Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably the case, Natalie. You're still so early in recovery. Be sure you take those meds on schedule.
 
Hi Natalie, I have been thinking about you. Sorry you are still struggling with the pain. Do read the pain management stuff in the library. Staying ahead of the pain is the key. But sometimes it takes a awhile to get the balance.

Get some rest and lots of ice (I am sure you are doing this). Take care! :cnsl:
 
Hi Nat-
So done with vacation and back to work. Boo!
I'm glad you went back thru my thread on the SC board. Notice we both suffered from freezing. I had a lot of temperature control problems. I did mention it to my PT and they said it was very normal. That lasted for months.
Rebecca was correct and noteing that while our similarities will be common our timeline could be very different. As long as we get there right?! And yes SC can make your healing different. You had a synovectomy right along with a TKR. A double surgery!
I did ask my doctor if it could come back and he said yes. A replacement would slow it down but there is a possiblity that it might yet come back. I asked also if it would hurt the prosthetic and he said no. It could still fill up your knee and you can still have soft tissue swelling and soreness but no more damage will be done.
Saw that you fell. Be carefull! I did the same thing a few months after. I think we must come from the same clutz tree! It scares you to death doesn't it? I just laid there for a while and was so scared to move but whew I was ok. Just bruised. I did call the doc to make sure.
Hope today is a good day.
Martha

Hi Martha I didn't even think about my TKR as a double surgery!I am glad to hear that the SC won't damage the prosthesis but I really hope none of us have to deal with SC damage elsewhere again!
I did have a little fall the kids had left the bathroom floor wet and my crutches went from underneath me there wasn't too much damage thankfully!
I hope works not been too bad since you went back :thmb:
My knee is doing ok I am still not much further with the knee end but physio rang this morning and once they decide where I am allowed to go for my PT hopefully I will be able to get further.

Nat xx
 
Hi Natalie, I have been thinking about you. Sorry you are still struggling with the pain. Do read the pain management stuff in the library. Staying ahead of the pain is the key. But sometimes it takes a awhile to get the balance.

Get some rest and lots of ice (I am sure you are doing this). Take care! :cnsl:

Thanks Jaycey now my doctor has upped the meds again I am hoping this will help :thmb:

Just need to start outpatients PT now :thmb:
 
You know, I once did a week's voluntary work at St Joseph's hospice in North London. I commented to one of the nurses how everybody was so at peace and had no pain. She answered that it was because they didn't let people get into pain. Drugs were given routinely regardless. Seems like it's a good way to go, specially in the first few weeks.
 
You know, I once did a week's voluntary work at St Joseph's hospice in North London. I commented to one of the nurses how everybody was so at peace and had no pain. She answered that it was because they didn't let people get into pain. Drugs were given routinely regardless. Seems like it's a good way to go, specially in the first few weeks.


Sounds really good :D
 
Today has been a weepy day today and I have just read through the post in the library about tears after surgery!

I had a late night last night friends came round for food and gossip and where I was sat on the couch hurts to sit there for too long so even though I iced the whole time I sat there and took meds I still ended up in pain all night and finally dropped off at about 4am I woke again at 8am for meds and drifted off till 10am and was woken by the phone and it was the physio departments secretary asking which hospital I would like to attend for my PT so I said the nearest one to me and she said ok then hesitated and asked if I needed hospital transportation which I do,I don't have anyone that can take me to any appointments so I have always used hospital transport,so she then went on to say I cannot go to that PT centre as they don't except patients who use hospital transport!So I have to go to another place that is miles away and not very good :( So I have no choice really so I said will it be soon when I get seen as I am struggling with my knee bend and she said it won't be till at least the 15th September because they only have one physio who deals with consultant refferals?Anyway I just said ok came off the phone and burst into tears :blush:

Totally not like me at all!!!
 
Awww...Natalie....I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. That does happen with all the meds and effort of recovery. You know, it's probably a bit too soon for you to have long visits with friends. It's okay to excuse yourself and go to bed for a nap. If you can get some rest for the next few days, I think you'll feel better. This just wore you out!!!
 
I think your right I wish I had just snoozed while they were here as they wouldn't have minded!But I was having a laugh and felt good for the first time in a few weeks,I'll know next time and I definetly intend on resting up for a good few days,the kids are off to their dads at the weekend and hubby is at work so it will be just me the dog and the TV :thmb:
 
Bless you, Nat. I wish I was nearer - I'd take you to physio!
 
Nat,

Earlier in my healing, I had a few times where I overdid it with visiting with friends and family. It just was so nice to see people and feel normal for a little while that I didn't realize I overdid until later, and then I paid for it with pain. You might want to make sure that you are sitting (or even lying down) in a comfortable place. When one of my closest friends came over, I just lay on the couch with my ice while we talked.

This got better for me pretty quickly, so I hope that will be the case for you!
 
Nat,

Earlier in my healing, I had a few times where I overdid it with visiting with friends and family. It just was so nice to see people and feel normal for a little while that I didn't realize I overdid until later, and then I paid for it with pain. You might want to make sure that you are sitting (or even lying down) in a comfortable place. When one of my closest friends came over, I just lay on the couch with my ice while we talked.

This got better for me pretty quickly, so I hope that will be the case for you!
Good idea Rebecca the only place I am really comfy is on my bed with lots of pillows and I'm sure my friends won't mind sitting on my bed with me :) They all came in pyjamas last night so I wouldn't feel like any needed to get dressed and make any effort and funnily I'd put clothes on ha ha!xx
 
Bed is the only place I'm comfy too!!!

xoxox,

Linda.
 
They all came in pyjamas last night so I wouldn't feel like any needed to get dressed and make any effort and funnily I'd put clothes on ha ha!xx

Now THAT'S pretty funny. It sounds like you have a marvelous group of friends, Natalie! But, I'm not surprised....you're such a sweetheart yourself. I know you enjoyed having them visit. Don't worry....you'll pop back quickly.
 
Now THAT'S pretty funny. It sounds like you have a marvelous group of friends, Natalie! But, I'm not surprised....you're such a sweetheart yourself. I know you enjoyed having them visit. Don't worry....you'll pop back quickly.

And now I'm crying again!:cnsl:what a lovely thing to say thankyou Jamie :dogkiss:
 
Nat, What great friends you have to come visit you in PJs! I love that! Hope you're doing okay today. I'm sorry about the PT frustration. One way or another, things will work out and you'll do what you have to do. After everything you've been through to get to this point, you know you have the strength to do whatever you need to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom