Guest viewing is limited

THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh that is terrible about your leg on and off the brake and about your work @Tweefishy, and that is terrible for the managers too, what a mess. I hope you get all your stuff sorted and can do what you want to do and move. This sleeping thing is just crazy, I come home exhausted, today was a bad one. As soon as it is time to sleep I am awake !!

But the melatonin arrived from the US today so I am going to check the dosage, as I have ordered 3 different strengths, so I can start low and may be move up if required. Will see how they work getting me back in balance.

@AndyH99 you have 5 leave !!! my word what is going on, that is a lot of people. Going back to work, please don't do it if you are not ready, its not that easy and you did have both done at the same time. The energy drain is awful. I asked my GP for another 2 weeks and when I got the fit note from the surgery, it was for another 5 weeks....so there was me trying to go back and there was the GP, who I hadn't actually seen, signing me unfit for even longer. I used this time to negotiate the return to work that suited me and not work boss.....

I certainly wasn't ready at 6 weeks even though that was my original plan of action....and now I am thinking it is still too soon and I am nearly 12 weeks, but not from the new hips, from the sheer exhaustion of lack of sleep and trying to concentrate and the butt pain.

have a good day and or sleep all xxx
 
Sooooo exhausted. Good night and do random acts of kindness when the mood strikes. I'll catch up to ya'll this weekend.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Each day I'm coming home and trying to do something additional to help build stamina for a full day of work.
It doesn't work that way. You should not be doing anything except going to work and resting. You can't "build stamina" and you are exhausting yourself. Work and rest. Pretty soon the rest times will decrease. Take care!
 
Oh @Tweefishy it sounds hard getting back to work. Be kind to yourself and post when you have time, thinking of you
 
Damn @Tweefishy , reading this is really making me consider carefully about my return to work, even if I'm lucky and I can work at home for any period I suspect it could work out unpleasant. I really hope you are having a great weekend and stocking up on that nutrition ready for the week ahead, not to mention enjoying putting the feet up for a while.

Good luck and I wish you a stress free day (& week) with the damned energy drain becoming a thing of the past.
 
@Tweefishy, Gosh...that sounds really difficult. Especially having to manually lift your leg to drive! I felt like that on long drives before my bilateral hip replacement. I haven't started driving yet. I hope you get the rest and nutrition you need. It sounds like a lot of pressure. Take care of yourself.
 
Note to self.... Get trigger point massage therapy on Saturday so I have a recovery day. As it stands, my hip is super achey and I start full time work tomorrow. Yikes!
The treatment helps tremendously though! I gained so much range of motion and tremendous pain relief, just a few achey days before getting to that point. Thank u so much Suzette for mentioning it. This fatigue trap is getting old. This coming week will be soooo much harder. Just gotta suck it up and soldier on.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
The tiredness will decline. You owe it to yourself to realise stamina comes more from extended exercise in a normal stated not exhausted and aches as aches and pains often make our movement tailored to those not normal movement. Good luck with work.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Tweefishy....yes I discovered after the elbow in the piriformis it was um painful for a few days after. Funny though the last time I went the achy bit did only last a day...so definitely try and have a day to rest after.

It dies seem to work though. Which us great stuff.

I started back fulltime too. My first one today, was a bit if a shock to the system. The getting up early was hard especially after my usual not much sleep again night.

Then I wanted to come home at 4...managed to last until 5. Hope you manage to leave on time and not do a 12 hour day.

Good luck xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom