Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

@Layla
I visited a Chiropractor 3x a week for the entire year I was 13 after a boy had pulled a chair out from under me as I went to sit, and I landed so hard on the cement floor I broke my tailbone! Years later I would occasionally go back for the odd adjustment, but then in my 30's I found I felt worse after so switched to Massage Therapy. Now I'm terrified to go to a Chiropractor...but I'd consider it if it would honestly help this numbness and tingling as it's driving me batty!

I admit the bed sheet ordeal was too much. It's a king size bed to boot, so it felt more like a wrestling match! Also, I didn't tell hubby I did it because I know he would have given me a stern scolding. Hehehe

I'm very tired today so taking it easy. MIL made me a lovely plate of eggs and toast along with a cup of tea. I adore her...people often ask me me sympathetically how it is living with my MIL, and I can honestly say 99.9% of the time it's wonderful. We are the best of friends and truly compatible as we are equally easy going people and I'm not at all territorial. She's a widow of 16 yrs and my hubby, being the only son, culturally (they are Hindu) is charged with her care. He has a deep love and respect for his Mother, a great reason I fell in love with him. I'm sure she thinks I'm a bit of a wingnut at times, but I'm okay with that because I am! Hahaha
 
Oh @danabanana, I guess that’s one way to get you to behave. Sorry it sounds like (based on Josephine, isn’t she great at helping educate us?). Maybe a couple of days of tea, Netflix, and limited walking will help. Will be interested in reading Josephine’s reccomenations. Let those men in your house pamper you ( my cats aren’t very good at that).
 
What a nightmare for a 13 year old to experience. Those tailbone injuries can take forever to heal.
It's wonderful you have a such a compatable relationship with your MIL. Not all are as blessed. It's great you count her among friends and admirable that your husband is so respectful of her. @danabanana
 
@MammaT all those men of mine were working all day and Hubby works late shift this week so not home until after midnight. Little man got her from his mommy's for his days with us though and he's in good spirits, feeling loads better. He came into my room straight away to give me loads of hugs to make up for last week's quarantine. I told him how happy I am he's better because I missed him being able to hang out with me...then I squeezed him more....to which he then interrupts to say "Yes me too...buuuuuuuuut, um, I sorta have to go now because I need to watch the hockey game with my brothers. But don't worry, I'll come see you." hahaha funny kid! I love how good my sons are with him though.
 
Dana, I can only imagine. Living in the frozen tundra I fell twice I'd say within a couple years. It's been a few years now since it happened. I slipped on ice both times and down HARD on my rear. I remember the second time that if I sat on a hard surface it was stiill sore up till a year or more later!
Where's beckylou? Gotta look her up.....
@danabanana
 
You sound like one big lovey dovey, funny, fun loving, crazy Brady Bunch family.
Never a dull moment I bet.
Love it!
 
@Layla This house is always hopping. There's not much peace and quiet, but it's definitely full of love and laughter....mingled with the occasion meltdown and of course, there's this moments where hubby "mistakenly" puts on his grumpy pants! Hahaha

I'm so terrified of falling on ice now. Omgosh...I can't even imagine. Hubby joked that he's going to pad me up like a hockey goal tender....or else layer me up like Ralphie's little brother in "A Christmas Story"! Hahaha :reindeer:
 
@Layla
This will be me.....
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Hahahaha! Me too! I don't want to fall. I need the cush!
I realize we can fall anytime, anywhere, any season. Take Mojo, she took a spill at work on a piece of cardboard, I believe she said. You can't help but be more fearful though when the sidewalks, driveways and parking lots are like skating rinks :yikes:
 
Now you're getting me worried with all this talk about falling! Hadn't really thought about it before. Keep in mind that my mother told me once that my middle name was almost Grace. She now wishes she'd given it to me because then I might have had a claim to some! I am a total klutz. I've broken a toe tripping up a flight of stairs - and that was when I was in high school. Doesn't bode well for me now that I'm older and have vertigo. I can literally trip over my own 2 feet - and almost did walking down the hallway at the office today.
 
No falling allowed. Luckily don't have to deal with ice and snow in southeast GA much...good thing, as mentioned, I can slip/trip on anything.
I am being more cautious is my leg muscle super sore, it scared me and hubby!
Already had visions of night at ER.
All OK though.
Dana, you know the lovely recovery timeline...
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Nice that all of your boys get along so well. Love all of the padded pictures. Tripping and falling has always been my strong suit. Was born club footed and mom put me in tap lessons when I was about 5 to try to help. Teacher told mom she was wasting her money!
 
Those are awesome padded pictures. I may need that too. Already getting a winter storm here in Michigan today. Hubby is glad to not have to commute while he's home with me.

@MammaT my mother tried that with me except ballet lessons with similar results lol. I've always been athletic but not very flexible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
@jaydub63 - at least you were athletic. I was a klutz that couldn't run, hit or throw a ball. Swimming, pullleeeze. I never had ballet or other dance lessons but probably would have gotten the same advice. it wasn't fair - my brother and sister stole my share of those skills. Both were good athletes and then there was quiet, bookish Sara. Ok, end of pity party!
 
@SaraK obviously I've not met you in person but you don't seem to be quiet and bookish as an adult! I was a pretty introverted as well - an athletic nerd so to speak!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
@jaydub63 - Some things are easier online/in writing! Not as painfully shy as the girl that couldn't start a conversation in high school but still awkward and shy, especially in groups. bookish, well that will never change but it has led to a good life for me and my kids!
 
Hi @danabanana
Those pics are all funny but that bubble wrap wins the prize. I'm picturing some goon
all wrapped in bubble wrap slipping and sliding around as he's trying to recover from a fall and all the while
he's snapping, crackling and popping :rotfl: Oh Dana that gave me my first morning laugh. Thank You!
Hope today is full of comfort and love :loveshwr:
 
@SaraK
You're a loveable sweetheart now so none of that past history matters. @jaydub.....Same!
We've had some good laughs over some stupid silly stuff....then throw in the always hilarious Dana and this recovery thing isn't too bad at all.
Hope you all have a great day! I'm begrudgingly going Christmas shopping. My grandkids are getting picky making it difficult. They're getting older and it's not as fun as when I could pick out cute outfits and toys. Now I send up distress :sos: signals to my kids, on what to buy their kids! Man.....I sound like Scrooge...
:nativity::santawave::box:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom