Guest viewing is limited

TKR Over did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello how is things going? Wow I have to say your scar is healing beautiful. Mine was that small till he had to do revision.

How did the MUA GO?


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Went well. Once I came to it hurt like hell. They started pumping pain meds via IV and orally so now I'm a 6ish. Therapy tomorrow morning at 10.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
It's a different kind of hurt than before. My bursitis in the hip on that side is not happy either

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Was this outpatient or an overnight stay for you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Outpatient. It took bout 30-45 min. Not including prep and recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
They gave me a femoral block so I didn't feel much in the way of pain until the next morning. If my knee itself hurt when it wore off I couldn't tell because of the quad pain.

Make sure you take your pain meds tonight!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
No block. Just IV drugs and cortisone. Thx @tigz I'll for sure to take meds on schedule. No being brave for this girl lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
My husband can definitely tell a difference. I'll have official numbers in the morning

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
@bluejuju I'm 88 as of Saturday. I'm sooooooooooo sore but in a different way. It's more muscle and soft tissue right now and not that deep bone ache. I feel more freedom in the joint which makes me feel good. Also I'm not looking forward to therapy in the morning :( Got my meds increased to percocet 10/325 and got a muscle relaxer Tizinadine bcause the Valium was like candy and also I asked for anti-inflammatory Mobic bcause I can't take Nsaids. I've GOT to do therapy 4x a week for 2 weeks. I CANNOT afford to let scar tissue weasel it's way back in lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
@Pumpkinseed my ROM has been staying around 115, my extension has suffered a bit because I've been so focused on the ROM. I've been on my feet a lot the last few days and I think it's probably fallen a bit with the swelling. The swelling is still there at the top of the knee. The OS thought my bending will get better as that swelling reduces.

I switched to a heating pad for the thigh as of day #3, that helped a lot as well as just massaging the sore areas of the quads.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
That's awesome. I'm trying concentrate on both flexion and extension because like u out I want flexion so bad. I think k sometimes I want heat too and sometimes it feels like it should be hot and swollen but it's not hot. Weird! I'm gonna try heat when that happens. I've been doing a lot of stretching and it feels good. I can finally get on the toilet without kicking my leg out so far hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Not heat on the knee...just thigh. And if your quads are really sore tell the therapist to massage them!

I know what you mean about the toilet!

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
I got so used to my seat riser, I truly did give some thought to just keeping it on! We recently remodeled the bathroom and I discovered that toilets nowadays are higher than before. (At least you can buy ones that are just a few inches higher) makes a huge difference!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I thought about getting one but thought that's just one more thing to clean lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
I don't know if I'll ever get rid of my shower seat tho. I've always loved taking looong showers and now I can comfortably.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
I talked to my Dr's MA today and found out my stats: be for the MUA my flexion was 50 and extension 25. The OS got it to 130 and 5. As of yesterday (3 days later) I'm at 88 and 10. So happy I gained some. Got on the bike and I was elated to see my legs going around and around. I tell ya it doesn't take much to make me smile ;) Well on my way for another round then a massage later this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom