Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Pheebs...can you please describe your new profile pic for me. it's dark and i can only make out for sure a bike. is this your outdoor bike? @kmak81230 nice bike and patio. i see why you need a step to get your leg over the crossbar (is that what it's called?). i don't have that on my bike, can put my leg right through.

p.s. oops just noticed the pic of your exercise bike ~ very nice and your wood floors are beautiful too.
 
I think the dog is riding the bike in your profile pic better than all of us!:heehee: I love your fancy new clothes dryer! Wait,.... no,.... I mean bike! Yes, that is one lean mean exercising machine!:yes: I also love the floors! Just beautiful! Hmm... with a little Pledge and a pair of socks you could take up floor skating! It is the latest exercise craze, in case you didn't know. Ok, well maybe nobody knows it yet, but just think, you could be a major trend setter!:spin::yes!:
 
@liam2015, that is a William Wegman phot of a Weimaraner riding the bike, lol. If you're not familiar with his work, google him. His photos and dogs are amazing.

The bike does have some fancy stuff; bluetooth, a tablet holder, yada, yada, yada. Best of all though is the comfy seat! I also like how compact it is. Now I just have to develop some real pedaling legs so next year there can be a road bike in the picture. :SUNsmile:

The floor is actually Pergo, not wood. We do have all hardwood upstairs, but have had two basement floods in the past that would make wood a bad choice, so we went with Pergo. The bike is located in the downstairs family room, which means I have to do the 13 stairs each way to get my pedaling in; a real workout. :yay:
 
thanks for explaining Pheebs ~ i thought it was a dog. oh yes i've seen those photos of the weimaraners dressed up in costumes and sitting like humans. liam has a weimaraner friend in the neighbourhood. that is your basement!!! wow, pretty fancy ~ i love the wood look even though it's pergo. enjoy your exercise bike. it's a good investment, especially if or when you get your other knee replaced.
 
Well then, I think Prince Liam and his Weimaraner buddy should play dress-up, lol!

It is technically the basement, but the house is a split-level ranch, meaning a finished area on the lower level. In my house, it's a family room and bathroom. It's partially below ground in the back, where the bath is, but because the house is on a steep hill, we can walk out into the driveway from that room. There's also a regular, ugly basement area for laundry and storage and...spiders, oh my!:yikes:
 
Good morning Smarties! I have another exciting development to share! KNEELING!!!! :spin:

Thanks to Mistah sloughing off his overhead fan duties last night, I fell into my very old habit of kneeling on the mattress to reach the pull cord. I did it purely on instinct with no forethought whatsoever. Imagine my surprise when I realized what I'd done!:yikes:

But....it didn't HURT! Let's just say it felt incredibly weird. Really, really weird, lol. It was wonky x 10, but no pain! Now I can't say I'd like to incorporate this into my daily routine yet, but still, progress, eh? The knee just keeps surprising me; hah!:rotfl:
 
Woo-hoo! Kneeling. That's big. I have been way too scared to try that yet. I haven't kneeled for years. Isn't it the best when your body just takes over and shows you what is possible now?
 
Yes, it IS the best when the body just seems to go on instinct @Jajakio! Most of my recovery milestones have occurred this way, lol.
 
It's kinda crazy @bashbago, eh? I seem to have a run on milestones and then none for a bit. It swings back and forth, but I can say I am now having more good days than bad.:yes!:
 
I don't think so. I spent most of my day yesterday thinking about whether I am progressing slower this time or if it just feels that way. The first week seemed so much better, but I feel like my recovery has slowed to a snail's pace. Maybe a snail that just had a tkr.

I have realized that it doesn't matter how many times you tell yourself to not compare the knees, it's going to happen. One of the side effects of staged knees. I haven't been to pt since last Monday, no ride with the kids gone, but I don't feel like I have gained any rom. I hope I am still @ 90. We'll see at my appointment on Tuesday.
 
@sandi4213, sending you some cyber hugs. You're having a bit of a rough patch, just as we all do. I'm sure being alone, something that isn't your norm, is also coloring your perspective. If it helps at all, my DH just left for a business trip, so it's just me and the dogs. That means I'll be up 1/2 the night because I never sleep well when he's away.

I'm sure anyone who's had a staged knee can't help but compare. There's nothing wrong with it per se but it just isn't especially helpful, ya know? It really doesn't matter what Knee Number one did because now you've moved on. It's all about listening to Number Two now, and I'm sure she has lots to say, good and bad.

Do something today that you normally wouldn't do, just because you deserve it! As the old saying went, "Buy a new hat," or eat something decadent. You get the drift. Spoil yourself like you would a sick child. And keep posting; we are all here for you![emoji258]




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Secret handshake? H'mmm... Slap hands and holler "Kneerah!"?

The arthritis taught me how to handle toilet seats: Place one hand on the seat. Brace the other on whatever is handy. Lower down, extending whichever leg was bad at the moment.
 
Good one rubyyarn, though probably light on the secretive part, lol!

Yes, kneeling IS possible. Note I didn't say enjoyable or fun, but doable on a mattress.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom