Guest viewing is limited

THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant only doing exercises on the pool. Over the yrs I've done a lot of pt in pools and it's so therapeutic, easy on the body, and makes you feel better. I'm envious u have a pool to use. I agree with Sullivan in terms of not doing anything that hurts!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Since my two week mark I've not been able to nap during the day and it takes me forever to fall asleep. What is going on? Otherwise I'm doing better. Finally catching up on exercises, increasing walks a bit each day, but the lack of sleep is making me cranky, irritable and makes pain seem bigger than it probably is. I've read others talking about games on here but I can't find them. So people hit this insomnia patch and for how long? It's been 3-4 nights and it's making me into quite an irritable person. Anyone else???


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fish. I had that too...mind racing and wondering am I ever!!!! Since I have been home I have not taken one nap in the day. I've never been a napper. It got bad for me esp at first because it sets up anxiety. .....which spins everything else out of control. I ended up splitting anxiety pills and taking half. Sleep is important. But I have a hard time.with it too. Boo.
 
Finally fell asleep, now missed meds...... Time to play catch up. Had lots of time last night to search insomnia and sleep through old threads. Didn't seem to have the pattern of starting at the 2-3 wk point. Yes the first week was beyond difficult from the pain, but now?

@Jamie- My doctor has me cutting back meds.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh my god, if I don't vent here I'm going to go postal on my husband who thinks he's helping but not at all. He has the day off for the holiday. I was sooooooo looking forward to getting out of the house and human contact, but after a sleepless night, he let me sleep this morning. Meaning now I have hrs if catch up on meds to deal with. Also he's cleaning. But not the things that need it... Scrubbing, laundry, kitchen and bathrooms. Instead he's gone around the house moving everything to new homes, things I've had set up for weeks on my own to make life easier to new spots. Coffee station.... Gone. Living room station....remote, blankie, pillow, book, computer, etc, gone. Laundry going, but no e of my stuff. Omg!!!!!! The man is trying but he has just undone weeks of optimizing my three healing locations in 2 hrs of 'decluttering'. Argggghhhhh! What took him two hrs took me 3 wks to master all those things in easy to reach, easy to do on my own locations. And don't get me started about the stupidity in 'letting me sleep' just because I was up all night! We've been through that argument at least 4 x already. No matter how many times I try to get him to read stuff on this site so he gets it, he won't. 3 more days of this........ One of us might not make it out alive after this holiday weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy thank you for the laugh, but so sorry it is causing issues for you! But your description of your hubby's efforts are priceless! Why is it that the one person with whom communication should be to notch is often the worst? Does he get his feelings hurt if you are honest with him about your needs or opinions? My ex-husband was like that, and then he would get nasty. (Notice I said "ex.")
 
Well teecup, that depends on my rxn, which is why invented here not on him. If I had said all that to him, he'd be pouring in front of the tv for the rest of the day. I really do need him to do a list of useful cleaning, and help restoring my 3 spots in the house, so I took my meds, had a mini tantrum here, and avoided looking at the obliteration of 3 wks of optimal reach for daily items. Oi Vay!!!!! They try.... But man.... Sometimes.... I just want to kill their oblivious selves.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh @Tweefishy I can relate! Although you were mad and venting ~ I must admit to a chuckle! My hubby did laundry which meant digging out all of HIS clothes and washing them! Oh and don't get me started about unloading the dishwasher! I can't find anything! Do I dare make labels that say plates, glasses, cutlery etc and stick them on the shelves?! Haha! They are from Mars for sure!:gaah:
Glad you could go postal on your posts and keep peace in your family! That's what we are here for~ hope you have a good weekend! Happy 4th.
 
Husbands are from another planet to be sure. No disrespect meant but OMG! My hubby just decided to try to fix an electrical outlet in his bathroom. Now, if you knew him....you would know how terrifying that was for me. First, I checked to make sure my insurance was paid to date. He has good people skills (sometimes?) but anything mechanical....not so much. And electrical??? oh dear lord. Means well but this three day weekend is gonna be a long one. The dishwasher is just off limits. After a zillion years married, I just redo it every time. I hope you both are well this weekend. I hope Fishy's hubby lived to see another day............:umm:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am thoroughly convinced that men can not see dirt. It's a bit like selective hearing (and they'll tell us it's because our voices are pitched too high for their sensitive ears).
Also, men do not understand "DO NOT TOUCH MY STUFF WITHOUT ASKING FIRST". Sometimes we do need to shout.
Of course, if we try to remind them that the dishwasher or kitty box needs emptying, it's nagging.
See - it's all our problem. When we see something needs doing we tend to do it now. Which is why we're always so **** tired. When we ask a man to do it, the see it as something to take care of after (the game, the NASCAR race, dinner, a nap) and we get to look at it for hours. So we either nag, rant or get divorced.
OTOH, they always mean well and are generally clueless as to why we might be upset, so they try tomake it up to us by doing something special - like moving all your stuff which is cluttering up the living room.
:good-bad:

Patti in Vail AZ
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Tweefishy You go right ahead and rant all you need to - this is the place to get it off your chest! While I have not had a hubby in a long time (been divorced twice as long as I was married) I did have a house mate when I had my BTHR - more like a nephew to me and long time friend who rented my basement for several years. He did try very hard to be helpful - was a terrific cook (though could not get a meal on the table at any specified time), could fix just about any computer problem that cropped up, and was very willing to do errands if asked. BUT ... the dirt, the messes, the blown out light bulbs, etc etc would ALL go totally unseen for weeks if I did not specifically request he do something about it. I swear he'd use every pot, pan and utensil in the kitchen while cooking .... and walk off and leave them all right where he left them. Or if he did clean up a bit he would not wipe counters or clean the stove. And lets not talk about loading the dishwasher! GRRRRR. One night early on in my recovery from surgery he came home from his day job, said "Hi" and headed down stairs ..... with me sitting in almost total darkness because all but one of the bulbs in the ceiling light and the light on the table next to me were blown out - he did not even notice! I had to call him back and nicely request that he replace them for me (table lamp I could have done .... if I'd been able to reach the high cupboard the bulbs were stored in .... which at the time I could not as it required me to climb up on the step-stool to reach).

So settle into your favorite recovery spot with legs elevated and ice packs in place ... and then call "Oh sweetie!" Please bring me the (...... fill in the blank.....) and the ..... and the ...... and ..... Until you have all the things you need where you want them.
 
I just read all your responces after my moment of shock and horror looking at his attempt to clean and undoing all of my easy to reach stations. Well, ya'll will be so proud! I didn't say a word, except, get me out of this house. A picnic in the forest got rid of my cabin fever, my frustration with a house in disarray, and got me some much needed fresh air walking in! What a crack up reading ya'lls comments. So true! Each and everyone!

I'm doing well. Reached the 3 wk mark. Getting regular cold laser treatment on my sciatic, butt cheek and outer thigh to calm that mess down from my near fall.
We went out sat and sun Beyond grateful for getting out of the house and getting some lovely walks in near nature.
This week I'm trying to simulate a very mellow work week. Doing a few hrs of computer work, short walk around house, make lunch, shower normally, get dressed, then read for a few hrs. I do the computer, and reading while icing but I've got to start getting stamina for work which requires constant rushing around, gowning and degowning, standing and walking through clean rooms, trouble shooting equipment, etc.

Originally I told work I'd be back full time next week.... Oi vay..... Stupid grasshopper. With my hr commute in stop and go traffic to work each way, I must have my quad working before making the commute.

I'm trying to take to heart everything I've learned in this forum. I start clinic PT tomorrow, and know to keep them in check, and just in case this flares up my sciatic nerve and butt muscles spasming again, I've got an apt with the Chiro for some cold laser tomorrow evening.

Now if I could just get this dreadful insomnia to go away!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Tweefishy we need an insomnia support group. Last night a was here in that awful state of doing too much, hurting too much and resisting a pain pill. Like two giant eyeballs alone on a pillow. Finally took a pill and half a Xanax as I was a mess. You are a smart fish to start practicing your work day. Makes lots of sense because our routine has been tossed in the toilet with this "little operation" as someone said to me the other day. It took me a while to sit in my car...the longer to turn on the motor and drive a block or two. The folks at work are just gonna half to deal until you are more confident . When you finally do go back we will all be here waving our pom poms for you. Until then...treat your yourself kindly, try not to kill hubby, go outside and breathe, get some butt laser, don't lose your edd card and call a new friend if you need a hug. Xo. ♡
 
Thanks Donor!!! If I make it to PT today, il be sure to give a report. But right now, damn poop meds working ridiculously overtime! Not sure if I can manage an outing!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@jacey: I am trying to get my doc to extend the dates. Just not sure what to ask for. Im on day 22, but had about 8 day set back when I caught myself from almost falling and flared up sciatic and the toosh muscles into constant spasm and strain. I don't see my surgeon until July 21 ish.
I can walk, do some exercises, but the biggest problem is very little sleeping.... And dragging all day but still no sleep.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
If you read the Phased Return article you will see that the recommended time off for recovery is 10 - 12 weeks and then a phased return to work. Some people don't need that long but it does sound like you do. Getting control of the sleep issues is always a major effort. Talk to your surgeon or family doctor. If it were me I would not be planning any return to work this early.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom