THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Yummy baby!!
I hope you're feeling better today, Dana. I read your core decompression thread. What an ordeal, all for naught!
I'm so sorry. In actuality this journey has been a long one and you've handled it so well maintaining that fabulous sense of humor throughout. It's inspiring.
On an unrelated note: I think we're married to brothers. Same kind of stuff my husband pulls....The special ingredient, mooning, lol!
I sense yours is a charmer too....just like mine. Oh boy could I tell stories of his antics over the years.
Hope you have a restful evening and some sound sleep. @danabanana

Thank you @MammaT though I'm biased, I agree! Hehe :roseshwr: How are you doing? How was your weekend?

@jaydub63 Hubby definitely keeps me giggling. He has two moods though.....silly and grumpy. I tell him to go change out of his grumpy pants often and put on the silly pants because they fit better. Hahaha

@Layla brothers indeed!!! I knew you'd especially appreciate today's full moon escapade. And yes, he is a charmer....quite how he snagged me Haha
How sweet of you to read through my CD post. It was and has been quite the journey. Laughter is the best medicine so I try to laugh as much as I can otherwise I'd just be a sobby red puffy eyed angry boring drag, kinda like my great aunt on my mother's side who always pinched my cheeks and smelt like sour milk and had the mood to match. Hahaha
Today was okay. I rested lots, watched some shows, a movie with the guys, then a little visit with a friend. I feel very run down so I suspect I'm fighting this bug. Ah the life......time for a glass of Vino cuz, why not! :cheers2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a productive weekend @danabanana. Got Christmas package shipped to Arizona. Right hip showed me it isn’t happy but wasn’t too hateful. Have a good Monday, get rest to fight the bug. Hope hip does well.

That's wonderful @MammaT, minus the cranky hip.

I've been doing my shopping online. Very simple stuff because we keep it simple. I'm not too fussy over the gift stuff. I'd rather just do away with it all together except for the littles, but my hubby is a manboy - he LOVESSSSS it all yet hates the surprise. One of the gifts I ordered him came by courier yesterday. Unfortunate because he answered the door! It was packaged in a nondescript bag so he couldn't tell what it could be but he was already curious as to what I would be getting.in the mail since it was addressed to me. So he brings it to me and stands waiting. I could have fibbed and said it was something like a bulk supply of maxipads, to which he would have turned up his nose in horror and left me alone but he had seen the shippers address that clearly said "Fanatics NHLshop" and last time I checked you can't order maxipads from the National Hockey League shopping website. Hahahaha

So anyhow, I said sorry....gonna have to wait until Christmas. He pouted for hours. Even this morning he tried to snoop and gain sympathy from me in hopes I'd cave and let him open it now. Hahahahhaha :heehee:

Knee pads...shin pads...team logo mouse pads, even....but nope, no Maxi Pads. :heehee:
Well, I guess we have something we could attempt, NHL logo Maxi Pads....be a super fan of favorite NHL team, starting in your pants! You all heard it here first, Folks! :rotfl:
@MammaT Today's been okay....sore and stiff and still frustrated with this numbness and tingling.....but, I had loads of sleep, not waking until noon!!! :wowspring:

But then you probably don’t have a cat that can tell the time and meows at you at 6.50am telling you it really really really is time for breakfast now. (The little grey and white one in my pic)
And after food the meowing continues latest around 7.30-8am to “get up hoomin and entertain me alright”.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

My bedmaking battle earlier today has left me quite sore..... Fitted sheets being about as easy as trying to bathe a cat :kitty:
So, I've spent the afternoon and evening icing, hanging out here on BS between episodes of The Crown, and then enjoyed a lovely dinner cooked by my youngest son and his partner-Honey ginger Salmon, steamed broccoli, and (slightly undercooked lol) rice. It was delicious albeit a little crunchy hehehe

Why @danabanana, I’m shocked to hear you might have overdone it (NOT!): how nice they cooked for youcrunchy rice and all. No overdoing today.

@danabanana I see you know how to tag - so why didn't you tag me when you'd left your answers?!!

So are your pain areas similar to these? They look very much like sciatica pain to me for which I suggest you see a chiropractor.

dana hip.jpg
dana leg.jpg
dana foot.jpg

@Josephine Initially I quoted you therefore I didn't think I then needed to tag you as well? I know you are busy with loads of tags I didn't want to give two Alerts, thus being redundant.

Anyhow, thank you for the reply. Those are the areas as well as the top of my foot and my toes, and now along intermittently along the length of LF4.

Aww, @danabanana is the numbness and tingling getting any better? I sure hope so...
Chiropractic scares me after hip replacement. I did go prior to surgery
but post op I'm scared to death to have him jerk me around :yikes:

Your changing the sheets story made me laugh with the multiple breaks and snacks. I can relate. It is tiring!
The first time I did it post op, and it wasn't as early as you accomplished it, it wore me out like a work out!!

Hope you're having a good day!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom