THR Pain in hip after nine years.

Glad you are 'ahead of the curve'. I guess you get a gold star! :yes!:
Good to hear about the ocean, and crunches are okay.
:thumb:
 
No, @Dmcfad2 , I worked 6 am to 3 pm... lol... Im just tired today. Using ice like there's no tomorrow. Gonna be an early night! :alarm:
 
Great report Debbie! So great that you can get back in the gym and do most anything you love doing! Funny that the PA was embarrassed by the question around sex. I would think that would be a common question ..

A bit of a pleasant surprise to know you don't have to worry about dislocation as much! Glad to hear that too!

So glad all is going well for you!
Pam
 
Debbie,

Just scanned thru your thread here. Glad all is progressing well. I have been off the forums for awhile since it has been 4 years since my back surgery. I do remember the 2 steps forward and 1 step back progression. I waited too long on the back surgery and don't want to do that with my hip. Your progress and attitude has renewed my desire to get this over with. So, will start the steps toward surgery as pain is 5-7 daily and getting old. Will monitor you here as you continue to improve. Thanks for a very detailed report. :)

Ken
 
@rugmankc Hello, Ken. Thanks for you kind words. I am happy you've decided to go forward to work on getting yourself out of pain. There is so much living to do! I am feeling better every day and it has been a bit of a roller coaster for me, some little bumps, but mostly just onward and upward! I am getting my life back and I am enjoying the ride! Keep posting here to let is all know how you are coming along. This is such a wonderful group of supportive people!
 
@rugmankc Hello, Ken. Thanks for you kind words. I am happy you've decided to go forward to work on getting yourself out of pain. There is so much living to do! I am feeling better every day and it has been a bit of a roller coaster for me, some little bumps, but mostly just onward and upward! I am getting my life back and I am enjoying the ride! Keep posting here to let is all know how you are coming along. This is such a wonderful group of supportive people!

Will do Debbie,

I am trying a shot first to see if it will let wait till Dec for the surgery--best time for me. By that time you will be doing cartwheels :)
 
I told you you would forget.....LOL...It comes over you....and then you think...hmmmmm....I have an artificial hip...LOL... I am so jealous of you girl...living by the ocean....oh I wish that was me...Jersey shore here......Are you feeling somewhat yourself??? I told Claire I helped my son move...walking 2 flights of steps...up and down and this time last year forget that...I would have not been able to help.....My PT says I am doing well.....Debbie you will know when you feel almost normal....It just happens....That stiffy thing I think stays for awhile....but it does get better,,,Heck stiff over pain????? I will take that any time...and LOL as for the sex thing:heehee: you will know....your body will tell you.......LOL....Get to that beach give a good stretch and thank God we live now to have this little miracle of ......NO HIP PAIN.....keep going girl......:wave:
 
Hi, @chaseyboy Joanne, yes, I am feeling more like my old self. I still get sore and achy when I sit too long on a hard chair or do a lot of physical activity. We went out to lunch today and the chairs were so hard, I had to keep standing up and then my hip started to ache. I had also done a walk at the beach, so between that and the hard chair, I had to take a pain pill when I got home! But I am mostly doing great. My ROM is slowly getting better. I tried to put on my shoes and socks this morning for my walk, but still can't do it on my left side. That kind of bummed me out, but it will come!
The worst thing is I think I've gained about 6 pounds :sos:and I'm really feeling it. I need to get back to the gym. I plan on starting next week after we get back from a 4 day camping trip. Thanks for checking in. Glad to hear things are going well for you, too!
 
Today was my first day back at the gym. Rode the exercise bike at resistance level one for 10 minutes, did some light upper body weights and then some hip stretches. Getting on the floor to stretch was definitely a challenge and getting up was even harder. I still have to have something to hold on to when I do that. Baby steps......
 
Pleased to hear that you were able to,get back to,the gym. :upright:
Re getting up from lying on the ground: have you tried turning onto your non-operated side, then onto both knees, then lifting yourself up by bending the knee on the operated leg and keeping the good leg straight...?
This is a pain free method that works well for me.
 
@Cantabrigian I am having trouble visualizing your way of getting up. I got onto both knees, bent my non-operated leg forward and then had to put my weight on a table to bring myself up to standing. I couldn't do it without something to hold on to. I'm hoping that will get better as my recovery progresses.
 
You're doing how I do it, Debbie. If you are able to push yourself up on your arms (which is all I am doing different to you), then no need for the support (table or other). Perhaps after a couple more gym sessions you'll manage unaided. :)
 
@Josephine I am having a nagging pain in the back of my thigh for the last few days. It is in the area of GL2b on your chart. It is not horrible, I'd say between a 1-2, but I always feel it when I am walking. I don't notice it when I am at rest. Do you have any opinions about that?
 
At a guess, it's just a muscle strain. What ever you are doing that applies extra tension to that area you need to stop!
 
So glad all is going well for you Debbie @Dmcfad2.....going bAck to the gym must be a great boost to you....unfortunately you do tend to get lots of different aches and pains in different areas throughout this recovery.....just as one goes away another starts....I think it's all the different muscles that we've not used complaining. Hope your recovery continues to go well. Love Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Back
Top Bottom