TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

I've been practicing kneeling but have not done it full on yet. Well done, even if accidental. My nonop knee doesn't like to kneel much, unless on a cushiony surface.when I kneel at the gym the new knee feels very weird.
 
I was *kneeling* on the mattress to pull the ceiling fan chain in the middle of the night at maybe 2 months-ish, but that was more just having it there for balance. Have kneeled on it recently but only with good cushioning. I am hoping that one day it feels *normal*. Good for you, Pheebs!!
 
I can kneel on both my knees - one almost 6 years old and the other almost 3 years old, but I still don't like the way it feels. I don't think that will ever go away.

However, I'm very glad that I can kneel, if I have to - and get up again.
Last year, when my husband was away, the water filter in the kitchen sprung a leak about one in the morning. I had to go out by torchlight onto our long driveway and lie down on the asphalt, putting my hand down a deep hole, to reach the valve that turns off the water main.
As it was, my kitchen was flooded, but if I hadn't been able to turn off the water main my whole house would have been flooded.

I practiced kneeling by starting first on the bed, then graduated to kneeling on a cushion or pillow on the floor, then finally onto the carpet.
I can kneel on a hard surface, but it feels very uncomfortable and I try not to do it.

Some people never can kneel and some surgeons prefer it if you don't, so it pays to ask your surgeon.
 
Glad you saved your house from super major flooding! I agree about talking to surgeon about it. I spoke with mine about it before getting released back to work.
 
No new tricks tonight, lol! Actually, a very low key day, just reading on the back deck for hours because the weather was purrfecto! 69 degrees, sunny and no humidity.:SUNsmile: The only exercise was 6 minutes on my new bike, I didn't push it any further because I have PT tomorrow, though I could have, because the more I pedaled, the looser the knee felt. Pedal Power!:flwrysmile:
 
WooHoo!! :upright: Glad to hear that you had a nice day and that you were sensible with your activity levels! Spence could use a few lessons!:yes:
 
Spence seems very fresh. Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine can be difficult, but not as stubborn as Spence, lol.

Yes, in general, I am very conservative with exercise. I learned some very hard exercise lessons when I had a THR five years ago and vowed not to repeat my errors with the knee. So far, so good!
 
Pheebs, glad you had a low key day. It was 87 and humid here in Chattanooga today.:bawl:We did take DH's convertible to church and out for lunch today but it was WARM! He likes the top down all the time summer or winter as long as it's not raining....So do tell what book kept your interest for hours?? That temp sounds divine!
 
Eeeuuuw, 87 and humid isn't warm, it's HOT, lol. Definitely my idea of an indoor day Becky! I don't *dew* well outdoors if it's warmer than 80 degrees unless I can swim, lol. But, riding around in the convertible sounds like my cuppa tea; fun!

Today was divine, a taste of early fall. If only we had this year round, eh?

The book that held my interest is "The Weight of Heaven: A Novel,": by Thrity Umrigar.
 
DH is off on a business trip this week, so it's the first time I'll be alone with THE KNEE lol. It feels odd to be without my *nurse*! Of course, Pheebs and Nemo are clinging to me like a lifeline, so I'm not exactly alone.:SUNsmile:
 
We had fall like weather here as well, much better than that annoying summer heat! I am in agreement that this weather year round sounds great!
 
Ahhh, alone can be good and bad. BK...which stands for "before knee", I enjoyed being in the house alone for a day or two. We are empty nesters but there is something about cleaning with no one there to disturb you. Now, I don't enjoy it so much cause I'm not into cleaning so much. Friday evening though I did get on my bum in the kitchen and cleaned all the baseboards!

I hope your time passes quickly for you and if you are bored I'm sure you can catch most of us right here!
 
I can't really complain since he only travels about 4x per year and we think this will be his last trip since he is retiring at the end of the year; whoohoo! I get used to it after the first night, but miss him and his cooking! I'm not much of a cook, but I managed to throw a piece of salmon on the grill tonight without burning it or my hair.:heehee:

OMG, you washed your baseboards? How was it getting up off the floor? For that matter, getting down on the floor? Now that's a trick I haven't tried yet since my failed attempt at getting into the bathtub. I know I kneed to learn how to do it, but it's not going to be this week with DH away, lol. I'd feel like a mega-fool if I had to call 911 for a "Help, I can't get up from the floor," scenario; hah!
 
Ha ha, you make me laugh as usual! I actually got on my knees briefly to get down. After I was down I just scooted all around on my bum. To get up I turned over like I was going to get on my knees but instead had my bum up in the air and just walked my hands up to my feet and stood up. I know you know that lovely picture:wave: but better than the help, I'm down and can't get up scenario. Good for you for grilling today!
 
I have also been on the floor since Spence was transformed into Bionic Spence. And that doesn't include the day in the hospital that I chose not to be on the floor!:no-fin: I agree that it is best to get shown how to do it however for me it was easy enough to get down on one knee and roll over onto my bum and then do the same thing to get back up again of course with the help of something sturdy nearby that I can pull myself up with until Spence had a little more strength to stand up on his own.
 
So, our bums do have a purpose other than filling out pants, lol! Who knew? I'll definitely hafta try these floor tricks again once DH is home.:snork:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom