Guest viewing is limited

TKR Over did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Pumpkin---I think that you should give it a while and see how it goes.

I took the liberty of merging your recovery threads, as per forum guidelines. You are only allowed one recovery thread---it really does help all of us see where you have been, where you are, and where you are going if we can focus on one thread, and not bopping around from one thread to another.
 
@Pumkinseed.. really? They want to do a MUA and your ROM is 90? I would read some of the incredible threads that are in the library section on this website and see what happened to others who had achieved a Slow ROM gain.. you will eventually get there pumkinseed and on your own. I, too, have thought about the same thing...maybe I need a MUA since I am going on 9 weeks now and I have to really strain to get to 95-100. But I can feel the swelling inside my knee. There are hard areas on the outer part of my kneecap and I know that is what's preventing me to bend. It doesn't help when your PT mentions MUA at least once a week. I don't know... I feel like you. I didn't go through this grueling surgery to end up with a stiff knee that won't bend. I am calling my OS in the morning to ask her opinion. But my gut tells me to hang in there and wait it out.... oh what to do???
 
my knee is about 80?at 11 weeks tomorrow,,but l thought it was bending more this morning while doing some heel slides,etc..l am hoping things change as swelling look less so far today but l know that can change ( swelling ) as the day goes on,,l will be watching your post to see how you make out
 
@bluejuju Something happened and my ROM went down to 74 and extension is -10 I'm so confused. I have hard areas on the outer part of my knee too. The OS explained the arc my knee is in is why I'm having trouble putting weight on it and its affecting my hip which has bursitis and my back due to the way I walk and distribute my weight. So if my knee doesn't hurt my hip and back do and visa versa

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
@bluejuju Something happened and my ROM went down to 74 and extension is -10 I'm so confused. I have hard areas on the outer part of my knee too. The OS explained the arc my knee is in is why I'm having trouble putting weight on it and its affecting my hip which has bursitis and my back due to the way I walk and distribute my weight. So if my knee doesn't hurt my hip and back do and visa versa

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk




Having that same issue. Hang in there. Odd my back hurts where hip is. So I know what u feeling.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Sometimes we have to do things we don't want. I know in my case I have to wait. So frustrating cause u have a new knee and don't know what's normal. But I do hope your doing well. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Sometimes we have to do things we don't want. I know in my case I have to wait. So frustrating cause u have a new knee and don't know what's normal. But I do hope your doing well. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
Your so right. I've done lots of research pros and cons and i feel ok with it because I don't have the luxury of time.to wait for it to increase on my own. I've planned a trip in 3 months and need to get on the road to recovery. They're gonna inject something to retard the scar tissue and for swelling and pain. I head to therapy the same day and the next day which is a Saturday. Then it's 5x a week for 2 weeks. Then 3x week for 2 weeks. A lot of stories I've read ppl have had success. We'll see. Thanks for your support

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
@Pumpkinseed my two biggest fears were loss of ROM post MUA, which didn't happen, and lots of quad pain, which did, but I had meds for that. I was given a general anesthetic and a femoral block, which kept the pain at bay for 24 hours. Also a cortisone injection to hopefully minimize the formation of new adhesions. My MUA was July 1...hasn't been a week yet. My attitude cautiously improved nearly 100% the day of the MUA.

I would've had the procedure the next day if possible but my OS was on vacation the next week

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
@tigz keep me posted on your progress. I need all the encouragement I can get lol. And I'll do the same!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
@Pumpkinseed will do. I think I know how you're feeling....looking forward to it and not looking forward to it, at the same time?

Hang in there!

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
 
Hi there! How are things going? Better I hope!
Better pain and fatigue wise just in time to get knocked on my butt by the MUA next Friday. At least I know what to expect pain wise. I think that was the biggest shocker for me. Thx for asking btw [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Sitting here waiting for my MUA. Let's get this party started ... snap crackle pop

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom