THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

I had to go to the bank twice today...I forgot some paperwork at home the first time. :gaah:
It felt good to not look like a homeless person though. I put on a little makeup and wore some normal clothes. :yes!:

Sipping tea now, icing and elevating, and likely a nap to follow because I'm tired and sore now.
 
Had a nap....was blissful. The house is quiet now because everyone went to my stepsons school Christmas concert. I wish I could have gone but sitting on wooden benches for over an hour wouldn't have worked out so well. I had suggested we haul over my recliner....the school is only 2 blocks away...but hubby just gave me an eyeroll and an icepack. I guess he wasnt keen on that idea. Hahaha
 
:hi:Great to hear you were bopping around, out and about. Not the most exciting errand but there's something uplifting about feeling part of the world again. Make up sure helps too.
Hopefully you got your nap in and are feeling less sore by now.
Wishing you a comfy night @danabanana
 
Too bad you had to miss Christmas concert, but I think you were sensible. Getting out of house even for short errands must have felt great. More trips in your future!
 
@Layla bopping indeed....had to ride in hubby's truck because MIL was out getting the groceries in her SUV and my car is far too low. So, it was quite the climb up and down, one crutch, my silly UGH boots, with my awkward log leg....oy! The teller in the bank was so sympathic seeing as I had to leave and come back later.....she called me a Trooper. My inside voice said "Oh hunny, you have no idea", while my outside voice said "Oh hunny, you have no idea." OOPS! Hahahahhaha no but she was cool and had a great laugh.:heehee:

@MammaT thanks luv....I agree with you, even if I don't normally default to being sensible haha One of my sons is going to record little man's portion of the night so that will be nice.:dancing:
 
Yes, that getting in and out of the car can be tricky. It's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
This seat is too high, this seat is too low, this one is just right!

My SUV is higher. Has a running board thats not detractable. So I get in like a dude!
Not even kidding. I can't just back up, sit down and swivel around because the seat is too high.
I copied something I watched a guy do probably a year ago...by now.
I step up onto the running board with my left foot while holding onto to windshield frame with my left hand and right hand in the hand grip attached to ceiling above drivers window and kind of swing in. It's comical but I have it down. I jokingly refer to it as my Tarzan maneuver. A girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do!!
I will be picky about seat height next vehicle.....for sure! @danabanana
 
@mcopt I was just thinking of you, figuring you must be snoring peacefully in the middle of the night where you are! I feel ya, friend....I was awake at 3am too...then up early to "adult". Haha Naps are the only thing that are saving me these days. I try to skip one hoping that will then help me sleep in the night better but it doesn't help, it just makes me more grumpy from sleep deprivation and then I can just imagine Josephine saying something brassy, albeit well meaning, like "Didn't you read the article here on sleep deprivation?....and the rules: 'why stand when you can sit, why sit when you can lay down, why be awake when you can sleep....'?!?!" hahaha
Soooooo suffice to say, I napped today.
 
@Layla that is hilarious...I can perfectly invision your TARZAN move because mine was all too similar! Only up on the running board with right foot, gripping the "Oh poop" handle along with gripping the door as leverage to haul myself up and over. Haha I felt 90yrs old.
 
Now that's more like it car talk ! @Layla totally agree with your comments it's taken me ages to set seat and wheel just right to get in and out with minimum pain side way entry then swing legs under steering wheel and grit teeth apparently sitting on a plastic bag on the seat helps reduce friction and you swing in more easily. Now don't get me started on motorcycles :hog: or bicycles :bicycle1: really must try and sleep !
 
Funny! hahaha.....one quick comment before you drift off.
The trash bag trick works great! Hubby borrowed my dad's vehicle to get me home from the surgery center.
The seat was the perfect height. We had trash bag in place and it worked really well. Easy Peasy and I was worried wondering how I was ever going to get in and out.
Sweet Dreams :sleep:
@mcopt
 
@danabanana can you really hear me snoring from across the pond ! I can understand why my wife complains now mind you she can give it some sometimes ! I try and be philosophical about sleeping worse thing you can do is stress about not sleeping I read somewhere that just resting and relaxing is 70% as good as sleeping never been a good sleeper but with hip pain it just seems to wake you up then keep you there might try some nature sounds on headphones although will probably wake up chocking myself on cables !
 
@mcopt super hearing goes along with the eyes in the back of my head. Haha my hubby is a snorer. He also sleep talks. I am a very light sleeper so often my sleeplessness is a result of his middle of the night symphony and dialogue! Combine that with the hip pain and it's a recipe for zero zzzzs. I dont let it bug me too much because like you, I was told resting is just as valuable so I just focus on that. And an occasion elbow jab. Hehehe
 
I know this sounds crazy but seeing that guy, who I now copy, was like a blessing. I really struggled trying to lift my leg to that height to get in. Obviously very painful. It's not painful any longer but I just don't feel limber enough. This has become habit and it's easy.
That stranger didn't even realize that accessing his vehicle was providing a teaching moment to another. Thinking on it......he probably had a bum hip too.
I was like a child when I pulled into my garage practicing it a couple times. All exuberant telling hubby too. I'm sure he thinks I'm nuts, haha!
@SaraK
It's time for you to do this :sleeep: Do not pass Go, Do not collect $200 just go sleepy time :yawn: :rotfl:
 
Okay! I was thinking you are an hour ahead of me. You're Central too. You're still good then :heehee:
Gotta rest up for Saturday :martini: :happyfeet:@SaraK
Hope the hip is doing well today. Dana's too!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom