASAP!! :fingersx:
Grandparenthood is amazing, right? Oh, I'm so in love. That little person is absolutely my reason to push through. She's been my inspiration. My kids have always been my life force, and now it just levelled up with my little Granddaughter. I call her Squeaky. I wish I could post a video clip here of her because she squeaks and it's sooooo adorable! :roseshwr:
So glad you had a better sleep...that's wonderful! I did as well...not the best I could have but better than the previous few. Mmm red wine...I love wine!!! Sunday one of my gfs is coming over to give me a pedicure because as you will SOON (how's that for optimism? :wink:) find out the feet get even more neglected for a spell post op, vrs pre...but anyhow, so I told her....BRING ME WINE! Haha I expect to have a couple glasses and then sleep like a contented baby, with cute pampered piggies! :heehee:
Wishing you a lovely Saturday....keep on top of your pain...rest and relax... Or go do something wild and crazy because pretty soon you're gonna be in recovery and won't be able to shake it up for awhile! :cheers2:
 
Yeap that man flu is BAD!! Know where you are with family my wife's world revolves around her kids we have 6 in all she has 3 me 2 and 1 between us ages 38 down to 10 but still all kids ! I have a granddaughter and she has 2 grandsons and one on the way makes for an interesting life and a busy expensive Christmas. We have 2 birthdays before Christmas wife and stepson so out for family meal then take little ones to see Santa on Sunday :santawave: hopefully find time for glass or 2 of red ! Going to stagger around the garden to sort out dogs :dogsniff: and do some odd jobs as best I can, still frozen and cold here. hope you get some decent sleep and have a good weekend, don't get me started on feet takes a lot of bribery to get my toe nails cut nowadays :bignono:
 
Grandkids are even better than kids, probably because I can love them then pass them back. When I am with them I realize why I was so exhausted when boys were little. Hope getting back on meds is not too bad @danabanana, just take care of yourself.
 
Human burrito is my fate today. Could be worse. I could be a human quesadilla!!!! :nah:
Haha

Lots of spasms in the quad on new hip side and deep aching in the groin. Bring on the ice!
 
Those darn quads just never seem to want to behave. I hate the muscle spasms. Could the meds they have you restarting be contributing? Ice, elevate, take some pain meds and keep your sense of humor.
 
Sorry about the headache, Dana. Is that all part of getting back on the Crohn's meds?
I sure hope with a solid nights sleep you'll feel like good ol @danabanana in the morning!
Hugs :console2:
 
@Layla yes the headache is from the medicine. I had to inject 4x (4 needles of 40mg each)the usual amount, so it's a lot at once. Not likely the reason though for the spasms @MammaT. It's definitely been a rough day and I do hope tonight I have a better and more restful sleep and feel better.
Hip is cranky at moment. I was taking the pressure off my Butt and heals by trying to rest on my non operative side..... But I turned a little sharp and oooooo hip gave a yelp and now has put me in a time out! *pout*
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom