Guest viewing is limited

Panic stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
@fulafoto So happy for you! You will be on the other side before you know it. You have shown such patience and grace through your wait. Can't wait to hear about your amazing recovery. :)
 
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news Bill! So, so many on here have been watching and wishing for this news. We are so excited for you. It will get here so fast relative to how long you have waited. Best wishes for a perfect surgery and here's to kissing that pain good bye!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Fantastic! If I could I would do a little dance. :)



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Sorry... Typing in car ... Went over bump and it sent message too soon.
What I wanted to shout is....FABULOUS NEWS Bill @fulafoto.... So very pleased that you will soon get rid of that debilitating pain. Good on you cobber ( that's Aussie speak isn't it.. Lol ). Enjoy your break too Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Well thank you so much everyone. The support and camaraderie here is absolutely wonderful and I am so appreciative of all your messages and well wishes.
@bottomshollow - I agree so much - my kids want me to 'get a life' but I am quite content to keep it all what they would call is boring! :bored:
@wannabebrave - yes there is certainly light at the tunnel now - before I couldn't even see the tunnel :heehee:
@younghippie - thank you so much and I will definitely let everyone know how I am going:thumb:
@Rhonda K and thank you - I am sure keen to get rid of this pain too:yes!:
@psychteach - I can already hear the cheering - thank you!!! :yay:
Thank you @pumpkin - your kind wishes are well and truly enough and I sure don't want you to throw anything out :bignono:
Thanks heaps @Jozilla and Chris @zauberflöte - yes the trip away will be just the distraction my DW and I need before the big day:SUNsmile:
@Stripey - thanks to you too and can't wait to wear my new T-shirt after surgery; [Bonesmart.org] Panic stations
Oh Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny you gave me a huge laugh and can just see that happening to me too! :snork: Thank you and yep you're too right mate!!! (more Aussie-isms)

In more news I went to the doctor this morning and she has upped the dose of Targin (Oxy) to 20mg until surgery. I have been managing on the 10mg but have been supplementing it with Panadiene Forte (I think that is Tylenol 3 in the US) and she was not happy about that at all, especially with me going away next week she wants me to have something for breakthrough pain as I already know that I will be pushing the envelope with a few excursions we have planned I think that is a great idea.
 
Bill @ fulafoto- I have just read your news on my way to work and it has made my day! So pleased for you- you really have suffered enough. And glad you have increased paiin meds. Its good you will be busy on your trip- that will help any pre op nerves. So happy - yippeee! :):D:):D
Gill
Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Well done @fulafoto Bill! So happy you finally have a date! Guess I will now take your place as the official "waiting for a date" Smartie. I just found out this week I am having my other hip done - when still remains a mystery. Glad you can pass the baton.
 
@Fulafato- sincere congrats on the date! I know you really want it. I will be certainly thinking about you on the date. I remember how nice it was to receive a note from a stranger while I was in the midst of the prep for the surgery :) you read on this forum so much and you participated in so many discussions that I think you know as much as one can know and more ... and with all this prep your recovery will be full and fast.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh dear @Jaycey...sorry you are 'in the queue' again....hope you get you've date very soon....Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@fulafoto Bill, glad you will have a stiff pain cocktail for your travels! @hoppynanny loved your car posting for you-- I giggled!

Now we will see if I am successful with my first post from the phone...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@fulafoto I am a little late chimming in here about your surgery date. I am thrilled for you and will be counting the days with you. I really do feel for you with regards to your collapsed hip. Both of mine had collapsed prior to surgery. The pain, oh how I know the pain. I can tell you that the horrible bone on bone pain you are experiencing now will be gone once you have the surgery. Yes there will be pain, but it is surgical and it gets better not worse. Again, I am just tickled pink about your date.
 
Well we arrived in our nations capital (Canberra) yesterday and to be honest I had a bad day. Not driving the 3 hours to the airport made me feel a bit sick as in nauseous and the airline - I will give them a plug - Virgin, were brilliant, they could not have been more helpful or obliging (unless they didn't charge for the airplane tickets that is:heehee:) with me in my wheelchair and it just seemed so easy. The flight was quite strange during take off with the 'G' forces I lost all pain whatsoever for those 30 or so seconds - it did return when we leveled out however and when landing the pain was very bad, once again due to the 'G' force I am guessing. Anyhow suffice to say I overdid it. I had a good nights sleep and woke up good today and have been all day.

@Jaycey thankyou you and I am more than happy to pass the baton however I really don't want anyone else going through this period of uncertainty at all and I really do hope you get a date soon!
Thank you so much @allahere for your very kind wishes and I really do hope your very right
Thanks Chris @zauberflöte and yes - you did really well - I know the feeling when posting from the iPhone as I only recently got one myself - harrowing to start with but a piece of cake afterwards :)
That is lovely thank you @Serenity41 and while I read it all the time and have no doubt what so ever that this pain will be gone - I really do have trouble imagining life without it - does that makes sense?
 
Bill, it makes perfect sense not to be able to imagine life without the pain at the same time as you are believing it will be so! I was unbelieving that the furrow between my eyebrows would go away-- but poof! It was gone!
Interesting effects of takeoff and landing-- did they cause you to forget your "passenger seasickness"? ;)
Hope you will continue the travelogue, or better yet, I hope you will have such a good time that you will not have time to post:)
Getting the hang of this phone-posting! See? I even changed its little signature! :teehee:


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, good phone!
 
Just think Bill..... Once you've had your op and on your way in recovery you will have endless pain free time.... Not just 30 seconds...... Hope you can stay at a good level for your trip!!!! Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom