Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Would love to have you all join me in spin class, but please don't follow my lead as I continue to attend ODIC meetings. Got all full of myself after 45 minutes of spinning on Tuesday - felt so good yesterday that we decided to ride bikes to hear a bluegrass band last evening - probably 5 miles round trip with a couple of small inclines - yes, riding on the road adds resistance and hills even more. :no-fin: Long night back and forth from bed to couch to try a find a sweet spot for sleeping. Then off to spin class this morning leaves me with a bit of a sore, swollen knee this afternoon - not to mention tired from sleep deprivation. :elevate: I am my own worst enemy in this recovery. Please do not take any pity on me - it just reinforces this bad behavior :xmark:
 
Last edited:
I also have my road bike on a trapeze like contraption to be able to use it as a training bike indoors. I have used it 3 times for up to 5 minutes since operation. The recumbent bike at rehab is easier on my behind. Today I did 4 km on the latter. Felt good.
@kmak81230 ...not pity but sympathy for you:. I can imagine how you felt during and then after.
 
yikes @kmak81230 well it would be nice to join you in your spin class, but i will spring for hiring a cab to get to the bluegrass band. and...how was the band? i love that kind of music ~ fell in love with it in the film "oh brother where art thou". hope it was worth the ride and you didn't injure anything. (i'm trying to sound tough so i don't reinforce your bad behaviour).:skep:
 
Oh no, you didn't do all that riding, did you? My goodness, no wonder you are in the ODIC. You know what to do now for the next couple of days!
 
No injuries @liam2015 - just a more swollen, sore knee this afternoon. It was a good folksy, bluegrass band at an event to welcome students back to campus. Bluegrass festivals are very popular out this way. I love that soundtrack to Oh Brother Where Art Thou? Yes @sistersinhim - I must confess I did . . . . as I've said before, slow bender, slow straightener, and slow learner.
 
Pheebs, what's going on?? Just catching up on your thread and saw your "crud" comment. I hope you are off in sleepy land. Catch up with you tomorrow. :friends:
 
Crud? As in Con Crud, that nasty disease one gets when hanging out for a weekend with 65,000 people? Whatever it is, I hope it's not catastrophic and you feel better soon.
 
Oh, no CRUD here, that remark was for @kmak81230! In fact, I am the opposite of CRUD today! I had such a funny little victory last night that only another TKR could possibly understand. For the first time since I rid myself of the raised toilet seat around....7 weeks ago, or so, when I went to use the toilet last night, I just plopped down exactly as I did pre-all knee injuries/surgeries! Whoohoo! No leg guarding, no leg extension, no thought at all, just sat on that very low, little seat like a *NORMAL* person, lol! And, got up the same way!:heehee:
 
I thought so Gertie! I found it quite exciting and once again, totally unexpected, lol!

Off to PT soon! Thinking *glide-like, bendy, cycling thoughts!*:snork:
 
Conquering the Low Toilet is one of the high achievements of TKR! Congratulations! Remember the first few times you approached it? Pure strategy. My last best reason for taking a cane with me was lest I encounter a Low Toilet and need to defeat it. :arrow:
 
Congrats, a victory only a TKRer would get excited about. I ditched my high toilet seat a few weeks ago ( primarily because it mildly annoyed my husband and he was always taking it off and forgetting to put it back and there I would be in the middle of the night and needing to pee now and not having time to put it back on). But I was still maneutering myself on and off the regular toilet less than gracefully. Well last night at my midnight run I just got up like a normal person, not hanging on to anything or shuffling legs or hesitating , just a graceful as anything. Shocked myself. Husband just grunted and rolled over when I told him.
 
Good for you Pheebs! It's those simple things no one else would understand but a knee replacement, ha ha. I hope PT went great and you glided. I love your descriptive details. I was trying to tell my PT your details of what it took to walk. What was so funny is she told me all those steps earlier that same week. I just glared at her over the top of my glasses. I showed her your post and said now that's what I thought but just didn't have the words!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom