THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

I was petrified of getting sick in the weeks before my surgery and picking up a bug only a few weeks after would not be fun at all. I hope you're ok and recovery is not derailed! I hear about lots of nasties going around where I live.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Thanks ladies. So far, I'm okay. Slept until noon today...:wow: Also.....I even managed a brief bit of side sleeping....felt so good to be off my back for awhile. :yahoo: Another win, I've graduated to one crutch! This leg length difference is super annoying though....my pelvis is tilted so my Butt sticks out. I'm trying to correct that but it hurts. Hubby likes it....keeps pinching my Butt Hahaha

I'm presently laying in bed, hip on ice after tidying up the kitchen, listening now to hubby and son playing nhl on the PlayStation. I need to turn up my Netflix volume to drown out the insanity!
 
Glad you got some sleep. Amazing how a little tidying up can make us so tired. Hopefully tilt works its wat into proper alignment. Congrats on one crutch!
 
Feeling crumby at the moment. Understanding Crohns makes my journey more complicated with this fever business and additional joint pains, I'm achy and drained. I'm internally feeling like a toddler who needs their soother....(although I was a thumb sucker until 7+++++yrs old. :whistle:) haha
 
Last edited:
Question......is it normal to be having numbness and tingling in the operative leg and foot at almost 3 weeks postop?
I've lost obvious muscle tone in my operative leg....it's actually shocking to me how much so! Where did it all go...into my right Butt cheek! :boohoo:
 
Last edited:
My big toe on op leg was numb for a while, then I had pins and needles in it. It’s been ok for maybe two or three days now.
Probably not exactly what you are experiencing, but weird nevertheless...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
A friend had that for a few weeks post op - she was told that a nerve may have been compressed at the knee as they were performing their construction work.
 
Hi @danabanana
Just caught up on your thread. Sorry you are feeling yucky, achy and feverish. That's really too bad.
Hopefully you can get a solid night's sleep and wake feeling better.
I think the tingling definitely happens, I remember some of those sensations.
A lot was cut during surgery and now regenerating. I don't personally recall numbness other than in the area surrounding my incision but that doesn't mean it isn't normal.
Possibly others will weigh in or you could always get an opinion from Josephine if interested.
 
Thanks ladies. It's like how it feels as something is about to fall asleep. I imagine there's loads of things going on now inside with inflammation and healing....I just hope this is something that will pass.
 
Hey @danabanana I have some of the tingle and butt tingle pins and needles stuff too. My OS XRay me and felt around. I don't think anyone but maybe Josephine can say but I would advise you if you don't tag her call your OS office or make an appointment .. Huge hugs
 
@Josephine maybe you have an opinon for me on this numbness and tingling in my leg and foot on my THR side? Maybe it's because of the added length?
Thanks in advance. :hugzz:
 
Ohhhh for fun, I found my CORE Decompression thread that I started last year...
( https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-op-core-decompression.38727/ ) Was interesting reading through, recalling how hopeful I was that the CD would work, never imagining I'd be here a year later post THR, all super Bionic and stuff! Haha Feels rather surreal now. But anyhow, I'm so very grateful though that I found BS back then because this time I knew exactly where I could come for the support I would need. You all are so wonderful!!! :loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
is it normal to be having numbness and tingling in the operative leg and foot at almost 3 weeks
Can you tell me the site of this using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<


[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Thank you @Josephine
Okay so basically the entire length of LF3 and LB3
Also under Butt cheek on left wrapping around to the groin.

Foot is heel to ball plus ABCD-7 and EFGH-6/7
Also F 6.
 
Thank you @Tomgirl Hoping today is better as well. It's 1:30 pm here and I'm just about to watch some football. Go Seahawks! :running:

And my little grandbaby Princess Reiya, yesterday. She loves her soother, just like her Mama did. It's blowing my mind how much she looks like my daughter as an infant. Amazing!

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
So, Hubby made me breakfast in bed this morning. A first for me. He was so proud of himself. Scrabbled eggs with cheese and bacon pieces, toast, an avocado, and a cup tea! He made sure to mention the special ingredient..... "Love" hahaha I praised him, thanking him again for the wonderful surprise and how much I love it and him. Then he proceeded to moon me as he left the room. :rotfl:
 
Last edited:
Sounds like hubby has the same sense of humor that you do! Breakfast in bed is wonderful especially if you've been feeling not so great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom